The Home Depot Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

The Home Depot Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.1

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Honolulu, HI (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call within a week. They scheduled me for an interview 3 days later.

The interview was very informal and it was super easy! I was nervous but the manager interviewing me was so friendly and encouraging and really liked my responses even though I was very nervous.

I was hired on the spot and they sent me to do a drug test and did my background test.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you provided excellent customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. I was told i would get $11 an hour.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bronx, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

They asked 5 questions, looked at resume, we're ready to hire me.I was sent to another office,ready to do a drug test, and was told that they want me, untill they told me the low rate of pay which I refused.

Interview Questions

• Name one incident ,when a customer got irate at a problem   2 Answers

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Chester, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Port Chester, NY (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

The unterview ptocess was very professional. The questions were easy to answer and I was very relaxed.Overall the process was very comfortable. I aalso did my research about the company so I had interesting questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my people skills   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiations were quick and easy. I told them what I wanted an tey agreed.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Leesburg, VA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

You must make an account with the Home Depot Careers page and apply online for the job(s) you wish to fill. I went to my local Home Depot to actually ask to see the hiring manager to introduce myself. The ladies at the front were accommodating and called the supervisor. I'm glad I did this, she was interested to get me an interview but said I had to go through the online process. She told me to email her and give her my job confirmation number so she could find me in the system. After you apply, corporate sends you an email with a number to call for your phone interview. If your phone interview goes well, they give you a time to do a follow up interview at the local store.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you went above and beyond the expectations to help a customer in a previous customer service role.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Lake, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Forest Lake, MN (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Was taken to a lunch room to wait- then 2 gentlemen invited me into a small office- crowded with three of us in there. They asked questions on how you would handle customer Scenarios - what you would do if you did not have a good answer to their questions- making sure that you asked for the sale and then asking if there was anything else you could help them find. what to do with a mad customer- when to get a manager involved

Interview Questions

• what do you do when you see a client in an aisle   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owasso, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Owasso, OK (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Quickly informed me of the position I was applying for, asked about my goals for the next few years. I was then asked about my previous experiences. Then was called for a second interview, drug test, and new hire paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odenton, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Odenton, MD (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

very easy they just ask some basic questions and give you some basic what if scenarios mostly stuff like customer care is the top priority and safety as safety effects customer care

Interview Questions

• how in the past have you dealt with difficult customers   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bay City, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bay City, MI (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was a basic interview. I took some of my own questions with me to ask when they asked if I had any questions. It took a few months before I was contacted for the phone interview and was scheduled immediately after completing the phone interview to attend an in person interview.

There was another Home Depot employee in the office taking notes of my responses, I believe?

I'm glad I read the interview questions posted on here before hand, I'd been at a loss for answering a couple of their questions.

Interview Questions

• You are helping a customer locate a type/brand of hammer you've never heard of. Another customer approaches you and appears angry, they want to purchase a more expensive item, how do you handle them both?   1 Answer
    • Q: You are helping a customer in the lumber department find building materials for a project. After minutes the customer tells you they must be leaving soon. What do your do?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Petersburg, FL (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online on September 13. Had a phone interview on September 15 and was given an in-store interview appointment for September 21. I arrived 10 minutes early, but wasn't met for an interview until more than 30 minutes after my appointment time. I was given a paper to sign, then told the position for which I'd applied, Customer Service Assoc, had no openings. I could apply for a Cashier position, and MAYBE, if I worked really well for a year, I would be able to move to the job I'd applied for and was qualified for. They also told me they thought I was better suited for the job I applied for, so would probably not be happy as a cashier. I didn't quite understand why they gave me an interview appointment for a job that wasn't available, even though, when I looked at the website when I returned home, it was still listed as open. I was quite unhappy about wasting so much time after thoroughly preparing to be interviewed. I wasn't asked a single question, nor did I receive an apology my disappointment and for wasting my time.

Interview Questions

• I was asked nothing. I was given an interview appointment for a job they told me when I arrived was not available.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Turlock, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Turlock, CA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

You get two interviews, the first is with the assistant manager and the second with the store manager. each were about 20-30 minutes log and in a relaxing atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why did you pick The Home Depot?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.