The Conference Board of Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at The Conference Board of Canada

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Conference Board of Canada

Internship Interview

Interview

The interview was fairly easy, and the economists were pleasant to talk to. I was offered minimum wage for a position that requires a degree and relevant past experience. Pretty shameful practices if you ask me.

Meeting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at The Conference Board of Canada (Ottawa, ON) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with three people, one from HR and one person from the hiring area. Regular questions based on my CV. I was asked to come back for a 2nd interview with a the same two people plus a third manager from the hiring area. I also received a salary screening call and had to complete a writing test.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to prioritize multiple demands for multiple people.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Conference Board of Canada.

Interview

Quick and to the point. Asked all the routine questions about MS suite of products and related experience and proficiency. Professional approach and spent time talking about the organization and opportunity for longer term employment.

Economist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Conference Board of Canada (Ottawa, ON) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone- a few HR questions, the rest were mostly questions on how I would analyze certain situations, and my writing experience

In person + written test- friendly interview, and test wasn't so bad. The management team seemed friendly and knowledgeable.

Problem: haven't heard back from them, I interviewed over a month ago. I emailed 2 weeks ago (3 weeks after my interview!), and was told that they are still in the hiring process and I should hear back within a week. That was July 6th, it is July 21st now.......

Shows of a poorly run organization, or highly inconsiderate of other people's time.
    Either provide an accurate timeline for the final decision, or a final answer.

Interview Questions

• What indicators would you need to examine and forecast the business sector in Canada (similar question to health expenditures in 20-50 years).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Conference Board of Canada (Ottawa, ON) in September 2013.

Interview

3 interviews, two by phone and one in person. Interview with director was fine, but she didn't end up staying with the organisation very long afterwards. HR disappeared as soon as the process was finished, no on-boarding. Their main concern was how many other competitions I was in and what other offers I had received

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Conference Board of Canada.

Interview

Phone interview with HR and hiring manager followed by in person and analysis and writing test. In person interview was frustrating because almost all the same questions were asked that came up in phone interview.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Conference Board of Canada.

Interview

The hiring practice seemed to be taken out of an old HR 'how to hire' textbook from 1960. Interviewer seemed distracted or disinterested in the dialogue process and more interested in checking each box that a series of questions had been asked and answered.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I was married and had children.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Conference Board of Canada (Ottawa, ON) in July 2019.

Interview

HR called aftera month also I had applied online and apologized for the late connection. Did the pre-screening questions and surprised to find out how low the salary was but nonetheless accepted a second phone interview with the hiring manager and another HR. A week later, I had the second phone interview with questions about my background. I had another 3rd interview further explaining my experiences. I was told that I will have an answer within a week. These people came back to me with written questions. I felt a deception but I quickly did the questions and send it to them. The same day i started reading the reviews on glass door and realise that this is not a place that I want to be working for. Period!!

Interview Questions

• Please tell me your experiences of your past roles? are you a canadian citizen?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.