The American Legion Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at The American Legion

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at The American Legion

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Avon, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The American Legion (Avon, OH (US)).

Interview

Very straight forward, hired instantly. Was walked through the kitchen area and server space to show me how the set up works. Was also explained the hours and times expected of me.

Deputy Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The American Legion.

Interview

This is one of the worst phone interviews that I have ever had. The HR representative just doesn't know how to interview candidates. She asked me for my salary range, and I told her that it was the upper end of their advertised range. She then berated me for trying to take money away more more deserving veterans! I asked her to clarify the salary range, which she did, and then I told her that I was looking for something on the upper end. She calmed down, but again told me that I should be there to serve. My apologies if I actually want to pay my rent in a very expense city. After that I decided that I am going to focus on private sector jobs. I am not asking for six-figures, or anything extreme. But if you advertise $72,000 to $78,000 and I say that I want $75,000 then I should not be yelled at.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The American Legion (Marietta, GA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

I was only asked my available hours and if I could provide proper paperwork. I only had to fill in my name, address, and contact info on the application.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at The American Legion in November 2015.

Interview

Brief and basic. One interview with Supervisor lasted maybe 15 minutes. She shook my hand said thank you and gave me a tour of the office introducing me to my future co-workers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Haven, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The American Legion (Grand Haven, MI (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Brief but thorough, very friendly and laid back. I had been referred by a friend that was currently working there so I know that helped. It was a new bar manager and I was her first hire. She has subsequently said she is so happy she hired me.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The American Legion (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

To be honest it was through a temp agency. But it wasnt anything intimidating. They asked basic questions that any temp agency wo0uld to find out basic information about you and your past. You also have to pass a drug test through pretty much any temp agency to get a job from one of the companies to choose from.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eldorado, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The American Legion (Eldorado, IL (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

Very Simple. It's what you look like and who you know

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.