Tesco Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Tesco

1,455 Interview Reviews

2.3

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tesco (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. There were a lot of behavioral questions that asked about ways you responded to certain situations in the past. There is a lot of pressure in this industry so they want to know how you would react when something goes wrong and you have to respond quickly...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when something didn't work out how you intended?"   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Process was 30 minutes long with HR and department head. Was asked specifically to go through a typical day in a purchasing process that one had experienced. Interview was short and to the point. Was asked about salary expecting.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for Tesco? What makes you the perfect candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco (Houston, TX (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I was a direct hire chosen from a headhunting agency for my skills with Data. I received a phone call from the agency asking if this was something I would be interested in doing for a temporary 3 month period. After agreeing to the position the agency set me up with a first-day contact at Tesco for the next business day.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, KY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (London, KY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online after 8 failed applications, finally managed to get a group interview. Interview consisted of 3 competency based questions, very easy going and friendly. About a week later i was notified by phone that i got the job. Came for induction and all went from there

Marketing Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks.
    First is phone interview, typical behavioral based questions and what do you think about this position.
    Then is the AC, prior to the interview you got a case to study and asked to do a presentation at the interview day. I miss the group interview, but HR was very nice and assign me to one department manager to present my case study. After that, I was interviewed by four different department manager to talk about the details. Several technique questions. Most were about scenario question and your background details.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. he majority of the questions is about yourself.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesco (London, KY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Normal MCT online test, then one-to-one interview with line manager. Interview was quite easy and relaxing. Normal MCT online test, then one-to-one interview with line manager. Interview was quite easy and relaxing. Normal MCT online test, then one-to-one interview with line manager. Interview was quite easy and relaxing.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with complaints   3 Answers

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

Assessment center with presentation, group exercise and panel interview

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Employee in New London, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Tesco (New London, MO (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

-Easy standard interview questions
    Why do you want to work here
    values of tesco
    tell me about yourself

On hand experience of personal shopper
    Offered Job straight after interview
    Induction given a week later
    pay has increased instead of bonus

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tesco (Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)) in February 2008.

Interview

7 stage recruitment process including testing

Interview Questions

• How would you establish credibility in the first 30 days   Answer Question

Negotiation

People Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Leeds, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

Online submission and interview with 2 regional people managers. It was very intimidating. I wish I could remember more questions because they were all curve balls. Mostly behavioural and my research proved useless. Was an uncomfortable process, but maybe I wasn't right for the role.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage capability when really busy?
      Why Tesco?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.