Tesco Customer Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Tesco Customer Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Tesco

2.2

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesco (London, KY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Normal MCT online test, then one-to-one interview with line manager. Interview was quite easy and relaxing. Normal MCT online test, then one-to-one interview with line manager. Interview was quite easy and relaxing. Normal MCT online test, then one-to-one interview with line manager. Interview was quite easy and relaxing.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with complaints   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Tesco

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halesowen, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesco (Halesowen, England (UK)) in July 2010.

Interview

Simple hiring process: Handed in to the store my Tesco application form (now has been replaced by a standard CV requirement) which I had printed from the careers website.

Interview request came back several days later. The interview was simple assessing competencies and a small amount of time was spent trying to understand me as a character. The interview lasted 20 minutes maximum.

Before I was offered the job I was asked to shadow an employee for 20 minutes to gain a very small taste of there day to day work and check I was still interested, once I had confirmed that I was I was asked to start the following week.

Interview Questions

• The competencies required 2 examples in several cases and this threw me but after some mild prompting I came up with the examples.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco in April 2009.

Interview

The nastiest interview experience I have ever had. Whilst waiting for the interview in the staff canteen, I was subjected to abuse from a group of non-management staff. This gave the impression of a deeply divided company.

Interview Questions

• Give details of situations where you have been given responsibility.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco in August 2009.

Interview

You get a letter through the post, letting you know when your interview is and what time. You arrive and get taken to the rest bite around and asked if you would like a cup of tea/coffee. You sit in there for about a minute and then the interviewer comes and asks you to follow them, you go into a room and sit down. The interviewer asks you question's around personal integrity and customer focus. You then have to answer the question's but also give examples of where you have dealt with/ experienced those situation's. At the end of the interview you get told that you will get your answer either through the post or by phone, within 3days - a week

Interview Questions

• Describe a way in which you have put yourself out there to go that extra mile for a customer/ friend and how did that make you feel?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco (Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales (UK)) in May 2008.

Interview

Great communication over the phone before hand. Interview consisted of in store group presentation, including group interview with scenarios and other team building exercises. This was followed by a one-to-one interview to discuss times of working, pay, availability and any final questions that needed to be asked.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when team building was essential in something you have done   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tesco in June 2015.

Interview

I made the initial application online. Within a week, I was called into my local store for interview. The interview itself was easy. The manager was very pleasant. There were no unexpected or difficult questions. There was an informal discussion of my hobbies and we talked a little about what the position would entail. The manager was pleased that I asked about the position and team I'd be working with.

Interview Questions

• Q. Do you not feel you want to pursue a career more in-keeping with your degree?   1 Answer
    • Q: Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell me a little about yourself.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received an email and a text to confirm my availability. Attended the interview, which was a group interview this lasted about 2 hours. Then waited a week or two and was asked to come in for a one on one interview which consisted of roughly 3 to 4 questions. Three days later was offered a job but declined.

Interview Questions

• During the group interview you are asked to sell a random item to the group.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I saw the vacancy online and applied here. I then received a phone call just twenty minutes later to arrange an interview and was told it will be a group interview.

The group interview was eight people in total (including myself). We filled out forms and the HR manager gave us some general information about how things work.

We were then split into two groups of four, where one group would work on the shop floor for roughly ten minutes while the other group were in the boardroom discussing questions asked by the interviewers. The groups then rotated.

We then in our groups had to build a 6ft tower out of paper that stood for 2minutes. We had 5 minutes to plan it, 20 minutes to build it and 5 minutes to present it.

Five days later I received a phone call saying that my interview was successful and inviting me to induction on Saturday.

Interview Questions

• When have you done something for someone that wasn't expected of you?   Answer Question
    • When have you gone out of your comfort zone?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gatwick, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Gatwick, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Quite relaxed, they just went through my CV and why I think I would have been good at the role. I dressed formally (as you would for any interview really). After we were selected (post-interview), we had an introductory day which was very long and a bit dull but had to be done! This was simply about their core values as a company, our uniforms etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; talk to me about this experience; so you are attending [insert university name], what is that like?; what skills do you have that you think would prove advantageous to this position.   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Caerphilly, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Tesco (Caerphilly, Wales (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was done via group, took around 4-5 hours and was asked all the same questions, was notified that I had the job the same day, had to wait over 8 weeks to start!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.