TC Energy Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

TC Energy Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at TC Energy

2.7

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TC Energy (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Quick, There was an initial phone interview followed by an in person panel interview. I was being offered the position when I had to come back for another in person interview with leadership before the finalizing the offer. Overall the interview was easy, free-flowing conversation around the job duties there were very few specific questions and they seemed more pro-forma.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult individuals?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TC Energy

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TC Energy in January 2020.

Interview

Invitation for interview was 4 weeks after application close date. The invitation was by phone, the interviewers were BAs, and the interview was in person. The interview questions covered traditional, skills, situational, and behavioural. The interviewers were cordial and very friendly. It was an easy-going and comfortable atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for TC Energy?   Answer Question
    • Talk me through your past experience that’s relevant to this position? (ie. What are some of your strengths that you bring to this position?)   Answer Question
    • What is an area of development for you? (ie. Where can you improve?)   Answer Question
    • What techniques do you use to elicit requirements? Which of those you mentioned do you like best?   Answer Question
    • What have you done to keep a project in scope (ie. prevent scope creep)?   Answer Question
    • How familiar are you with Excel (SharePoint, Power BI...)?   Answer Question
    • Situation: You’ve scoped out the project and the project sponsor has given you a verbal go ahead but has not signed the project charter. How do you proceed?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Behavioural questions. Panel of 3 or 4 interviewers. Somewhat repetitive. Was called back for a second interview with different people. reviewed resume in detail. Flexible salary negotiation depending on the manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a conflict with your boss.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TC Energy (Calgary, AB).

Interview

Applied online for a new graduate position in Calgary. Got a call for an interview about 2 weeks later. Interviewed at the DT location with two individuals. Questions were behavioural style... nothing out of the ordinary. Received a rejection by phone 1-2 weeks later (did not make it to second round of interviews).

Interview Questions

• "Name a time when you had to make an exception to the rule."
      "A colleague verbally attacks you during a team meeting. How do you respond to the situation?" (paraphrased)
      Most questions are behavioural style, as is the standard for oil and gas.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TC Energy (Calgary, AB) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was easy, there was nothing complex about it. Online application, 1:1 interview with majority fit questions (and some comfort level questions in regard to the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel for the role of Business Analyst) for 30 minutes. Took about a few days of waiting around before an offer came through.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with Excel? What functions are you most comfortable with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TC Energy (Calgary, AB) in April 2010.

Interview

- was contacted a week before the interview
    - Typical behavioural type interview
    - relatively relaxed mood
    - some "what if" situation questions
    - short test at the end

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself beside what it says on your resume   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.