Sysco Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Sysco Canada Interview Questions

Updated 3 Oct, 2018

2.5

Sort:

Interview

Easy to talk to the HR, friendly environnement, company benefits and expectations outlined clearly. They described the team as well as the tools put at our disposal. In a quick tour I got to meet a few emplyees

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Regina, SK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sysco Canada (Regina, SK) in June-2016.

Interview

Phone interview by the HR department. On site interview by a few hiring managers, reference check by the HR department. Then hiring manager phone calls. The whole processes takes couple of months.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco Canada (Toronto, ON) in August-2014.

Interview

Received email from someone in HR to set up phone interview. Had quick 5 minute discussion with person in HR and set-up in person interview with HR manager and hiring manager. The in person interview was about at half hour.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience in food industry, why I wanted this role and a few situational questions.   Answer Question

Senior Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sysco Canada (Toronto, ON) in May-2013.

Interview

Phone screened by a bubbly girl who did not seem to know much about the position and seemed to be reading from script. Called in next day for interview. I was HIred following. Phone screen was easy basic questions - in person was 'behaviourally based' (tell me about a time). I had some examples ready so it was easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had competing demands and how you dealt
      Tell me about a time you had a disgreement with a coworker
      Strength and weakness
      Self in 5 years

Pretty easy and basic. Just like sysco.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them my expectations and they gave me 2 grand more than asking...because cash is all they have with their broken culture.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thunder Bay, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sysco Canada (Thunder Bay, ON).

Interview

interview process normal, called brought in for interview, performed training, that's it

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was hourly wage

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sysco Canada.

Interview

Asked question about subfile process and problem solving skills.

Negotiation

The hiring manager was very honest & nice person. I got the salary more than what I asked for.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco Canada (Winnipeg, MB) in May-2015.

Interview

They called me for an interview and asked a little about myself and what kind of job i used to have. Then after that they called me again to let me know that im gonna have another interview in a few days afterwards. Then I went to the facility to meet the manager for the interview.

Interview Questions

• If im able to work longer hours   1 Answer

Transportation Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moncton, NB

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sysco Canada (Moncton, NB) in April-2016.

Interview

Was conducted using both behavioral and situational interview practices. Was a good mix of both allowing you to easily transition from one question to another. Did not however focus on aptitudes/abilities outlined on the resume.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sysco Canada.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The initial communication was a bit informal. A friend suggested I apply for the opening and I didn't hear back from the recruiter until he shot me an email asking for an interview. I drove 3 hours to get to the interview.
    At the interview, there was a District Manager, and a recruiter. They asked plenty of moderate to hard questions about sales, customer service, and meeting objectives. This was not an interview for an entry level position. This was a much more strategic interview than I had previously gone to.
    Anyways, about an hour later, I was told a short list of candidates would be selected for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you worked really hard to satisfy a customer but didn't get a sale. How did it affects your sales skills, at the moment, and how did you compensate to make your next effort a successful close?   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco Canada (Calgary, AB).

Interview

First interview, phone interview: Basic why do you want to work here/why should we hire you. Asked about recent sales experience and how that would apply to the position. Salary expectations, etc. general questions.

2nd interview. Back to back interview with three interviewers. All of them asked the same question, just worded differently. questions included.

- tell me a time you made the most memorable sale
    - tell me a time you had to adapt to change. provide examples of a change that you adapted to easier and another time that was more difficult

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: tell me a time when you worked long and hard for a sale and never made a transaction   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.