Sysco Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Sysco Canada Interview Questions

Updated 3 Oct, 2018

2.5

Interview

Easy to talk to the HR, friendly environnement, company benefits and expectations outlined clearly. They described the team as well as the tools put at our disposal. In a quick tour I got to meet a few emplyees

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericton, NB

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco Canada (Fredericton, NB) in September-2018.

Interview

I was approached via email or telephone. A phone interview was conducted by one HR person consisting of mostly behavioural and experience. Also was asked what my willingness was to work for hours per week.

Made it to the in person interview. The district sales manager along with someone from HR interviewed me. It felt a bit awkward to be honest. The interview was laid back but having two people asking questions can sometimes stink. I left this interview feeling not so good about my chances of being hired.

The hiring process too about 2 and a half weeks. I was not offered the position.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Regina, SK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sysco Canada (Regina, SK) in June-2016.

Interview

Phone interview by the HR department. On site interview by a few hiring managers, reference check by the HR department. Then hiring manager phone calls. The whole processes takes couple of months.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco Canada (Toronto, ON) in August-2014.

Interview

Received email from someone in HR to set up phone interview. Had quick 5 minute discussion with person in HR and set-up in person interview with HR manager and hiring manager. The in person interview was about at half hour.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience in food industry, why I wanted this role and a few situational questions.   Answer Question

Senior Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sysco Canada (Toronto, ON) in May-2013.

Interview

Phone screened by a bubbly girl who did not seem to know much about the position and seemed to be reading from script. Called in next day for interview. I was HIred following. Phone screen was easy basic questions - in person was 'behaviourally based' (tell me about a time). I had some examples ready so it was easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had competing demands and how you dealt
      Tell me about a time you had a disgreement with a coworker
      Strength and weakness
      Self in 5 years

Pretty easy and basic. Just like sysco.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them my expectations and they gave me 2 grand more than asking...because cash is all they have with their broken culture.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thunder Bay, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sysco Canada (Thunder Bay, ON).

Interview

interview process normal, called brought in for interview, performed training, that's it

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was hourly wage

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco Canada (Winnipeg, MB) in May-2015.

Interview

They called me for an interview and asked a little about myself and what kind of job i used to have. Then after that they called me again to let me know that im gonna have another interview in a few days afterwards. Then I went to the facility to meet the manager for the interview.

Interview Questions

• If im able to work longer hours   1 Answer

Transportation Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moncton, NB

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sysco Canada (Moncton, NB) in April-2016.

Interview

Was conducted using both behavioral and situational interview practices. Was a good mix of both allowing you to easily transition from one question to another. Did not however focus on aptitudes/abilities outlined on the resume.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sysco Canada.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The initial communication was a bit informal. A friend suggested I apply for the opening and I didn't hear back from the recruiter until he shot me an email asking for an interview. I drove 3 hours to get to the interview.
    At the interview, there was a District Manager, and a recruiter. They asked plenty of moderate to hard questions about sales, customer service, and meeting objectives. This was not an interview for an entry level position. This was a much more strategic interview than I had previously gone to.
    Anyways, about an hour later, I was told a short list of candidates would be selected for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you worked really hard to satisfy a customer but didn't get a sale. How did it affects your sales skills, at the moment, and how did you compensate to make your next effort a successful close?   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanaimo, BC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sysco Canada (Nanaimo, BC) in October-2016.

Interview

They showed late. I called the recruiter in Vancouver who got someone there within 10 mins but wasn't the person that was supposed to be there. The interview was over in a heartbeat. i kinda felt they weren't upfront with what they're all about.... .which is fair enough i guess as I'm sure its pretty tough to fill door to door stuff.

Interview Questions

• are you comfortable with door to door sales   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.