Sutherland W@H Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Find jobs for W@H Customer Service Representative

Sutherland W@H Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Sutherland

1.9

W@H Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutherland.

Interview

I filled out a application, through indeed, which directed me to the company's website. Then they sent me a email a few days later. I then had to do a system check and virtual interview. The virtual interview was really easy. Very basic questions. I was asked the same questions at a similar job in the past.

Interview Questions

• I had to answer questions like: What would I do if my power went out, What would I do if I didn't immediately know how to solve a customers problem? What did I do to calm down an irate customer? And at what point in time did I have to sell something to a customer. All of my responses had to be recorded. Very simple, and I hope training will be okay. I will update to speak about that after it's over.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Sutherland

W@H Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly tedious. After sending in my initial online application, I received an email to call in and do a virtual interview. The next day I received an email from a recruiter asking to set up a date/time for a phone interview. After passing the phone interview, the recruiter then sent me an assessment and a site I had to navigate to in order to test my computer's abilities. I had to use Internet Explorer and adjust all of my ActiveX settings as I never use IE. The assessment mainly consisted of personality questions like, "My family and friends would describe me as: A. Friendly B. Consistent." The recruiter called me the next day and said that somehow my answers were inconsistent and had to go through another phone interview. I was also asked if I was okay with customers who can be verbally abusive. This was all very excessive for a measly $9/hr.
    I was told after the second phone interview that I should hear back by the end of that business day. Two weeks passed and I got an email from Sutherland Global Services from someone I'd never talked to that said, "Thank you for interviewing with me today!" and then listed details on the job like dates of training, the fact that they'd have to send me a bunch of equipment, and the pay grade. That email told me to keep an eye out for an acceptance letter which never came.

Interview Questions

• How can you ensure you would continue to work if there is a power outage?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • How many days out of the year do you think it is appropriate for someone to miss work? If we were to call your previous/current employer, how many days would they say you missed in that period of time?   Answer Question

W@H Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hempstead, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutherland (Hempstead, NY (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

I did the online assessment and virtual interview. I also joined the open house and the recruiters are available to chat with the applicants. I was phone interviewed this afternoon and the interview went well. I was so nervous because this is my first time to be interviewed after 10 years.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Lengthy process which wasn't to hard, the hardest part of the whole process was the skills test which takes a long time to complete close to 2 hours. After i completed everything it was just a matter of time waiting to get a response back on whether or not I got a offer.Which i did in the weeks to follow.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot a computer
      Also how would you handle an irate customer while trying to solve their issues over the phone and what troubleshooting steps you would take   Answer Question

W@H Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sutherland in January 2016.

Interview

All done online, from application to testing to 'training simulation'. They send you a stream of e-mails to sites to complete the tasks. Until you get to their 'are you willing to work for $9.00 an hour' question, they are all pretty standard, computer skill based questions. The messed up 'personality test', with no correct answers, the typing speed test, the internet speed test, pretty standard work from home interview process.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work for $9.00 an hour, and $8.50/hr training period.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sutherland (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied on line, employment application with personality test. Then sent a link to do a automated phone and on line typical employment interview. Received do not reply email confirmations. Received thank yous from a recruiter via email. Was contacted three months later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Based on the job you applied for, approximate thirty questions were on your skills and experiences of said position.   1 Answer
    • Personality test, random yes or no questions. Approximately fifty questions.   1 Answer

W@H Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sutherland (Columbus, OH (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was Very easy and smooth. I applied online and did a phone interview almost immediately. The skills assessment test was pretty much like the ones you see in other jobs-the ones where they ask questions about a scenario on the job. The only issue was that my internet did not meet the minimum requiremen.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an escalated customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sutherland (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It is a joke. They hire every warm body with a pulse that has an acceptable internet connection. I know, I tried to train them. All you need to do is apply online and then respond to the email you recieve. The screening phone call is more to verify that you are an actual person and then you will get your offer email and your training email. You need to complete your offer email by the 3rd day of training or you will be removed from that particular training class.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked from home before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland (Windsor, ON) in September 2012.

Interview

A brief phone interview in which we covered all the basics of the position I was applying for as well as the "name a time at work when...." questions along with the "what would you do?" questions. I do well at 95% of interviews so this was a breeze for me.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to handle an irate customer and what was the outcome of that situation.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.