Suncor Project Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Suncor Project Engineer Interview Questions

2.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB) in October-2014.

Interview

Character questions and body language i guess. Arrived earlier and was told to wait and at the end i got offered the job same day as my interviewer was impressed by my performance.
I was asked where i see myself in 5 years from now. I expected all questions as i prepared for it and asked around so nothing really took me unawares to be honest.

Interview Questions

• Where do u see yourselfnin 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes and was favourable

Other Interview Reviews for Suncor

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB) in October-2013.

Interview

First there was a phone interview and then in-person interview. On the phone, they asked what I my educational background was, my current work, and what my career goals were. After few questions, they asked me to come in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Over all the interview is pretty casual, but there were some technical questions. Please make sure that you have questions for your interviwee, they will know that you are interested. Most of the questions are behaviour related questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB) in April-2015.

Interview

Initial interview was by the HR via telephone. She later arranged a telephone interview with 2 technical Managers and the HR manager in attendance. The whole process lasted for about 49minutes

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself
      Previous Projects Handled and the budgets
      Use a project to describe the project management process
      Tell us your greatest challenges
      Why choose us
      Any questions for us   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB) in May-2014.

Interview

Interview schedule times were very strict, it was a bad time for me, but HR rep said she couldn't move it, so I rearranged my schedule to be there. Manager who was interested in me wasn't available for this set time; so individuals interviewing me wouldn't be working with me. One of them didn't know what position I had applied for, I had to explain it to him in the interview.

Fairly standard interview. Met with two interviewers... in a very small room. Neither of them gave me a card, and both had very difficult names to pronounce, this added a challenge. Reviewers were more excited that I had used Power Point than the fact that I could do data analysis with Excel and Matlab.

Questions on behavior, intentions, experience with various software packages.
    How would I rate myself of X software? (almost all Microsoft Office)
    What would I do if someone outside my department asked for help on a major project?
    What is a time I succeeded getting a project to work?
    Why am I interested in this position? (I answered I wanted to learn things, and I was told there was very little opportunity for that in this job)

I felt the interviewers were very disorganized, and because neither of them would actually be working with me, they couldn't really tell me much about what I would be doing: "delivering deliverables" was the response I received. One of the interviewers would regularly ask questions that weren't on the list, this would throw off the other interviewer, and none of those questions were really beneficial to the process.

I was offered a position the next week, but they wanted me to start 6 months later than what the position I had applied for started at. This would require me to split my final school year in half. I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• When did I receive negative feedback from a supervisor? What would I do differently?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Suncor in June-2014.

Interview

I applied online through Suncor's jobsite as well as our school's internal network. I received a call from the HR department to arrange an interview and to go through some adminstration question. Since I was in a different city, the interview with my supervisor was conducted via the phone. I received the offer in the next day from the HR department.