Suncor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 12 Feb, 2018

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor in November-2016.

Interview

Received an email approximately 1 month after applying via the website. Had 2 days to complete the digital interview. Contacted 2 weeks later by phone to schedule an in-person interview. Received an email 2 weeks later for a request to complete a background check (took over a week to complete). Received a phone call offer.

Interview Questions

• Go over your resume followed by behavioral based questions.   1 Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Suncor (Denver, CO (US)) in August-2017.

Interview

I had 3 phone / video interviews over a 2 month period and was told the onsite interview (last step) was a formality and an offer would be given if the interview went well. I took 3 days off from my current job to travel to Denver only to find out the onsite interview was really not the final piece of the process. The hiring manager still needed to to get clearance to make an offer. I ultimately withdrew from consideration. Very disorganized company with no regard or respect for others who are currently working. Would never consider this employer again.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Beware of intern scam. Never hand out your info if you are uncomfortable. I found job on internships.com they will promise you wonderful pay and great hours. But really think on what they are promising. If you are just starting out do you really think you are going to make $25 an hour?

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Commerce City, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Suncor (Commerce City, CO (US)).

Interview

I received an email that I needed to do a recorded online video interview. Followed by in person interview. Was then asked to do a hair follicle test, background check and two physicals. Had no issues with the interview process at all.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process was a three step process. This included interviews with the supervisor, personnel from the business unit for support as well as the SCM manager. After interviewing, I was contacted a few days later and presented with an offer letter. The offer letter was contingent upon my passing a drug test.

Interview Questions

• If you and your boss had a disagreement about how to do or implement something, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time, I did not feel as though I should negotiate given they had other candidates willing to accept the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

All hiring was done through the career website portal, however, there were contacts within the company that were avaliable to help (especially to get resumes to them close to the interview process. Interviewers were very nice (panel of 3) and came to our school to interview. The interview started with them talking about themselves, which was interesting, and was relatively informal to start. Questions began with general ones related to resume and moved to others related to the culture of the workplace (these really showed the focus of the company).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince someone to do something without relying on a position of power (i.e. as a supervisor), including how you did it and what the result was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very supporting HR who tried to accomodate as much as possible.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

Full day of interviews with multiple people from various disciplines.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Inflexible.

Co-Op Student Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

I completed the pre-recorded video interview which took about 20 minutes online. They asked some general questions such as school, location currently living in, major, graduation date. The interview then progressed to behavioural questions such as tell me about a time when, what are your favourite and least favourite courses, and what do you know about Suncor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to show time management skills   Answer Question

Engineering Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB).

Interview

I got contacted a few days after applying to do a video interview. 12 basic questions. Around 4 questions where you had to actually record yourself and the rest were multiple choice.

Electrical Coop Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

I applied for Electrical Coop Student for Suncor Energy in Calgary. (January, 2018)
    After two hours of my application, I received an online Digital Hirevue Interview.
    The digital Interview has 11 questions in total where 5 questions asked to write your skills, availability, address.
    Good luck with the further process.

I just wanted to share the questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your major and why did you choose it?   Answer Question
    • What is your previous work experience and what are your biggest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • Out of all the courses which one is your favourite class and your least favourite class?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Suncor and how will working in Suncor help you in your career growth?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Suncor in January-2018.

Interview

Called for an online video screening and aptitude test 2 weeks after applying online. 2 weeks after I was called for a online video interview. 3 weeks later I was asked for info for a background check and then an offer was received 1 week later pending d&a screen and medical. 8 week process but very in depth and professional