Suncor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 18 May, 2018

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor in November-2016.

Interview

Received an email approximately 1 month after applying via the website. Had 2 days to complete the digital interview. Contacted 2 weeks later by phone to schedule an in-person interview. Received an email 2 weeks later for a request to complete a background check (took over a week to complete). Received a phone call offer.

Interview Questions

• Go over your resume followed by behavioral based questions.   2 Answers

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Suncor (Denver, CO (US)) in August-2017.

Interview

I had 3 phone / video interviews over a 2 month period and was told the onsite interview (last step) was a formality and an offer would be given if the interview went well. I took 3 days off from my current job to travel to Denver only to find out the onsite interview was really not the final piece of the process. The hiring manager still needed to to get clearance to make an offer. I ultimately withdrew from consideration. Very disorganized company with no regard or respect for others who are currently working. Would never consider this employer again.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Beware of intern scam. Never hand out your info if you are uncomfortable. I found job on internships.com they will promise you wonderful pay and great hours. But really think on what they are promising. If you are just starting out do you really think you are going to make $25 an hour?

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Commerce City, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Suncor (Commerce City, CO (US)).

Interview

I received an email that I needed to do a recorded online video interview. Followed by in person interview. Was then asked to do a hair follicle test, background check and two physicals. Had no issues with the interview process at all.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process was a three step process. This included interviews with the supervisor, personnel from the business unit for support as well as the SCM manager. After interviewing, I was contacted a few days later and presented with an offer letter. The offer letter was contingent upon my passing a drug test.

Interview Questions

• If you and your boss had a disagreement about how to do or implement something, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time, I did not feel as though I should negotiate given they had other candidates willing to accept the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

All hiring was done through the career website portal, however, there were contacts within the company that were avaliable to help (especially to get resumes to them close to the interview process. Interviewers were very nice (panel of 3) and came to our school to interview. The interview started with them talking about themselves, which was interesting, and was relatively informal to start. Questions began with general ones related to resume and moved to others related to the culture of the workplace (these really showed the focus of the company).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince someone to do something without relying on a position of power (i.e. as a supervisor), including how you did it and what the result was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very supporting HR who tried to accomodate as much as possible.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

Full day of interviews with multiple people from various disciplines.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Inflexible.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

I went through the interview process on both sides as the interviewer and interviewee. The process is highly standardized. Essentially a test of competency, credentials and cultural fit. Suncor takes a loong time to get back to interviewees too. Nothing to stress too much about though overall

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to adopt a safety mindset   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume online, and then did an online video interview after around 1 month. After 2 months, received final decision. Questions in the interview are all basic questions, it also includes some writing parts, basically rewrite your resume again.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Suncor (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Went through a digital interview where you answer questions that pop up on the screen meanwhile you're being recorded. Zero human interaction... I can only see certain personalities that love speaking about themselves get thru this

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB).

Interview

It was one of the least stressful interviews I've had. Made me feel comfortable and relaxed. Interviewers were laid back and casual. Asked behavioural questions about conflict, customer service, why suncor, chatted about the roles and responsibilities