Suncor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 8 Aug, 2018

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor in November-2016.

Interview

Received an email approximately 1 month after applying via the website. Had 2 days to complete the digital interview. Contacted 2 weeks later by phone to schedule an in-person interview. Received an email 2 weeks later for a request to complete a background check (took over a week to complete). Received a phone call offer.

Interview Questions

• Go over your resume followed by behavioral based questions.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

All hiring was done through the career website portal, however, there were contacts within the company that were avaliable to help (especially to get resumes to them close to the interview process. Interviewers were very nice (panel of 3) and came to our school to interview. The interview started with them talking about themselves, which was interesting, and was relatively informal to start. Questions began with general ones related to resume and moved to others related to the culture of the workplace (these really showed the focus of the company).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince someone to do something without relying on a position of power (i.e. as a supervisor), including how you did it and what the result was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very supporting HR who tried to accomodate as much as possible.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

Full day of interviews with multiple people from various disciplines.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Inflexible.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Beware of intern scam. Never hand out your info if you are uncomfortable. I found job on internships.com they will promise you wonderful pay and great hours. But really think on what they are promising. If you are just starting out do you really think you are going to make $25 an hour?

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Suncor (Denver, CO (US)) in August-2017.

Interview

I had 3 phone / video interviews over a 2 month period and was told the onsite interview (last step) was a formality and an offer would be given if the interview went well. I took 3 days off from my current job to travel to Denver only to find out the onsite interview was really not the final piece of the process. The hiring manager still needed to to get clearance to make an offer. I ultimately withdrew from consideration. Very disorganized company with no regard or respect for others who are currently working. Would never consider this employer again.

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Commerce City, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Suncor (Commerce City, CO (US)).

Interview

I received an email that I needed to do a recorded online video interview. Followed by in person interview. Was then asked to do a hair follicle test, background check and two physicals. Had no issues with the interview process at all.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process was a three step process. This included interviews with the supervisor, personnel from the business unit for support as well as the SCM manager. After interviewing, I was contacted a few days later and presented with an offer letter. The offer letter was contingent upon my passing a drug test.

Interview Questions

• If you and your boss had a disagreement about how to do or implement something, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time, I did not feel as though I should negotiate given they had other candidates willing to accept the position.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

Digital interview process - completed on the computer about a week ago. It was a little nerve wrecking but not so bad at the end! I didn’t mind it. They basically asked the HR questions there. I had 11 questions total. 5 were video answering questions. More job specific questions than HR.

Planning Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort McMurray, AB

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Suncor (Fort McMurray, AB) in April-2011.

Interview

Phone interview then site face to face.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I turned down the first offer and they increased it by 10%

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Suncor in October-2016.

Interview

Pretty generic; only one hour in person to meet and make an impression. Reviewed resume, asked behavioural questions and time at the end to ask questions. Would have like to have a site tour before accepting the offer as I have never been there before.