Sun Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Sun Life

2.6

Conseiller En Securité Financiere Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherbrooke, QC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sun Life (Sherbrooke, QC) in January 2018.

Interview

Premièrement j'ai fais un test de personnalité et de gestion de carrière. Suite à mon résultat j'ai eu une rencontre avec le directeur de la succursale. J'ai aussi une rencontre très enrichissante avec le directeur régional.

Interview Questions

• Qu'est-ce qui vous attire dans ce métier?   1 Answer

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I got a request for a screening phone call then was quickly set up with an in-person interview. The "interview" lasted a half day and consisted of two 2-on-1 interviews, a test case, and lunch. The interviews themselves were very conversational while covering all the work/experience bases (no frustrating STAR line of questioning). Plenty of time for questions from both sides with each interview scheduled for an hour. For the test case, I went over a case's claims experience, answered some provided questions, and came to my own calculations. The second set of interviewers came back in so I could walk then through my process and give my take on the case, after which they treated me to lunch. I received an offer the following week.

Sales Interview

Interview

Seemless process that involved multiple managers. Both one on one and two on one after completing an initial phone screening. Every person involved in the process was helpful, insightful, and responsive.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Life in January 2019.

Interview

one phone screen followed by onsite . I met with 6 people in total, both onsite & remote combined. Very nice people and standard questions about resume and the role.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my work exp and also two improving product related questions. Very much centered around how to manage product, prioritization and   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA (US)).

Interview

Quick as it seems sales positions need to be filled right away. I met with HR and then the Director of sales. The questions focused on job history and track record in the roles. Insurance sales and account management skills are a plus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview

Internal recruiter was excellent and on top of everything. I had several phone calls and two in-person interviews. All well organized. Everyone I talked to was very pleasant and helpful.
    The interview questions were straightforward and conversational. You were made to feel at ease and your time was valued. I can’t say enough good things about the internal recruiter, he was awesome.

RLDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA (US)).

Interview

1st round was digital with easier behavioral questions (when did you go above and beyond for a team) second round was with one HR and one person on the team. Still quite behavioral and they wanted to know about my experience and coding experience. 3rd interview started with a networking event where you should ask questions about the culture and company and involved a technical and behavioral interview. Be on your toes for technical. They want to see you work through the question and ask them questions. I struggled but still figured out the answer by asking questions

Actuarial Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Most all the questions were behavioral. Be prepared to go into your resumee in detail as they will ask you about past internships and projects. I had two phone interviews one day after the other and heard back from them within 4 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to approach a familiar problem differently.   Answer Question

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sun Life (Kansas City, MO (US)).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter took about 15 minutes. Received email to setup in person interview the following day. In person interview lasted about an hour. A manager and assistant director conducted the interview and were somewhat informative about the role. Asst director informed me that a decision would be made within two weeks. No follow up from HR 3+ weeks later.

Actuarial Interview

Interview

Brief and easy going. My interviewer was super nice and we had a great conversation! They responded very quickly. It was all done through my campus recruiting so I had an in person interview and no phone interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.