Sun Life Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 591 of over 591 interviews

Employee Referral9%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Sun Life

Application

I interviewed at Sun Life

Interview

There were 3 rounds 1. Telephonic 2. Video conferencing 3. Online aptitude and behavioral test Last round was quite challenging there are 25 questions of aptitude and you need to solve it within 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Q. Introduction Q. Role Q. Company Q. Ready for work from office
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sun Life (Toronto, ON)

Interview

Interviewed by the director and an associate actuary for an entry level position. The whole 30 minute interview (which ended up being ~45 mins) was technical questions. I think they threw in a couple of behavioural questions at the end just because. Personally I felt that the interview went pretty well, I thought I answered most of the questions right even though I felt so much pressure because of the sheer amount of technical questions. I even got a good vibe from the interviews and I thought for sure I would move to the next round. But then I was ghosted for 3 weeks. I was finally contacted by HR saying they weren't moving forward with my candidacy (go figures) and that I should provide my availability so they can call me and give me any feedback they might have. I did reply with my availability but I never heard back after that. I would have loved some feedback as I felt strongly about the interview even though it was unnecessarily difficult for an entry level (new grad) position.

Interview Questions
  • yield curves, interest rates, mechanics of certain types of insurance products, questions about reserves, assumptions etc.

What people are saying about Sun Life

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Sun Life

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sun Life

Interview

It was an easy going process. I talked to two different interviewers in the span of an hour. Asked a lot of hypothetical questions, each trying to focus on different skill sets. And then asked questions regarding my resume.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sun Life

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Life

Interview

You will have to take a personality assessment, an IQ quiz, the first interview is 15 mins on the phone, the second interview 30 mins on Zoom with three managers.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer (customer service)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Toronto, ON)

Interview

First round with the recruiter was great and he was responsive with setting up the next round. Was told that the interview process would only consist of the interview with the recruiter and the interview with the hiring manager. The interview with the hiring manager also went well but she told me there would be another interview with her boss. Told me she would get back to me within a week. No response. I reached out to the recruiter again for next steps and was ignored.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ho Chi Minh City

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Life (Ho Chi Minh City) in Oct 2021

Interview

3 rounds Hr>CMO>CEO HR round: Hr person do not open up about the role and introduce about company, they maximise the 1st round time to gain info about candidate only, which does not give good impression at all When asked about the number of staff and their seniority, HR answer reluctantly HR go defensive when candidate talk about team management principle. They are dying for attention, it seems. Does not seem like a great company

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Kuala Lumpur) in Oct 2021

Interview

There are 3 interviewers from the head of pricing and valuation departments. The interviewer are friendly and more like a chit-chat session. Heavily tested on technical knowledge. Interview begin with introduction and your past experiences.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have any experience using excel? Your weakness and strength.

Sun Life

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Life

Interview

Three stage of interview Hiring manager , HR staff and department head Questions are around career aspiration with some technical questions. But those technical questions are related to JD so get prepared in advance should be good . Some task prioritising and management questions though not the main portion. Overall the experience is a nice one

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sun Life

Application

I interviewed at Sun Life

Interview

Was a really good experience. There were 3 rounds starting with a basic introduction interview which was conducted by aston carter then an assessment test and finally the Manager Interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sun Life

Application

I interviewed at Sun Life

Interview

Interviewer was very nice and it felt more like a conversation than an interview. Asked about skills, experiences and stuff (what have you done etc mostly stuff right from my resume) but nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 591 Interviews