Sun Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Sun Life

2.6

Conseiller En Securité Financiere Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherbrooke, QC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sun Life (Sherbrooke, QC) in January 2018.

Interview

Premièrement j'ai fais un test de personnalité et de gestion de carrière. Suite à mon résultat j'ai eu une rencontre avec le directeur de la succursale. J'ai aussi une rencontre très enrichissante avec le directeur régional.

Interview Questions

• Qu'est-ce qui vous attire dans ce métier?   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Long process, disorganized HR department, showed lack of communication between HR and Hiring managers. Managers asked basic, easy questions. Not overly difficult. Not all parties were available, so had to go over 2 days
    interviewers seemed unprepared, underqualified.
    asked beginner level questions for company of this size.

Interview Questions

• what is a weakness of yours   1 Answer

Negotiation

did not know enough to negotiate

Associate Director Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley Hls, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley Hls, MA (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

One phone screen with HR recruiter followed by an on-site interview. On-site interview consisted of a case study that required me to outline the business problem and present a functional and technical solution to a panel of interviewers. One my presentation was complete, the panel asked me a series of typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• The case study was the most difficult. Only 45 minutes to lay out a solution and determine how best to present it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

In this market, there was not much room for negotiation. That said, the package they offered was generous so I didn't feel much of a need to push back.

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

The HR representative was friendly, informative and welcoming. She interviewed me briefly before setting up the interview in the specific department. The department head had several questions pertaining to time management, ways of approaching work, strengths and weaknesses, and areas of growth . The traits required for the position were provided.

VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION CONSULTANT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume online, I believe through LinkedIn. Was contacted by phone within a couple of days for an initial screening. Was scheduled for a phone interview later that week and the phone call was about 30 minutes. Very pleasant supervisor that asked typical behavioral questions. It is definitely important to discuss how your current experience relates to them. She said they would start making calls back within two weeks, but I never heard from her again even after sending a follow up note.

Overall decent experience. They definitely try to filter people out right away, making it very clear what their needs are.

Interview Questions

• Here is a situation that just happened, what is your reaction? ( I left out the details for privacy).   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Framingham, MA (US)).

Interview

HR and Hiring Managers helped to make you feel comfortable. Shared alot of information on the company and the position. Company does not pay all that well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the position, but the requisition was ultimately pulled

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview

Interviewed through college campus recruiting. Was surprised at the questions just because none were too specific about strengths and weaknesses, everything was very broad based. Asked a lot about school activities and less about job experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked about school activities and my major specifically, more than just why chose the major   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley Hills, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley Hills, MA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

Entirely fit questions. Was referred to SLF through a friend and was pleasantly surprised by the application process. The typical "walk me through your résumé" questions were there, with certain more pointed questions about past experiences. No technical questions of which to speak

Interview Questions

Interview

Interview process was pretty straight forward. Basic questions about experience, how to manager your day, how would you handle different situations, strengths and weaknesses. Why are you the best candidate, why should we hire you. etc. How would you manager your team, how would you react to these different situations?

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. I guess the one to differentiate yourself from others is always tricky.   Answer Question

Internal Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Life (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

awful. too many people to interview with. some were clueless. never applying there again. I wouldn't spend your time as even the people interviewing me were talking bad about other departments and other people in the company.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.