Cover image for Sun Life

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Sun Life Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 688 of over 688 interviews

Employee Referral9%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Sun Life

Application

I interviewed at Sun Life

Interview

Okay interview process didn’t get sent back a email after talking to the HR recruiter.. very disrespectful when the job is severely underpaid for the industry.. like 10k in difference severe..

Interview Questions
  • Same generic HR robotic questions
    1 Answer

Sun Life

Application

I interviewed at Sun Life

Interview

Weird arrangement, called me for interview, done with it, then invited me to interview for the same post via JobBoard few days later, felt like nothing have ever happened. As expected, only a waste of time for so-called interviews

Interview Questions
  • Normal questions but seems the interview process will go forever and no results, meanwhile, the company keep hiring for same posts

What people are saying about Sun Life

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Sun Life? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Sun Life employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Sun Life

Application

I interviewed at Sun Life

Interview

An initial Virtual interview was arranged with the associate for the position of Financial Assistant for the Investment arm of Sunlife. This was suppose to be followed by another interview but there was no further communication from the associate regarding the process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sun Life

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter was very straight forward. Simple questions regarding experience, education, what you’re looking for in next role. I found the conversation very pleasant and felt it was more of a “get to know me” than a structured, formal interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had a conflict at work, and how did you resolve it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Toronto, ON) in Jan 2023

Interview

No interview. I received rejected email two weeks later. I doubt the main reason is they filtered by experience only. Quite disappointed. I think at least HR should call me for further understanding about me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I interviewed at Sun Life (Toronto, ON) in Jan 2023

Interview

Human resource person contact first - first round of interview. Then, second round of interview is with the hiring manager plus one other person. Questions are mostly around past experiences. Some techinical questions. Hiring manager was not very familiar with video interviews - lack proper eye contact etc.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sun Life

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Life in Jan 2023

Interview

I found the interview process to be good and thorough, and not intimidating. HR is friendly. It is done vitually via video. Be prepared to talk about your work experience and provide scenarios.

Interview Questions
  • How you have assisted a customer.

Sun Life

Application

I interviewed at Sun Life

Interview

very confusing and contradicting to what the position stated. they basically said they will be taking all your money but you will not be classified as an employee. I think they should make it Clear in the job posting that your not a advisor with the company you are more of a canvasser outside of the company.

1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun Life (New York, NY) in Dec 2022

Interview

Basic info about company. Answered questions about position. Discovered this job does not pay for training and only pays commission. It does not compensate for travel. The company has only been in business for 4 years. The interviewer did not know the words “cold call” or “canvassing” even though that is what you would be doing.

Interview Questions
  • What would you like to know about the company?

Sun Life

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Life

Interview

one interview with hr one interview with manager friendly people going to do an in person interview soon. one hundred percent commision position hard to tell how it goes yeah.

Interview Questions
  • How you hear about this position.
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 688 Interviews

Sun Life Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Sun Life as 57.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.64 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Disability Case Manager and Advisor rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Project Manager and Financial Advisor roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Sun Life takes an average of 26 days when considering 425 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Business Analyst had the quickest hiring process (on average 9 days), whereas Advisor roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 36 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Sun Life according to 425 Glassdoor interviews include:

One-on-One Interview: 25.09%