Stripe Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Stripe Interview Questions

Interviews at Stripe

Product Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Stripe.

Interview

Hiring manager reached out to me on LinkedIn through a mutual connection. I had a phone chat with her, the recruiter, a take-home exercise, then a final round of video interviews spread out across two days. Questions were largely behavioral and everyone was nice to chat with. I heard back within about a week, and communication with Recruiting was always prompt.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped get a feature prioritized.   1 Answer

Finance and Strategy Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stripe.

Interview

screening interview was short and easy. then there's a tedious case study which I was asked to solve in a week and deliver a written memo. I received an auto-generated rejection email and no feedback

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I would caution anyone going through their hiring process to beware that the take-home project is quite time-consuming while feedback is sparse to non-existent. The review was a total joke as the other guy was just listening and did not appear to have read the paper. Like others, my feeling was that it was a good way for Stripe to fish for industry knowledge.

They really need to rethink their recruiting process if they want to build any trust for candidates.

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe in May 2020.

Interview

Completely remote interview process, due to COVID-19 shelter in place orders. From start to finish, the process lasted 6 weeks.

1. Recruiting call to understand the role(s), understand my background. (Week 1)
    2. VC with product design manager, talking through background and a specific portfolio project. (Week 2)
    3. VC with product designer to work through a collaborative exercise. (Week 3)
    4. Prep for final round with design exercise, the expectation being 4 hours of time spent with about 10 minutes of the last piece of the presentation devoted to this work. I spent about 1.5 hours on the "designs", and 2.5 on building the presentation aspect. I felt it was reasonable given the prompt.
    5. Final round: portfolio presentation (1 hour), followed by a series of 5 1:1 or 2:1 sessions with designers and PM. One of those was an informal "coffee chat" with two designers, where the focus was to provide space for me to ask questions. (Week 4)
    6. References (Week 5)
    7. Offer (Week 6)

Interview Questions

• What is an area that you are currently working on in order to grow or improve?   2 Answers

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

First round extensive phone screen where recruiter really drills down stripe + culture fit

2nd round sql interview

3rd round project which was a little confusing

Final round interview consisting of a few case study/problem walkthrough questions related to stripe, a few sql exercises, product questions, behavioral questions. Interviews with mostly data science/analysis people. The interview with the Eng Manager on the Corporate Card team was tough, and I didn't really understand his questions or what he was looking for -- BS won't fly there.

Communication was slow at some points due to COVID, but the recruiter and people all seemed extremely exciting. I was very disappointed to not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• sql, product questions, understand stripe product, data analysis, case studies   1 Answer

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe in April 2020.

Interview

Overall the interview process was OK. It was pretty standard, but the recruiter and person I spoke with were VERY transactional. Most interviewers are conversational and move through questions smoothly versus cutting straight towards the next question.

After the 45-min phone interview, I was sent a written assignment packet and met all criteria they were looking for: be detailed, match tone, etc. Like many others, I was rejected a week after submitting my responses. I didn't ask for feedback, since others on Glassdoor mentioned they were given a curt response upon asking or received none at all. Because of this transactional approach, and lack of interest in the candidate's experience after answering each question, it leads me to believe Stripe may not be actually hiring, but rather finding a way to give people in the company some interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you’ve done something for the first time without any prior experience.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you were on the receiving end of bad support. How would you handle it as the head of the organization?   1 Answer
    • If we wanted to get creative and think outside the box to get a temp on how users feel about Stripe, what would your approach be?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe.

Interview

The first 3 steps were:

- recruiter call
    - pair programming
    - more pair programming

The pair programming questions are essentially styled after topcoder / cracking the coding interview. Spend a few months training on those things before applying to Stripe.

Interview Questions

• What some code to solve some arbitrary business logic problem   2 Answers

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Interview

Interview process described one way by one recruiter and then differently by another. I found out format and interview sessions were very different a few minutes before the "mini on-site" interview as I learned while setting up the VC.

Ultimately got a no within 24 hours after mini on-site and recruiter wouldn't any feedback when I asked. This is not surprising nor uncommon, as many companies don't share feedback after a rejection, however it was particularly frustrating given that another recruiter initially emphasized that "I wasn't interviewing for a team, but for Stripe as a company" and the recruiter's only feedback at the end was that they were optimizing heavily for this particular role.

However, not a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Typical leadership questions   1 Answer

Tech Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe in March 2020.

Interview

I initially received a call from Recruiter. He explained the process and very thorough in explaining the process.

Rounds :-
    Phone telephonic
    Onsite interview (due to covid-19, its remote video conferencing)

Through out the process the recruiters are really helpful.

Interview Questions

• Overall its not too hard but i guess they expect full working code with all the test cases being tested with in stipulated time. I guess even if we don't get time to verify for few test cases, they may treat it as rejection.

Telephonic :- Two phase problems, its to retrieve objects in a list based for a given field. Next phase is to give by multiple fields with some priority.

Onsite :- API rate limit, Bug finding, API requests replay. Make sure you have a way to download open source projects and run them. Unfortunately, i had some maven issues in my laptop, it screwed two of my rounds. it caused lot of churn.   1 Answer

Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

30m phone screen. 1h tech skill screen share coding through a problem via Zoom.

Then silence. Was promised a response within 48 hours. Tried following up for update and no reply. Heard word elsewhere there’s a hiring freeze due to Coronavirus. Don’t fault Stripe—would still reapply after the freeze is lifted. But I think the recruiter could have been more professional and informed of the freeze halting the process.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of maps/dicts, write a function that returns the map holding the lowest value for a supplied key arg.   1 Answer
    • Modify the prior function to accept a list of keys, and return the map with the lowest value for the first found key in the list of keys   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.