Street Capital Bank of Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Street Capital Bank of Canada

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Street Capital Bank of Canada (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Very informal, they don't really ask much about your job experience. It's just 2 people in a room asking you a bunch of random questions. Once you get the interview you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? And what will you bring to the table? Also tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Street Capital Bank of Canada.

Interview

phone interview : 45 mins, very causal, asked for examples of past underwriting experience. key is handling compliance/audit. No 2nd interview, got hired the next day. took a week to receive offer.

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Street Capital Bank of Canada (Toronto, ON) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied in response to a LinkedIn job posting. The receptionist reached out to me about almost a month later asking to schedule and interview with the VP of Finance. She gave me 3 time slot options on different days without any flexibility. I met with the VP of Finance and the Corporate controller. To my knowledge, the interview went really well and they informed me they would be in touch within a few weeks as they were interviewing more candidates. To my surprise, the CFO sent me an invitation the next working day to schedule to meet the next week and I accepted. The CFO canceled the meeting within a few hours providing “ the day was no longer suitable to meet” as the reason and she needed to reschedule.

That was the last time I heard from Street Capital. A few weeks later I noticed the position had been reposted on LinkedIn.

Interview Questions

Street Capital Bank of Canada Response

Jun. 11, 2018 – Street Capital Representative

Thank you for reaching out and providing feedback on our interview process. We’re sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. We aim to provide a consistent recruitment process for all candidates and will ensure that your feedback is addressed. If you have any questions or would like to speak to a representative, please email careers@streetcapital.ca and we would be happy to discuss further.

Senior Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Street Capital Bank of Canada (Vancouver, BC).

Interview

The process was very informal, which could have been because it's a small industry in Vancouver and I'm already known.
    Other than personal knowledge of my work experience, I'm not sure my resume was even reviewed as the interviewer did not seem to know what it contained, ie: 20yrs experience in the industry.
    I was offered a Sr. Underwriter position on the spot and started within a week.

Interview Questions

• As I said, it was very informal. More like a chit-chat.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered one salary, requested higher and we met in the middle.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.