Starbucks Starbucks-Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

1,197 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,197 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Entretien basé sur la personnalité avec une grille de questions préétablies. Ainsi que des questions de mise en situations afin de savoir comment on réagirait face à ce type de situation

Interview Questions

• Dans votre quotidien comment démontrez vous votre générosité   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Entretien Classique avec les questions de bases qui peuvent être posé
    Sans pression autour d’une boisson

Présentation de la boutique
    Des horaires
    Des attentes du responsable
    Des perspectives possible d’évolution

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sint-Pieters-Woluwe, Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Sint-Pieters-Woluwe, Brussels (Belgium)) in April-2018.

Interview

C'était un speed job-dating, il y avait donc pas mal de monde, on a pas du attendre longtemps car vu que les entretiens se faisaient dans le café même et il y avait plusieurs personnes à faire passer les entretiens. Les baristas présents étaient très sympas et nous faisaient passer le temps !

Les personnes faisant passer l'entretien étaient elles aussi sympathiques ! :)

Interview Questions

• Bonjour, donc commencez par vous présenter.   1 Answer
    • Quelles sont vos disponibilités ?   1 Answer
    • Souhaiteriez-vous travailler dans un autre Starbucks quand un poste y sera vacant ?   1 Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Paris (France)) in May-2018.

Interview

Dépôt de candidature en ligne (vivement conseillé car tout les starbucks de la région ont accès à votre candidature)
    1 premier rendez vous avec un superviseur, passé la présélection, deuxième entretien avec le gérant du starbucks.

Interview Questions

• Pourquoi avoir choisi Starbucks?   1 Answer

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Nashville, TN (US)) in September-2009.

Interview

I applied as a walk-in to a local Starbucks - submitted my application - and was called by the Store Manager for an interview the very next day. After my first one on one interview with a Store Manager, I was called back for a second one on one interview, with an additional Store Manager (of another store). Within the week - I was called back - to be informed that I was hired. I will be starting with them right away.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most recent time that I was late to work: what I did to help the situation, and what I learned from it?   Answer Question
    • What would my best friend say is their favorite, AND least favorite thing about me?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my starting date. As I am marrying and relocating - they were extremely supportive and flexible with me as to starting after my honeymoon. I was impressed with this level of corporate flexibility.

Starbucks-Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April-2010.

Interview

I went to a Starbucks and asked if they were hiring. I then filled out an application and attached my resume along with it. A few days later I received a call from the manager and set up an interview date. Following just basic questions about my experience and job related activities, the interview wasn't bad at all. However I was informed that I didn't get the job, but it's ok i'm just glad that I tried.

Starbucks-Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Bruno, CA (US)) in August-2010.

Interview

Ever since Starbucks set up an online application system, the hiring process was a lot smoother. I applied years before when they were taking paper applications, and I'm sure it was a lot less efficient. Anyway, I received a call several days after applying online. The online system lets you select several preferred locations, so this location had openings.

The 1:1 interview was pretty straightforward. Mostly asked questions about your customer service skills, ethics, how quickly you learn, etc. I know this location was looking for baristas that can provide excellent customer service and that was the priority. Scheduling came secondary to that. I was offered the job on the spot and asked when I could start.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Everyone starts at the same base pay - $9/hour.

Starbucks-Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fort Wayne, IN (US)) in August-2010.

Interview

Basic interview with questions concerning strengths and weaknesses and why I wanted the job. There were some situational questions that dealt with customer service. Overall, it was a fairly basic interview that lasted about a half hour followed by a phone call to accept the position. It was a neutral experience.

Starbucks-Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA (US)

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Pasadena, CA (US)) in September-2011.

Interview

I applied online to 5 separate locations. I followed up for weeks before I finally got an interview at one of the locations. When I came in for my interview, they gave me a free drink before we got started. I just had the interview with the manager inside the store at one of the tables. The interview was about 30 minutes long. The interview consisted of situational questions. I was able to answer some of the questions very well, but unfortunately some of my other answers were mediocre. The manager told me I would hear back from them in a couple days for a decision. I didn't hear anything back from them. I followed up for 2 weeks and then they told me they filled the position already.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here at Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a positive experience with a customer?   Answer Question
    • How did you responds to a negative experience with a customer?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you over other candidates for this position?   Answer Question

Starbucks-Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Oakland, CA (US)) in August-2011.

Interview

Interview went smoothly at first. However, it got more and more awkward. Was told that I was gonna get a call within the next few days to have another interview with other store managers around the area. Never got the call, never happened.
    Go prepared. Learn about their values as a company, and be bubbly and positive. Smile. Also, have a resume with you.

Interview Questions

• What has been the worst customer service you have received?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.