Starbucks Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Starbucks Interview Questions

Updated 12 Dec, 2017
4,054 Interview Reviews

Experience

Experience
76%
16%
8%

Getting an Interview

Getting an Interview
65%
20%
8%
3
3
1
0

Difficulty

2.3
Average

Difficulty

Hard
Average
Easy

Candidate Interview Reviews

Filter

Sort: PopularDateDifficulty

Filter

Sort: PopularDateDifficulty
  1.  

    Barista Interview

    Anonymous Employee in Nantes (France)
    Accepted Offer
    Neutral Experience
    Easy Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Nantes (France)) in September-2016.

    Interview

    J'ai postulé en ligne, j'ai reçu un appel dans les 2 jours qui ont suivi du gérant, l'entretien physique a eu lieu quelques jours après dans un des salon Starbucks avec le patron. Il y avait d'autres personnes qui patientaient également, le patron enchainait les entretiens

    Interview Questions


  2. Helpful (3)  

    Barista Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Villefranche-sur-Saône (France)
    No Offer
    Neutral Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Villefranche-sur-Saône (France)) in October-2015.

    Interview

    L'entretien a eu lieu dans un hotel une dizaine de personne attendait et on attendait d'être appeler pour l'entretien le rdv était fixé à 9h et on nous avait demandé de prévoir la journée jusqu'à 17h30 mais en faite il n'y avait rien d'autre qu'un simple entretien personnel on passait un par un l'attente était donc très longue car tout le monde s'attendait à une reunion groupé avant les entretien

    Interview Questions

    • Pourquoi vous plutôt qu'un autre?   1 Answer

  3.  

    Barsita Interview

    Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Easy Interview

    Application

    I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Paris (France)) in June-2015.

    Interview

    candidature -> rappel téléphonique -> entretien classic ( présentation , envie , disponibilités )
    Suite à ca présentation du salon et dégustation d'un produit
    Rappel dans les jours à venir , 2 jours de formation au siege et après apprentissage du poste avec un partenaire

    Interview Questions


  4. Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review


  5.  

    District Manager Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC
    Declined Offer
    Negative Experience
    Easy Interview

    Application

    I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Montreal, QC) in March-2015.

    Interview

    il existe un guide d'entrevue qu'il est possible d'obtenir si l'on possède des contacts dans l'entreprise.
    Ce sont des questions de type comportemental et situationnel.
    Ils veulent également connaitre nos réalisations et accomplissements tant professionnels que personnels.
    Le focus est évidement porté sur le service à la clientèle. Ils regardent aussi les implications sociales et les actions bénévoles que l'on peut avoir fait. il est donc important d,en faire mention dans le curriculum vitae.

    Interview Questions

    • donnez-nous un exemple de situation où vous avez fait la différence   1 Answer

  6. Helpful (569)  

    Barista Interview

    Anonymous Employee
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

    Interview

    After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
    Read this 2 minutes script.

    "Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

    If the manager is there.
    "Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

    Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

    Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

    Negotiation

    No negotiations.


  7. Helpful (87)  

    Barista Interview

    Anonymous Employee
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience

    Interview

    I applied online and got a call from manager 3 days later. It was kind of a mini interview and was asked for an interview the following day. Interview took about 45 minutes and was hired on the spot :)

    Interview Questions

    • If a customer complained about their drink, what do you do?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer from your previous job   1 Answer
    • Why Starbucks?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you received excelent customer service   Answer Question

  8.  

    Barista Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate
    No Offer
    Negative Experience

    Interview

    First things first, I did not get a free drink lol.
    Secondly...my interviewer was super rude. I don’t know if she was intimidated by the way I look or something, but ugh.

    Interview Questions


  9.  

    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Easy Interview

    Application

    I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

    Interview

    It was pretty easy going. I sat down with the manager and a shift supervisor that was interested in being promoted to a store manager. I felt very welcomed into the store.

    Interview Questions


  10.  

    Barista Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate
    No Offer
    Neutral Experience
    Easy Interview

    Interview

    easy questions, it was a relatively quick process. The interviewer was appropriate and professional. The interview questions seemed appropriate too along with a fun question too. I did not end up getting the job, but they were timely with my rejection and gave me a reason as to why I did not get it. overall it was an okay experience even though I did not get the job.

    Interview Questions


  11.  

    Cyber Security Operations Engineer Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate
    No Offer
    Negative Experience
    Easy Interview

    Interview

    I only got to the phone interview on this job because they were looking for someone with more experience than the ad originally asked for, which was very disappointing to me. The posting asked for general experience in security, which I have, but not as much in incident response, which is what they are looking for, apparently.

    The interviewer was very fast to shut things down as soon as we agreed it was not a good fit and rushed me off the phone with the promise to put me in touch other recruiters, which never happened.

    I had been considering Starbucks as a potential employer for a long time but I was very disappointed in this interaction with them, so not sure I'll ever consider them going forward.

    Interview Questions

    • basic technical questions like describe the three steps of the TCP handshake.   Answer Question

Don't Miss Out On a Job You Love
Upload a resume to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.