StandardAero Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

StandardAero Interview Questions

Interviews at StandardAero

2.8

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at StandardAero.

Interview

Phone interview with HR and 3 directors. They tried to explain the job to me, but they were incredibly vague and couldn't answer any of my direct questions (Is there failure analysis, is this document creating based on specs, what exactly is it I'd be doing?). They also started asking me technical engine questions. I'm a metallurgist at an airplane company, that's what on my resume, that's what was in my cover letter, that's what I told them when they started asking that question. They kept hammering me with engine specific technical questions. Luckily I already had an onsite interview scheduled with a company I actually liked (and subsequently got a job for), or this could have really shaken my confidence! Also, after the interview I sent a standard thank you to the HR rep and asked for contact info for the other interviewers to extend my thanks. She said no but she'd pass along my thanks. I found that incredibly rude!!

Interview Questions

• What are the advantages of (some engine I've never heard of)?   1 Answer

Interview

The interview consisted of a panel. Questions were asked from every panel member totaling a length of about forty five minutes. Overall, the interview process was a comfortable and laid back experience.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at StandardAero (San Diego, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

I signed up for a hiring event through Orio International which is a great way to find a career. So the they presented the companies and then you pick the top ones you wanted to interview with. Then you meet the companies hiring managers and interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an A and P license?   1 Answer

Airframe Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at StandardAero (Kansas City, MO (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Talked with the crew chief about items on my resume. They just wanted to make sure the resume was legit. During the interview he asked what is something about me not on my resume. I said, well I grew up on a farm. They want people with goo work ethics, and they want someone who won't quit a job because they "can't do it". Don't quit keep trying, it gets easier.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at StandardAero (Springfield, IL (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Initial contact with HR recruiter to set up phone interview. Phone interview with 3-5 people on the line. Emailed a request for an in person interview. Arrived at the company and was there most of the morning/day. Initially interviewed with 4-5 member panel including a section supervisor, VP, and HR rep. Took a tour of the facility, followed by an interview with another section director and VP. I was told over and over again how I fit their profile for the job, how "perfect" I was for the role on paper, etc. The process was absurdly long and strenuous...particularly in hind sight when I received the "offer". The people were great, but the offer was NOT a serious offer and a major waste of time as far as I was concerned. For reference, I received an offer from a competitor 1 month later that blew their offer out of the water (in every conceivable way) and I turned it down...THAT'S how ridiculous this company's offer was. Don't waste your time, get the salary info squared away up front and be prepared for a shock.

Interview Questions

• Describe a confrontational situation you've been involved in at work and how you handled it.   1 Answer

It was an insulting "offer". I don't believe they are serious about stated objectives based on the offer.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at StandardAero (Springfield, IL (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Process took 3 weeks. I interviewed with HR, then a hiring manager, then called on-site for an interview with the team.
    It seems like a small manufacturing/repair shop. I didn't see much growth in the opportunity. Additionally, they could not meet me salary requirements and I was in the same state and city. So that was a turn off.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at StandardAero (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

panel discussion, 1:1, phone interview
    the panel discussion was very overwhelming,. good luck. the interview was not an interview ore of a conversation with hr, managers, operations, leadership folks around the table.

Interview Questions

• tell me your areas of improvement, tell me your strengths.
      tell me a time you did not get along with co-worker. .................
      ................ ....................... .................... ........................ ......................... ................................   Answer Question

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sharonville, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at StandardAero (Sharonville, OH (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

They judge people on the interview to much and not their experience. The joked around to much. They asked personal questions that had nothing to do with working there.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a unhappy co-worker?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at StandardAero.

Interview

Standard interview process. Met with the senior hiring manager and the guy I would be working for. Standard questions with regard to military experience and work ethic. Made you feel at ease during the process.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you want to see in your boss?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at StandardAero (Dallas, TX (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Easy questions. Very low key. A friend of mine passed along my resume to the engineering lead. I got a call to come in and talk with the manager. Got a tour of the facility. Asked about my careers goals and what i would like to do.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.