StandardAero Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

StandardAero Interview Questions

Interviews at StandardAero

2.9

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at StandardAero (Springfield, IL (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Process took 3 weeks. I interviewed with HR, then a hiring manager, then called on-site for an interview with the team.
    It seems like a small manufacturing/repair shop. I didn't see much growth in the opportunity. Additionally, they could not meet me salary requirements and I was in the same state and city. So that was a turn off.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at StandardAero (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

I was initially interviewed on the phone by several managers. About a week later I was asked to come in and interview in person by several of the same managers. I was made an offer about a week or two later. It took about a month to start from the day I was offered the job because of their security requirements.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember an extremely difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I accepted the first amount I was offered.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at StandardAero (San Diego, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

I signed up for a hiring event through Orio International which is a great way to find a career. So the they presented the companies and then you pick the top ones you wanted to interview with. Then you meet the companies hiring managers and interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an A and P license?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at StandardAero (Dallas, TX (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Easy questions. Very low key. A friend of mine passed along my resume to the engineering lead. I got a call to come in and talk with the manager. Got a tour of the facility. Asked about my careers goals and what i would like to do.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at StandardAero (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

Interviewed for an HR position and went through an extensive hiring process where every thing was going well to be all but be guaranteed an offer. The final interview with the upper level manager did not want another Ph.D. in the department as it would be seen as direct competition. After that interview, the job had changed and there was certain experience missing to where an offer would not be extended and other HR candidates needed to be interviewed. As this process would extend past the month already going, the hiring manager stated updates would be provided. Two months later, an update was provided that other candidates had been interviewed without much success. However, business needs had changed and with that the skillset required had also changed. At this time, other candidates will be pursued and I am no longer a viable candidate.

Interview Questions

• You answered the questions too perfectly. Why is this?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at StandardAero (Springfield, IL (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Initial contact with HR recruiter to set up phone interview. Phone interview with 3-5 people on the line. Emailed a request for an in person interview. Arrived at the company and was there most of the morning/day. Initially interviewed with 4-5 member panel including a section supervisor, VP, and HR rep. Took a tour of the facility, followed by an interview with another section director and VP. I was told over and over again how I fit their profile for the job, how "perfect" I was for the role on paper, etc. The process was absurdly long and strenuous...particularly in hind sight when I received the "offer". The people were great, but the offer was NOT a serious offer and a major waste of time as far as I was concerned. For reference, I received an offer from a competitor 1 month later that blew their offer out of the water (in every conceivable way) and I turned it down...THAT'S how ridiculous this company's offer was. Don't waste your time, get the salary info squared away up front and be prepared for a shock.

Interview Questions

• Describe a confrontational situation you've been involved in at work and how you handled it.   1 Answer

It was an insulting "offer". I don't believe they are serious about stated objectives based on the offer.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at StandardAero.

Interview

Standard interview process. Met with the senior hiring manager and the guy I would be working for. Standard questions with regard to military experience and work ethic. Made you feel at ease during the process.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you want to see in your boss?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at StandardAero (Dallas, TX (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

One interview. Department seems very busy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at StandardAero.

Interview

Initial phone interview was with company recruiter to establish my qualifications and to discuss general details about the position and the company. 2nd phone interview happened the following week with hiring manager to further discuss qualifications and position. Onsite interview with hiring manager occurred the week following the 2nd phone interview to discuss qualifications and position in great detail. No call back or responses from follow ups.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated start date and adjustments to signing bonus.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at StandardAero.

Interview

This was for a position at the Associated Air Center branch in Dallas. The HR emailed me expressing interest in a phone interview about a week later I interviewed with 2 engineers. They mainly asked behavioral question with a few questions about projects I worked on. I was invited to an on-campus interview where I interviewed in person with the same two engineers and got a tour of the facilites. I was offered the job about a week later. Overall a pretty standard interview.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.