Sparta Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Sparta Systems Interview Questions

Interviews at Sparta Systems

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sparta Systems (New Brunswick, NJ (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Signed up through on-campus recruitment. They emailed me very quickly and we set up a meeting for a phone screen. Very standard questions about Java/SQL. The interviewer was very friendly and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Describe what the keyword "distinct" does in SQL   1 Answer

Director, Corporate Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Sparta Systems in August 2013.

Interview

Was referred in at C-level to hiring manager. New position created at high growth company looking to make acquisitions. Spoke with HR recruiter, then two phone interviews with hiring manager, then on-site interview (4+ hours) with 5 senior managers and potential co-workers at company. Was clear from discussions there was no internal consensus about how role would function or that hiring manager was on same page as senior team. Received no communication or follow-up after I left on-site interview day.

Interview Questions

• After being your own boss for so long, how will you feel coming into an office every day?   1 Answer

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sparta Systems (Hamilton, NJ (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

I was called by a third party recruiter. He set me up with a phone interview. I was called the next day to come in for a face to face interview. The phone interview was harder then the face to face. I had four interviews in a row. the first was the manager who explained the position he asked some basic Java & SQL questions not two hard. Then I met with a Sr java developer. He asked me some java and backbone questions again very basic. My third interview was the same person who I had the phone interview with. She said I think you have the job do you have kids then we went and got coffee. The fourth and last was pretty cool. the developer was having a CSS issue. So we did some debugging of on real code. The next day I spoke to the VP of engineering and was made an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is a backbone model and you write it out for me. What is backbone binding. Java what is the difference between abstract and Interface. Sql what is an inner and outer join. Javascript how to handle inheritance.   1 Answer

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sparta Systems (Hamilton, NJ (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process is what I would expect. I had a phone interview with a recruiter and then with senior support. I then had an in person interview with senior support. A second in person interview was with direct management

Interview Questions

• Basically just asked of my recent experience   1 Answer

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sparta Systems (Hamilton, NJ (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Four steps interview process. Started out from a campus recruiting representative. After the initial phone screen with her I then had a technical phone interview with the hiring manager, pretty straightforward, basic programming questions and more resume related questions. For some reason I then had another phone screen, probably because there were w jobs they wanted me for. On site interview was where it all came crashing down. I got there 10 minutes early, no one saw me until 15 mins past the time. I had a tour of the building, very nice and the representative was accommodating. The interview itself was with 2 team leads. I felt the younger one was pretty much just trying to prove something in front of his partner, who was older and more relaxed. I applied as an entry level position and 1/2way through the interview I was told this was not an entry level position at all and I am expected to have 4 years experience, which completely threw me off and themselves too, who I guess were also informed wrongly. That said, the interview questions were pretty good, not really scary, they start off pretty basic then challenging and conceptual, if anything the questions were fun to walk through, but it just came back to the whole "this is not entry level". The worst part was being told I would be contacted in a week fro wither the hiring manager or the HR for the next step. I had to email 3 times the the HR and reach out to the team leads after 3 weeks of no response. Finally after 5 weeks I was told on my rejection, claiming they found a more suitable applicant. Fair enough, but they should be more punctual and less misleading.
    TLDR; don't advertise for entry level if you're going to waste applicants time and reject them on lack of experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Java and SQL questions. they ask you third party related questions like using tomcat, I pretty much stopped them there and said I don't know, but they were willing to train.
      Example q: What is the difference between these two scenarios:
      int x = 7; int y = 8; x=y;
      String a = "a"; String b = "b"; a=b;   1 Answer

Jan. 31, 2016 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review, it's important for us to understand so we can continue to improve the intern's interview experience at Sparta. We are proud to offer an exceptional opportunity for interns... More

Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sparta Systems (Hamilton, NJ (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

A couple of typical phone interviews, followed by in person interviews with CEO, CFO, head of HR, and multiple people from product organization. Got positive feedback from all that day. Told they were going through some reshuffling a bit. Sent follow-up note to CEO and head of HR. Head of HR sent me a positive follow-up email saying blah-blah would get back to me soon. Never heard back from anyone. Even after following up 2 weeks later to ask where I stand to HR they simply did not reply. My interest went to zero at this point even if they did call back. HR is the one org that should be on top of such communication for a senior role and they dropped the ball in an entirely unprofessional manner.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions of experience aligned with their business needs.   Answer Question

Sep. 25, 2015 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience in 2013. Since that time Sparta has put many new processes in place to create a positive candidate... More

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sparta Systems (Holmdel, NJ (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

The QA manager reached out to me from a resume found on Dice.com. After a phone screen from both the QA manager, HR, I was invited for an in person interview. I met with 4 different people, One automation expert, one SME, one developer manager and the QA manager. After the interviews were completed, I have a phone interview with the director. I was hired shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Q. Tell me about yourself.
      Q. Tell me about the work you do.
      Q. How do you work with Teams.
      Q. Have you done automation.
      Q. How to you handle an irate stakeholder.   1 Answer

Senior Java/J2EE Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sparta Systems (Hamilton, NJ (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a skype/webex first round interview with the vendor. I was asked questions in Java and related frameworks for 30 mins and was given a problem and was asked to solve.
    After I cleared the first interview, I had phone/webex interview conducted by Architect and Team lead. I was given two problems to solve, one in java and one in java script. To me, it looked like in addition to me solving/answering the questions with explanation, the interviewers were looking if I was asking the right questions related to the problems.

Interview Questions

• First round I was asked to solve a problem in Java.
      Second round I was asked to solve a problem in java and java script   Answer Question

Javascript Interview

Interview

met recruiters at career fair. received offer for a phone interview a few months later; i still do not know why they did this because i told them @ the career fair that i did not know JS. they never got back to me after the phone interview ended.

interviewer was polite but started to get aggravated towards the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

Sparta Systems Response

Sep. 18, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. The Sparta team is always open to evaluating new talent for our team. We often interview candidates that have 'most' of the skills required. While we always look for... More

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sparta Systems (Hamilton, NJ (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Quick 20 minute phone call. Then brought in for on-site. 45 minutes with recruiting head, an hour on easy coding problem, then two 30 minutes interviews with directors. Everyone was really nice and eager to answer questions, seems like they really love what they do and believe in the process (real agile).

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.