Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Interviews at Southwest Airlines

1,195 Interview Reviews

2.6

Interview

It was a length interview process. There was long phone interview at least an hour long unexpected (it was not scheduled) followed by in person interview. Also you had to take a writing test.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

A phone screening followed by an in person interview at the Dallas Headquarters. It was fairly straight forward and everyone was very friendly and helped you along with the process.

Finance Interview

Interview

Applied through University website. Got an email giving me times to sign up for interview. Went in for a very technical 30 minute interview. Didn’t even get my rejection until months later.

Interview Questions

• All the interview was technical   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Wasn't too bad all the reviews were accurate so your research on the company. What they are know for and what they stand for. The vision, value, mission, and costomer service.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you had to work with a team member that was slacking off   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview was straightforward. I had a phone call with the recruiter for screening. If the recruiter thinks that you are what they are looking for, they will fly you to the corporate office at no cost. The face-to-face interview was relaxed and friendly.

Freight Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Interviewed with an Hr rep a Freight Agent Supervisor and a guy who started as a Freight Agent but is now in upper management. The interview was about 30 mins very laid back they ask questions but they also give you a lot of info about the job and role you will be playing

Intern Interview

Interview

So far I just did the phone call interview. It's more of a screening call. So it asks basic questions. Make sure you meet the requirements for the post they'll ask and you'll send your transcript later on with rec letters. I have my next interview in person soon.

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Thorough and lengthy background check. The one on one interview was relaxed and comfortable. The interviewer asked about my employment background and had an additional 5 questions roughly. Overall, standard interview process that went smoothly. I was impressed!

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process was more pleasant than I expected. I was interviewed by a recruiter from the People Department, along with two current ramp employees. The recruiter talked about the company, then we reviewed my work history. While reviewing my work history, the recruiter asked why I left certain jobs and what challenges I faced in those roles. I recommend you be upfront and honest about any struggles and challenges, but also mention how you handled those challenges and became more successful from them. I was also asked a situational question in regards to helping a coworker. So always remember the STAR method. The recruiter asked me why will I be leaving my current company to work as a Ramp Agent. I answered truthfully because Southwest Airlines is a company I have always wanted to work for. They want commitment and motivation. They don't want someone who is doubtful and unsure. On a serious note, PREPARE. Do not wing this interview! By 'prepare' I mean research the company, do mock interviews, use Glassdoor as a tool to help you in any way possible. I cannot express this enough because I know someone personally who was interviewed the same day as me, and that person told me how they were not preparing nor were they doing any research on SWA because they "didn't want to be stressed out from the thought of interviewing". That person was not hired, and this is NOT the mentality SWA is looking for. As I mentioned they want commitment and motivation. That's it for now. I wish everyone success in their journey.

Interview Questions

• What challenges did you face while working at (past company or current company)?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you helped out a coworker when you didn't have to?   1 Answer
    • What is a misconception people have about you?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years or at a certain point in time?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to leave your current position?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cross Roads, Fisher, TX (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Cross Roads, Fisher, TX (US)).

Interview

Initially spoke with a recruiter who explained the culture and some of the benefits at Southwest. She asked about the salary I was looking for and she thought it was reasonable. Then she called back a few days later to explain that Southwest wouldn’t consider paying me what I was asking for because of my lack of experience. I didn’t understand, but I was accepting of what the new negotiating window was because of how good their benefits are. I continued to do a phone screening and then an on-site.

The on-site was split into two parts, first with a manager and a mid level developer who asked personality questions and questions about agile planning and my experience. Then a group of three senior developers who asked me a little more in depth questions about my experience and what I know. I was very candid with what I knew and what I didn’t know and I felt like the interview went really well.

After a week I reached back out to the recruiter and they explained that Southwest didn’t believe I had enough experience to be hired for a mid level development role but they would be interested in me applying for an associate level role and going back through the interview process.

Overall not a terrible experience, but I kind of feel like they based their decision on the amount of time I have in an experienced position instead the amount of work I’ve accomplished. I’ll definitely apply again once I have more time and experience. They seem like really good people and like they have a lot of really good problems to solve.

Interview Questions

• Describe a REST service that you’ve previously built and how you can scale it.   Answer Question
    • What’s the difference in TDD and BDD   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.