Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Southwest Airlines

2.6
HardAverageEasy
Found 1220 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX)

Interview

First you will have a phone screen with the recruiter, show passion, energy and company values during the call. Next you will have a meeting with the hiring manager, depending if technical role or not, be prepared to discuss past projects and your skills.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about past projects What are your goals How you would solve a problem (looking for thought process, do you bring ideas, etc)
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (United States)

Interview

One phone interview, one Webex interview. The phone interview took place with a hiring manager and the Webex call was with the team I interviewed for. Both interviews lasted approximately 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a current social media influencer that is doing well and one that is not.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (United States)

Interview

Phone screening first. Thorough background check. Face to face with a supervisor and recruiter. All customer service questions. They want to have conversational base responses. Be on time. Flexible availability is a must.

Interview Questions
Southwest Airlines
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (United States)

Interview

The interview process consisted of two phone calls and one in person interview with the HR team and the department of which you're applying to. It's a 3-4 person group and you, which honestly I like better than one on one.

Interview Questions
  • - What does the Southwest way mean to you? - Why do you want to work at Southwest Airlines? - When is a time you got constructive feedback?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (United States)

Interview

Friendly and interactive processes from groups to one on ones with various team members. Not rushed through the process. Encourage to ask questions and not hold back. Gave specific job elements and specific processes.

Interview Questions
Southwest Airlines
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (United States)

Interview

A phone call asking you hypothetical situations onboard an aircraft. This is actually a company not at Southwest. Then one on 3, they fly you out to the people department. More “tell me about a time” questions. If they do your finger prints you got the job, if they didn’t it’s usually a thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions
Southwest Airlines
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (United States)

Interview

It was very laid back. The interviewers are nice. It is very competitive so come prepared. study the company and get ready to talk about the culture. I loved working there. They are such great people and they have a party after work every monday. It is called a deck party very fun.

Interview Questions
Southwest Airlines
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (United States)

Interview

Submitted resume, then received an email to set up a phone interview. From the phone interview I was invited for a face to face interview. The face to face interview is treated as a group interview.

Interview Questions
Southwest Airlines
Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX)

Interview

Applied online, heard back about a month later. Was invited to a phone interview with HR. After the phone interview, a week or 2 later, I was invited to an in person interview. The interview lasted about 20 minutes, I was surrounded by teams. At the end of the interview I was thanked and was told to expect a phone call. About a week later I received the decision. Overall the interview process was simple, questions were personality based on the phone and experience based for the in person part.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you had a disagreement with your coworkers.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (United States)

Interview

Contractor role, 1st round with hiring manager went really well. 2nd with 6 PM/POs, one of them joined when the interview is about to end. 2nd round is super weird, seems like some people don't want to do this or they were forced to interview me, and the interaction was poor, I don't know what they think about my answer, is not an open dialog. From the questions they asked, I feel like the team may have their own opinion on UX, and seems like one of the PM/PO is doing the UX work, and about 3-5 months without a UX person in the team, which is fine, some companies do things this way, but it may lead to some thinking about if I'm a PM/PO can handle/decide UX work, why we need a UXer here to make UX decisions, we just need an executer? And a lot of questions is how I handle hard things, honestly to me, most of the things are not hard, you tackle problems use HCD, break into chunks. It gives me the impression they may want someone that is not as confident and comfortable as me handling jobs, but a more obedient soldier.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle conflicts? I handle conflicts all the time, but if an interviewer asks you, usually means the team always has conflicts and it didn't handle well(otherwise it won't have conflicts...)
  • What's the hardest workshop you've attended?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,220 Interviews