Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,254 of over 1,254.0 interviews

Employee Referral5%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Southwest Airlines

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview

Well organized interview process. Communication is consistent and timely. Recruiters are friendly and helpful. Process felt a bit rushed. No time between phone interview and second interview. Notice for in-person inteview was short as was the project provided.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you were able to successfuly negotiate X.
    Answer Question

Southwest Airlines

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview

Submitted application and was called less than a week later and set up a phone interview. Had in-person interview and was offered job less than a week later, however had to go thru onboarding process including in-depth background check and drug-testing. All in all the process took approx 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Do I have Airline experience? Do I work well underpressure? Also asked questions about attitude and stamina.

Southwest Airlines

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview

Intentional, kind and wonderful experience. Not too many rounds. Fun group and passionate individuals. I enjoyed the interview. Recruiter was also very nice, patient and thoughtful. I recommend applying to this company

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Southwest Airlines

Application

I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in Aug 2021

Interview

So I want to start off by saying, the reviews speaking of the negative interview experience is true. I dont want to go point by point of my interview but I will give little . To jump right in one of the interviewers had a defensive negative tone straight out the gate for me with the grilling questions about my position working in the mental health field of 5 plus years . I was aggressively asked “So you have all this experience and time in mental health, why Flight Attendant?! “ I gave my response which was nicely put and well thought out as I have done a lot of research and just knowing and having a feeling and passion on why I want to become an fa. My response apparently did not move them , so I went on to add in another part of the interview a family member of mine had retired from the company and I said they loved it and told me about the company and their experiences . The interviewer aggressively asked well did you ask you’re family member about the pay too?! Or did you want us to answer that . I never once brought up pay or salary ! Interviewer was offended that I talked with a family member about their experience and time with the company . The main interviewer was negative from the start I have over 14+ years of customer service in the healthcare field! In different settings but the fa was so bent out of shape about interrogating me about the last 5yrs of me working in mental health! Very negative to say the least! . They made me almost feel bad for even being a mental health advocate !! It was nuts! then went on a tirade about the “negative aspects” of the fa life on how lonely it could be and all as I told them I love working with my peers! saying positive things about team work , that rubbed her the wrong way ! So the main interviewer felt the need to turn my positive outlook to a negative one of theirs as if I said there was an issue with the not so glamorous part of fa life . I assured them all that this is a lifestyle! One has to be ready for or at least have a idea of what it intel’s. All I can say is I was my bubbly fun loving self gave awesome responses in and all I got back was fake-ness , negative vibes and rude interrogating questions this is not the “Luv”Airline I thought it was and I will not be applying again after getting a tbnt. Not to mention the other introduced themselves and then put their camera off as if they were watching behind the scenes tell the other two things in a chat. How rude is that why be apart of a panel interview and then turn you’re camera off to join “behind the scenes” it was disrespectful and not needed. I was told they are looking for N. Cal people to put in here at the base . Knowing that it made me happy as It is not an issue for me to get to the airport at all to go to work . The main interviewer made sure to be negative and add” just so you know , just because you may be close to the base does not Guarantee you will be based there ..you may be based in Another location ..I am aware of how the “companies needs” work as a fa so that would have not been a issue it would be even more exciting imo! I never mentioned location or any of that . Again , the negativity and the tone of the main interviewer and questions were terrible. Even though I prepared for months , I feel no response would have been good enough if the tone was already set before I turned my camera and audio on for this interview. To anyone who gets these people as the panelists good luck.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Southwest Airlines ?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Atlanta, GA) in Aug 2021

Interview

Great interview and managers have positive energy, and seemed happy. The interview was very detailed and was informed on the background and room for growth with the company. They gave me a chance to introduce myself and show my character and why I would be a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Southwest Airlines

Application

I interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview

Interview process was great! Simply and smooth process overall. Didn’t get the position but I enjoyed the process. Thank you Southwest. Just typing until I get to 30 words minimum

1 person found this interview helpful

Southwest Airlines

Application

I interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview

Had one phone screening with a recruiter and one phone screening with the hiring manager. This was followed by an in-person interview with the hiring manager and a few people from the team.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a difficult situation that you were challenged by and describe how you resolved the situation.
1 person found this interview helpful

Southwest Airlines

Application

I interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview

great. Quick and easy interview process. everyone was really nice and complete in sharing everything about the duties with me. Next steps were outlined and follow through was amazing. I highly recommend.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Oakland, CA) in Jul 2021

Interview

I had a virtual panel interview for the California Flight Attendant position on July 14, 2021. It was an amazing experience! They genuinely want to get to know you during the interview. Used the STAR method when answering their questions. Get to know the company culture prior to your interview and show them how you will make Southwest Airlines shine!

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to return to being a flight attendant?
  • When did you go above and beyond for a passenger?
  • When did you have a difficult situation with a co-worker, and how did you handle it?
  • What is your greatest weakness?
4 people found this interview helpful

Southwest Airlines

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in Jul 2021

Interview

I had a phone interview (30 minutes) and then passed to a virtual interview (30 minutes). Everyone that I talked to from SWA was incredibly nice and down to earth. I received a phone call from a recruiter wishing me luck on my virtual interview which I thought was such a nice touch.

Interview Questions
  • They asked why I was interested in the position and how I felt about customer service and handling high volume phone calls.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,254 Interviews