SkyHive (Canada) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

SkyHive (Canada) Interview Questions

Interviews at SkyHive (Canada)

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SkyHive (Canada) (Vancouver, BC) in February 2019.

Interview

They asked a series of technical questions. After those questions, they gave me a real world example. I hand wrote code on a table made of thousands of recycled chopsticks. Once they were satisfied with that code, I optimized it.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SkyHive (Canada) (Vancouver, BC) in November 2018.

Interview

Interview process was quite usual and straight forward. I've got email inviting me for an interview. There were 3 interview: technical, behavioral, and interview with CEO. Technical part was quite simple - standard questions about previous experience, technical challenges, few technical problems to solve.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SkyHive (Canada).

Interview

The first interview was technical where I was asked various technical question. Topics include REST API protocol, C# programming, and algorithm design. The questions were not too difficult and the interviewers gave ample time to solve it. While trying to come up with the answer to the algorithms question it was quiet with very little communication between the interviewers and I. The interviewers were open minded and did not dismiss any answer. The second interview was a culture fit interview where there is a panel of three interviewers. They each have multiple papers with questions written on them, the number of questions asked in this interview was quite large. There are many questions like "when was a time this happened and what did you do" or "what are your weaknesses" and many others along this line. This interview felt very long and a few too many questions were asked. However, the questions were intriguing and really make you think. Overall the interview process was very pleasant and stress-free, the interviewers themselves were very professional while keeping things light and informal.

Interview Questions

• What is RESTful API, what are the differences between GET, POST, etc.   Answer Question

Director of Administration Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SkyHive (Canada).

Interview

It was a waste of time frankly. The role was originally posted mid 2018 as Director of Administration yet during the 4 week interview process the title changed to Chief of Staff and the scope of the role wasn't 100% clear as CEO kept changing elements of it.

Spoke with the CEO multiple times and met in person twice. Throughout this i was blunt around desired role and salary range - he stated that both were "doable".

After 4 weeks of back/forth and hours of my time, got to a negotiation stage where he then reneged on the salary and tried to justify wanting to pay less than market rate as they "run lean" and wanted someone who would be happy with less money. I felt frustrated and disrespected as why waste a month of someones time when they've been transparent around compensation range from the start?

Interview Questions

SkyHive (Canada) Response

Mar. 6, 2019 – Director of People & Culture

Thank you so much for the feedback, we know the situation you are talking about and we’re sorry to hear it was not a positive experience for you. We are constantly striving to improve our processes... More

Senior UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SkyHive (Canada) (Vancouver, BC) in April 2019.

Interview

Three stages:
    1. Technical
    2. Cultural
    3. Personal interview with the CEO
    Everything went fast, polite and professional. The company kindly waited for my offer response for two weeks. The only downside is not very convenient parking in Downtown, but the company itself can't be blamed for that.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a successful and not so successful project you've been working on? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Co-op .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SkyHive (Canada) (Vancouver, BC) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview was about 80% technical, with one main coding problem and some short theoretical questions. The interviewers were very encouraging when I was unsure if my answers were correct. I didn't know C# before the interview so they were fine with me writing in Java for the coding question.

The rest of the interview was spent on situational questions and discussing my previous projects. At the end of the interview I had a great discussion with the interviewers about SkyHive's values and culture.

Jack of All Trades - First Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SkyHive (Canada) (Vancouver, BC) in September 2017.

Interview

I met the CEO in mid-late 2017 through a mutual friend. The process took a very transparent shape in the form of open 1:1 conversations. During initial meetings, he shared his past work experiences and how it informed his vision for a technology that had the potential to disrupt the future of work in a positive and socially responsible way. In later meetings, he outlined a high-level roadmap as well as what would be required in order to scale the company into a first class organization. Next steps included meeting his Co-founder/CTO.
    Both founders assured me that SkyHive's mission and the tasks at hand would be nothing close to a cake walk. Overall the interview process was really a vetting of my character and motivation. I expressed my ability and willingness to grind, and soon after signed an employment agreement.

Interview Questions

• What is the motivation behind your interest in SkyHive?   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SkyHive (Canada) (Vancouver, BC).

Interview

3 Rounds of Interview
    · Technical with CTO, Project Owner & QA
    · Cultural with People & Culture
    · Meeting with CEO

Though there were multiple interviews, the process did not take too long (~1 week from the first round to decision) as they try to accommodate the candidate and give a decision within a few days.

You have to pass each round of interview to continue to the next stage.

The details of each interview is pretty much industry standard.

Interview Questions

• · Technical: standard tech & soft (communication focused) questions
      · Cultural: standard cultural questions
      · CEO: company vision & personal goals   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SkyHive (Canada) (Vancouver, BC) in April 2019.

Interview

There were 4 rounds: 2 technical (by phone and in person), a cultural, and an interview with the CEO. On all the stages people were nice and let me comfortable.

The phone interview was with the 2 managers, they asked about my job experience, some technical questions and also an example of previous job documentation;

The technical (in person) was with the same 2 managers and they simulated a real conversation with a client and asked me to produce some technical material (like a test).

The cultural interview (in person) was with the director of people, a developer and one of the managers. They asked me some random questions I believe they were to break the ice such as if I prefer PC or MAC and Starbucks or homebrew. I answered some other behavioural questions as well like how I make decisions and what I recently did for my community.

The last interview was with the CEO that asked me about my experience, a little bit of how I would conduct a situation with a client and then he explained about the company vision, culture and if I understand the risks to work in a startup in this early stage.

One week after I got the job offer!

The only thing I didn't like was after the phone interview I didn’t hear back from them for almost 2 weeks so I wasn’t sure if I was still in the process.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.