Sickkids Interview Questions

Updated Oct 30, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 159 of over 159 interviews

In Person3%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Sickkids

Application

I interviewed at Sickkids

Interview

It is a mix of soft interview questions and a clinical question. It involved a panel of three people. Because of Covid, it is just a virtual interview on video. I would say the degree of difficulty of the questions is moderate.

Interview Questions
  • What is your short and long term career plans?
    Answer Question

Sickkids

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sickkids

Interview

Only one round of interview that lasted 30 mins. Two supervisors were there, no HR. Mainly behavioral questions were asked, few technical questions. The whole process was relatively fast, got results in a week.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Sickkids

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Sickkids in Aug 2021

Interview

The interviewer wants to know about projects that are related to R. He wants to select an employee who is familiar with R. I think Python, Excel, and SQL are not frequently used.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sickkids (Toronto, ON)

Interview

First interview is HR. Pretty straightforward, asking experience and skills Second interview is unit manager with two other people mostly asking behavioural question and reviewing resume. First interview was one to one interview and second one is panel interview.

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with conflict ? What skills do you have for this unit?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Sickkids (Toronto, ON) in Jul 2021

Interview

First was the HR interview where an HR representative assesses your soft skills. If you "pass," they recommend you to a unit. I was then contacted for a unit interview with the nursing manager, clinical nurse specialist, and clinical educator. The questions were mainly behavioural questions and asking for examples from clinical practice. This interview was around 20-25 minutes long via Microsoft Teams.

Interview Questions
  • Name one time you found an abnormal assessment finding. What did you do about it?

Sickkids

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sickkids

Interview

A short and efficient interview process, directly with the hiring managers. A few situation-based questions, overall very positive impression, and more of a conversational format. Each interview lasted around 30-45 minutes, the interviewers were very positive

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a situation when you had a conflict with a co-worker Tell me about the most difficult project you worked on that you're proud you have completed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Sickkids (Toronto, ON) in Jun 2021

Interview

Completed application. My Cover letter was very detailed and specific to how my experience would contribute to me being an excellent candidate for the unit. Got an email for a virtual initial interview with HR. HR began with asking basic questions about my availability for orientation and if I was okay working as COVID identifier if need be. Went straight into questions, after questions were all asked, interviewer informed me If all went well I would hear back before the end of the month for a second interview with unit specific manager and educator.

Interview Questions
  • Your definition of family-centered care? How do you build a rapport with a patient? How do you gain a patient's trust? How do you deal with stressed/difficult patients/families? Name a time you had a conflict with someone and how did you solve it? Describe a time in which you or a colleague made an error and how you dealt with the situation?

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sickkids (Toronto, ON)

Interview

-writing a proposal with the initial application -during orientation, there will be four to five, one on one interviews with PIs from the department -might switch to Zoom during the pandemic

Interview Questions
  • Describe why you interested in pursuing a PhD? Do you like cooking and/ or baking? (supposedly provides insight into your interest in conducting experiments)

Sickkids

Application

I interviewed at Sickkids

Interview

Very thorough and challenging. Nice team. The interview can be up to an hour and a half. Not your typical interview questions. Looking for critical thinkers and problem solvers. Come prepared!!!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sickkids (Toronto, ON) in Mar 2021

Interview

Via Zoom, with 3 interviewer, very nice experience. Have some technical and case scenario questions from all 3 interviewer. The process last about 20 mins. They got back to me the next day.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 159 Interviews