Self Made Marketing Marketing Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (San Diego, CA (US)) in July-2014.

Interview

I applied through Monster. I was contacted about 3 to 4 days later, and they asked if I could come in the following day. They asked me to bring a copy of my resume (which they should have already had since I attached it to my application). They also asked me to dress professionally, which was a helpful reminder as I had intended in arriving in my Spiderman costume. When I arrived at the interview location in Mission Valley, it was clear that it was a short term lease on a low grade office suite. There was an untidy receptionist station, and five folding chairs set up against the wall. Three were already occupied. I took the fourth, and then two more candidates arrived, leaving one poor guy just standing there. We were asked to fill out employment applications which were far less detailed than what I had already been asked online. We were then called into the interview room one at a time.

During my five (seriously....five) minute interview, I was asked a series of questions, the answers to which were already on my resume, my online application, and the handwritten form I completed in the reception area. I was then told that the job entailed going to various Walmart locations and doing product demonstrations. Since the job was billed as marketing, and since the requirements indicated a preference for at least a bachelor's degree, I was somewhat amused. Rather than just leave, I asked THEM some questions. I stated that when I was called for the interview, I was told that it was an hourly position which included a commission and a bonus structure. I asked how commissions and bonuses were tracked if the primary responsibility was product demonstration. I got no answer; I was told that compensation would be discussed at the call back interview.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite basketball team? (This is not a joke.)   1 Answer
  • So, how does it sound?   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.