Self Made Marketing Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Self Made Marketing Account Manager Interview Questions

1.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (Emeryville, CA (US)) in June-2016.

Interview

Very Friendly but MISLEADING. I applied for a Account manager position and I was told that this position would be salary based. Very excited to get a job and start a career. When I went into the interview I was told that they don't hire managers from the streets and that everyone has to start from the bottom. Why advertise that your hiring for a manager position and then in the interview say just kidding. VERY MISLEADING. If the company is willing to mislead applicants what does that say about the people who work there? Doesn't sound like a trust worthy company to me.

Self Made Marketing Response

21 Oct, 2016 – HR Manager

Sorry you felt this way after your interview, as we do offer salary at management positions only.

Entry level positions which everyone starts at (see website "faq" section) is paid hourly plus... More

Other Interview Reviews for Self Made Marketing

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (Emeryville, CA (US)) in January-2017.

Interview

Seemed easy enough to schedule an interview. I was told I would receive a salary at this position. The company representative that contacted me to schedule the interview told me if I was hired I would have a salary. This turned out to be some what of a lie. At my interview, they referred me to the FAQ section of their poorly designed website. In this section it says everyone starts at an entry level position. They hold that FAQ section as a disclaimer for any untrue statements in their job postings.

If you value transparency from the place you want to work, then you may want to continue looking. Claiming you will be hired for at a salaried position and really meaning that you will be considered for a future salaried position is a very strange way of putting things. An hourly position with a very low rate is not a way to treat people.

They acted polite the entire process, but it's apparent that they only look to mislead and con people. If you still want to work here after reading all this, then you're a stronger person than me. If this is a representative from Self Made Marketing reading this, I hope you've taken some notes. Be upfront in your posting. I shouldn't have to go to your lousy website to see the fine print. Lying to me over the phone about the pay and then insulting my intelligence during the official interview by saying I didn't research well enough is just ridiculous.

Interview Questions

Self Made Marketing Response

5 Jan, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. All candidates start out at an hourly rate and then their pay will turn into salary once they grow with the company. An entry level candidate does not start out on... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.