Screwfix Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Screwfix Interview Questions

Updated 18 Feb, 2018

2.6

Vice President Interview

Interview

it was so fun that i went to the store and found my friend and then we went to the store and i was like you are the greatest ever in the whole wide world

Interview Questions

• what are the five places you eat?   1 Answer

Assistant Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yeovil, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Screwfix (Yeovil, England (UK)) in January-2018.

Interview

I first had a video interview where I was asked a few general/competency based questions. Within a day or so I had an email to arrange an in-person interview. I had two people interviewing me who were both very friendly and put me at ease. They asked questions about my recent course, my work experience. I spent at least half the interview asking my own questions. Very nice interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • How would you present financial information to non-finance people?   1 Answer

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Screwfix (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in December-2017.

Interview

I applied online. Received a quick telephone interview and the person I spoke with, was really friendly an put me at ease. I was then asked to come to the store for a face to face interview. Was interviewed by 2 people (Assistant Manager and Supervisor) Both really nice and again, I was made to feel at ease.

Everyone was really down to earth and I was told it could take until the end of the week, possibly the following week to hear back. I actually got a call that night offering me the position! I accepted my offer and I have nothing but positive things to say at the moment.
    Questions were typical competency based on customer service abilities and past experiences of doing so as listed in previous posts.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you have worked above and beyond to provide great customer service?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Screwfix (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in December-2017.

Interview

I applied online via their website, a few days later had a phone call for a telephone interview, was then told to come in to store for a face to face Interview after a few days I was phoned again with a job offer. Everyone seem polite and professional.

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Screwfix (Chelmsford, England (UK)) in December-2017.

Interview

I got a phone call from the store manager saying that they would like me to attend a recruitment day. I arrived early, however the screwfix staff were late which was fine as the venue was tucked away. Upon arriving however and discussing with some of the other candidates, most were not made aware it would be a whole morning and thought it would just be an interview which screwfix then apologised for. We were asked to go round the room and say a little about ourselves, we were then split into two groups. One group went off to complete interviews whereas mine stayed. My group was then split into two groups of 3 and 4 and we were asked to make a board game that would appeal to screwfix customers and then we were asked to answer questions regarding situations with customer service and how we would deal with them. The groups then swapped over and we were interviewed. The interview was relaxed and friendly. I received a job offer 10 days later via phone call and was even sent a post card welcoming me to the team!

Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Screwfix in December-2017.

Interview

I applied online. A short while later I received a telephone call inviting me to an interview at the store. I was interviewed by two assistant managers, who were both very relaxed and made the process casual and enjoyable. Interview questions were the usual for a customer service job. Nothing complicated or unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to keep peoples attention.   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blandford Forum, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Screwfix (Blandford Forum, England (UK)) in November-2017.

Interview

We sat around a table and was asked to design a board game w thought Screwfix customers/children would like . w had small number of materials at hand. w could also cut pictures out of screwfix catalogues. We chose monopoly...i found it difficult to have much input

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had to keep peoples attention, maybe giving a presentation or giving information out verbally. Why screwfix, what experience you have is for a job at screwfix   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Screwfix (Stevenage, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online, the took two weeks to reply. Was just a quick call to arrange an interview no telephone interview. The interview went exceptionally well and didn't feel intimidated.
    They made it out they were going to call me back by the end of the day. Took photocopies of both passport and national insurance card. Odd as they didn't offer me the job and wanted my time and preparation and didn't actually need my private information.

Anyway no call or reply even called up the bran h was told the manager would call back but he never did!

The staff looked friendly

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Screwfix (Colchester, England (UK)) in October-2017.

Interview

I applied online and after two-three days they called me and ask to come for the interview.
    On the Screwfix website they didn't tell anything about the stile and I choose smart casual dress code.
    When I came they gave me a few minutes in a stuff room to relax (my advice, if you'll have the same opportunity, look around yourself, you'll find a lot of useful information about people who work there and your future job), then was an interview.
    I spoke with two managers, they were highly professional and tried to relax me. Firstly, they describe future duties and some information about Screwfix and benefits, and only then asked questions. I found a lot of similar questions on this site, so read glassdoor before you'll go to the interview. After the interview they promised to call me if they'll accept me and send an email if not. In 5 days I have got a call.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Screwfix (London, England (UK)) in September-2017.

Interview

After applying online through their website, I was called by the store's manager. I had no idea there would be a telephone interview so this was definitely a shock but the questions were basic to just get an idea of how I spoke and if I was articulate enough etc.

Then they invite you to a real interview in-store. This interview was pretty long, 30 minutes? The questions are really standard to customer service jobs, but it's good if you prepare. I prepared well, so it wasn't too hard.

Then I got an offer pretty much the same day, but they rang to confirm the following day.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself
      Q: What does good customer service mean to you?
      Q: Describe a time when you used initiative.
      Q: Describe a time when you showed good teamwork.
      Q: Why screwfix?   Answer Question