Screwfix Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Screwfix Interview Questions

Updated 19 Jun, 2018

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Screwfix.

Interview

First step was an online application form with some questions, then a video interview process where you got 30 seconds to answer the questions. If successful the assessment day had a team exercise, individual presentation and interview.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Screwfix (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

I got a phone interview about a week after applying, this was just your basic questions such as why do you want to work here and also do you know where the store is located etc.. If successful, you should receive another phonecall asking you to come in for an interview. This was the best interview I’ve had, it was super laid back and the staff who interviewed me were really friendly and we had a laugh and they were impressed with my answers. I was told that I’d find out by the end of the next week but I got a phone call the next day saying that my interview was successful and they’d like to offer me a role with more hours

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to keep people interested in what you’re saying   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you’ve been distracted whether it be in work or school   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Screwfix (London, England (UK)) in April-2018.

Interview

The interview was simple and easy. Just the basic questions. None to throw you off. I was interviewed by the manager and had another employee taking notes of what I was saying. I felt it went well but still haven't heard from them a week later. Is it normal for them to take this long to get back to me?

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you have become frustrated due to others stopping you achieve a goal?   Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Screwfix (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)).

Interview

Asked to Completed basic test, checking numeracy, comprehension etc whilst id was being checked and photocopied. Then moved onto asking pretty standard and common interview questions regarding skills and experience. Moved on to giving brief tour of store, and that was it.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighouse, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Screwfix (Brighouse, England (UK)) in March-2018.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed, it took place in the canteen. I was interviewed by two people, one mainly asking the questions and the other taking notes, the interview lasted around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to relay some information to a customer?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Screwfix in January-2018.

Interview

The interview had a group of about 4/5 people in a group to create a game which had to be Screwfix themed, managers from other stores looked at our games and chose a winner from the bunch. We then got taken through into a waiting room and was sent 1 by 1 for a 1:1 interview. When we finished that we done a role play exercise, which was easy and responses were taken into account for the final decision. I was told within a week that I had the job and started about a week after. Overall the interview was easy and laid back compared to other interviews.
    Tips for the interview: be yourself, stay laid back but keen, enjoy yourself and know a lot about the company prior to the interview.

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Screwfix (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in December-2017.

Interview

I applied online. Received a quick telephone interview and the person I spoke with, was really friendly an put me at ease. I was then asked to come to the store for a face to face interview. Was interviewed by 2 people (Assistant Manager and Supervisor) Both really nice and again, I was made to feel at ease.

Everyone was really down to earth and I was told it could take until the end of the week, possibly the following week to hear back. I actually got a call that night offering me the position! I accepted my offer and I have nothing but positive things to say at the moment.
    Questions were typical competency based on customer service abilities and past experiences of doing so as listed in previous posts.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you have worked above and beyond to provide great customer service?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Screwfix (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in December-2017.

Interview

I applied online via their website, a few days later had a phone call for a telephone interview, was then told to come in to store for a face to face Interview after a few days I was phoned again with a job offer. Everyone seem polite and professional.

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Screwfix (Chelmsford, England (UK)) in December-2017.

Interview

I got a phone call from the store manager saying that they would like me to attend a recruitment day. I arrived early, however the screwfix staff were late which was fine as the venue was tucked away. Upon arriving however and discussing with some of the other candidates, most were not made aware it would be a whole morning and thought it would just be an interview which screwfix then apologised for. We were asked to go round the room and say a little about ourselves, we were then split into two groups. One group went off to complete interviews whereas mine stayed. My group was then split into two groups of 3 and 4 and we were asked to make a board game that would appeal to screwfix customers and then we were asked to answer questions regarding situations with customer service and how we would deal with them. The groups then swapped over and we were interviewed. The interview was relaxed and friendly. I received a job offer 10 days later via phone call and was even sent a post card welcoming me to the team!

Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Screwfix in December-2017.

Interview

I applied online. A short while later I received a telephone call inviting me to an interview at the store. I was interviewed by two assistant managers, who were both very relaxed and made the process casual and enjoyable. Interview questions were the usual for a customer service job. Nothing complicated or unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to keep peoples attention.   Answer Question