Screwfix Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Screwfix Interview Questions

Updated 15 Sep, 2018

2.5

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Screwfix.

Interview

I heard from a friend about a vacancy coming up due to 2 new stores opening up in the coming months so decided to go on Screwfix website.

As expected the postition was advertised, I had to submit a CV and take part in an online assessment which asked a combination of practical and experience based questions.

Around 2 days later I received an email which stated they would like to take the application further and to call to arrange a telephone interview with the recruitment team which I booked for the following day to show an interest and keen to impress attitude.

Before the telephone interview I did alot of research around the company and their expansion plans and culture, I would advise to visit a store to see it in operation.

During the telephone interview I was asked about my previous experiences, my attitude towards certain situations, what salary I would be interested in and a lot of compentacy based questions. It went well as I am already in a similar role at a different company.

Compliance to procedures seemed to be something that was targeted in the questions.

A day later I recieved a call from the recruitment team asking me to attend a face to face with the Area manager in one of the stores, due to the short notice I had to rearrange the interview to a suitable day.

On the day I dressed smart in a suit with the intention of showing that I was taking the interview serious. I arrived early, got signed in and spoke to some members of staff to get an idea on their responsibilities and attitude and then was ushered into an office with the Area Manager, after greetings we got to the questioning, alot of it was regarding what I would do in a certain situation and how my previous experience would benefit me. I was then asked about giving notice to my previous employer, my flexibility and some more compentacy based questions.

It went well, I advise to make yourself personable and presentable and to overall be passionate and knowledgeable.

I got the Job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told that Assistant Managers only have up to £22,000 depending on experience so asked for £21,000. When I recieved the job offer I was told I would be getting £21,500 so very happy.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Screwfix (London, England (UK)) in January-2017.

Interview

Applied online, next day had the interview. Very relaxed and informal. Just general interview questions asked by the manager, and assistant manager writing down the answers. It is a relaxed dialog rather than just answering their questions. It took roughly 1,5 hour. Normally interviews are stressful but this one was not at all.

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Screwfix (Blackpool, England (UK)) in June-2016.

Interview

I made an appointment for a phone interview with a guy who didn't sound bothered on the phone. The day and time of the interview arrived, after a couple of minutes I rang them.I was then told that the person interviewing me was not there and is away getting married and having his honeymoon. They took my name and number and said they would get the manager to call me. No such call came. Timewasters!!!

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you've got an interview?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Screwfix (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in December-2017.

Interview

I applied online. Received a quick telephone interview and the person I spoke with, was really friendly an put me at ease. I was then asked to come to the store for a face to face interview. Was interviewed by 2 people (Assistant Manager and Supervisor) Both really nice and again, I was made to feel at ease.

Everyone was really down to earth and I was told it could take until the end of the week, possibly the following week to hear back. I actually got a call that night offering me the position! I accepted my offer and I have nothing but positive things to say at the moment.
    Questions were typical competency based on customer service abilities and past experiences of doing so as listed in previous posts.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you have worked above and beyond to provide great customer service?   Answer Question

Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Screwfix in January-2017.

Interview

Applied through a job fair. Heard back after three days, had an interview two days later. I was then contacted a few days after the interview to say I've got the job. The Branch Manager and the Assistant Manager were both really friendly and nice and they put me at ease, I was a bit nervous. The store was busy when I arrived, so my interview started a bit late but that was completely fine with me.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right?   1 Answer

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Screwfix (London, England (UK)) in March-2017.

Interview

Very easy and official. Everything was by the book. Both the store manage and assistant manager interviewed me separately. Was pretty much made an offer on the spot and I gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do i want to work for Screwfix   1 Answer

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Screwfix (London, England (UK)) in July-2017.

Interview

I applied online then received a phone call inviting me for an interview 2 weeks later.The application form is really easy.It just asks for your information and CV.There was no phone interview just booked me in for a interview

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leyland, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Screwfix (Leyland, England (UK)) in October-2016.

Interview

Telephone interview lasting approx 10 mins, then invited to an in-store interview, where I was interviewed by 2 managers lasting approximately 30 minutes. They asked me about my experience, hobbies and why I applied to Screwfix.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an awkward customer you've dealt with   1 Answer

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Screwfix (Colchester, England (UK)) in October-2017.

Interview

I applied online and after two-three days they called me and ask to come for the interview.
    On the Screwfix website they didn't tell anything about the stile and I choose smart casual dress code.
    When I came they gave me a few minutes in a stuff room to relax (my advice, if you'll have the same opportunity, look around yourself, you'll find a lot of useful information about people who work there and your future job), then was an interview.
    I spoke with two managers, they were highly professional and tried to relax me. Firstly, they describe future duties and some information about Screwfix and benefits, and only then asked questions. I found a lot of similar questions on this site, so read glassdoor before you'll go to the interview. After the interview they promised to call me if they'll accept me and send an email if not. In 5 days I have got a call.

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Screwfix (Chelmsford, England (UK)) in December-2017.

Interview

I got a phone call from the store manager saying that they would like me to attend a recruitment day. I arrived early, however the screwfix staff were late which was fine as the venue was tucked away. Upon arriving however and discussing with some of the other candidates, most were not made aware it would be a whole morning and thought it would just be an interview which screwfix then apologised for. We were asked to go round the room and say a little about ourselves, we were then split into two groups. One group went off to complete interviews whereas mine stayed. My group was then split into two groups of 3 and 4 and we were asked to make a board game that would appeal to screwfix customers and then we were asked to answer questions regarding situations with customer service and how we would deal with them. The groups then swapped over and we were interviewed. The interview was relaxed and friendly. I received a job offer 10 days later via phone call and was even sent a post card welcoming me to the team!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.