Scotiabank Financial Advisor Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Scotiabank Financial Advisor Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Scotiabank

2.8

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

The process started with a video interview followed by a live telephone interview and concluded with a verbal offer. Took more than 7 weeks to conclude. The interview was conducted in a professional manner to out to rest any nervousness.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your strengths and weaknesses as they relate to the job applied for   Answer Question
  • Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer and the steps you undertook to alleviate the situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Hamilton, ON) in January 2018.

Interview

Was exactly as expected. It was with 3 branch Manager from Hamilton Market. They made me feel so comfortable. Coz of my previous experience with the bank , It was an easy cool interview..
    An advise to all applicants...
    Review all bank products, what you can bring to the table. How good are you with sales..

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation , where you went over and beyond customer service?
      Tell us about yourself?
      What would you do if u realize that you are behind your sales targets
      How would you rate your own performance?
      Sell yourself?
      Tell us a time where you faced an obstacle?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

3 parts:
    Round 1: online behavioural survey
    Round 2: telephone screening interview with an HR representative
    Round 3: in-branch "panel" interview (mine was with 2 branch managers)

Each consisted of easy, predictable questions, simple to answer as long as you ran through them in your mind. Round 2 was actually more intimidating than round 3... my panel interview was very casual and friendly, and more of a "conversation" type interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you have resolved a customer complaint in the past.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON) in October 2017.

Interview

I was originally recruited via LinkedIn by someone who wished to phone screen me. She completely missed the time that we had agreed on, and my phone calls to her during that time were ignored. This is unprofessional and rude. We rescheduled for next week. She was late for this call. During this conversation I was asked general questions about my sales abilities. The week after I was pushed along to HR for a one hour video call, which this person was also late for (unprofessional) and upon being honest about certain trends in the economy, she had decided herself to not consider me for the role I was applying for. A few days later I received a call from the same person during which she rudely pointed out to me why we would not be proceeding with my application and proceeded to point out my "incompetencies". She told me that if I wish to apply to other roles within Scotia, I may, but I could not apply to this position.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON) in September 2017.

Interview

I had one hour live video interview .I prepared my laptop .They sent an email for me and the online interview channel .I got dressed very formal.It took almost one hour.Generally was so positive.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Received a personality test and did a phone interview with one of the recruiters. The recruiter was not very friendly/engaging. It felt like I was talking to a machine. I applied to a few positions and shortly after I got rejected for the trainee role, I got rejected to the other positions too. I felt like the recruiter just removed me from the system because I did not please he/she and I wasn't the 'perfect' person by his/her standard. It was too subjective/biased in my opinion.

Anonymous Employee in Red Deer, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Red Deer, AB) in August 2017.

Interview

It is very long, the whole process took like 2.5 months and now I am still waiting for them to finish the last step which is the police check. The overall experience is very rewarding, very professional team and really hope I will receive the offer very soon.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past employment experience (going through your resume)?   Answer Question
    • What is a goal that you accomplished?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Waterloo, ON) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through the company career website, the process took 6+ weeks, I got an telephone interview. The interviewer was patient and willing to explain everything related to the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was quite friendly and polite. she promised to call back after 3 weeks, she said she was going to do some investigations and get back to me for another interview. she even discussed salary with me. l saw her missed call after 4 weeks, l called her back several times she never replied.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney River, NS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Sydney River, NS) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then I went through two telephone interviews, following which I was sent a personality quiz to submit and then had an in person interview with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to explain a difficult conceot to somebody and how you achieved it   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer and what their reaction was   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to interact with and help a new team member and how you accomplished that   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time when you overcame a great obstacle   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when procedures were changed and you weren't given much notice and how you handled that situation   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time when you had to persuade someone to see things your way   Answer Question
    • If you got the job What do you hope to accomplish your first day / month / first 3 months ?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.