Scotiabank Data Scientist Interview Questions

Updated Dec 3, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 9 of over 1.2k interviews

In Person11%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Scotiabank

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Scotiabank in Feb 2020

Interview

The first step was answering a few technical questions over video. You only had around 30 seconds for each answer. Next was an interview which asked some simple machine learning and python related questions, and then some logic puzzles.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between supervised and unsupervised learning?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON) in Feb 2020

Interview

1 hour and 30 mins for the whole interview process in downtown Toronto. Two interviewers, each for 45 minutes. They asked about past experience: projects and work experience. They also asked about basic principles in machine learning, and tested skills in writing codes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New Toronto, ON) in Jan 2020

Interview

Talking to company recruiter, meeting with hiring manager . I was told I should be hearing from the hiring a manger in terms of the technical interview however it has taken longer that what they told it will take. It can jeopardize my other job offer.

Interview Questions
  • General behavioral question, plus my opinion on how inclusivity can be improved

Scotiabank

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview

2-3 rounds, flexibility to interview over video. HR screening, followed by 2 rounds of technical interview. First round is a phone interview ~30 mins, 2nd round is a longer in person technical interview with easy but fundamental technical questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON) in Jul 2018

Interview

Had 3 rounds of the interview. HR, 30 mins technical phone interview and 1.5 hour on-site. Had all sorts of questions, regarding basic programming and SQL, machine learning concepts, big data and some behavioural questions. There were many questions from the resume as well.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Scotiabank

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Scotiabank in Jul 2017

Interview

30 minutes phone interview. All of them are technical questions. Some of them are computer science questions, some of them are statistics questions The process is very quick, takes about 4- 5 days.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Scotiabank

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview

I applied through campus recruitment, and was contacted for an interview via email. We set up a time for skype interview. Did not get the offer, and they let me know many weeks later.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between generalized linear model and general linear model?
  • Given a parameter you would like to optimize the function. What is the first thing you want to do

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON) in Jan 2017

Interview

After the preliminary round the Senior Manager of Decision Support and Statistical Sciences took intensive technical interview after which I was out! In preliminary round general questions about skill set and experience, information about company, and discussion about salary were done. Immediately after that I got a call to go for second round which was core technical. They said, if I clear this round then there will be skills review and coding round and probably that will be final before a general discussion with VP.

Interview Questions
  • 1) What is the most complicated R program that you have written?
  • 2) What is generally considered a trade-off in machine learning?
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON) in Jan 2017

Interview

Applied online, got an one-hour phone interview with HR after two month. got another phone interview with hiring manager. After one week, had an onsite interview with a senior data scientist

2 people found this interview helpful