Schlumberger Field Engineer Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Schlumberger Field Engineer Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Schlumberger

3.2

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2020.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to inform me that I was to be interviewed and would receive an email with the date and link to the interview. The interview was conducted via video and total of 10 questions are asked in which an applicant has to record themselves and answer each question in 60 seconds.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the field position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Shreveport, LA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

I initially had a general 1 on 1 interview on campus after my college's career fair. I was then selected to come to Shreveport, LA for an on site. The onsite was more informative than it was an interview. We gave presentations but they seemed low stress and there were exit interviews to help them understand what product lines and locations we preferenced.

Interview Questions

• How are you ready for the rigors of field engineering?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was recruited by a friend and quickly offered a phone interview. The phone interview was short and to the point. I was immediately asked if I would like to attend the group interview where I would be presenting with a group of 4 and listening to other presentations.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

You will be asked questions about your GPA and where you would like to work as well as if you are flexible for traveling, stay calm and be yourself as the recruiters are interested in seeing you without tensions.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

First round of interviews was on campus following the career fair. The interview is about an hour long. You get called back for a second interview about two weeks later. Second round is basically to see if you can function on little to no sleep. They make you stay awake till 4 am doing presentations and group activities. They expect you to wake up at 7 am ready to go on with your day. It's a two process. Get ready for the sleep deprivation.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to take a leadership role and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a conflict with a co-worker and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

First round was pretty straightforward behavioural questions, second round got flown out. They tell you that on the job you'll have to work 16 hour days, and they make the second round very intense to see if you can handle it. They often have a team presentation that they make you do as well that accounts for a fairly large portion of their decision.

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asia, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Asia, TX (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

first test with 5 sections math mechanics logics and 2 parts for fast answers
    then interview, which include presentation and team work task.you schlou build a construction that will b etall and stable

Interview Questions

• can you live together with men/woman while working?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

For the first interview, asked pretty straight-forward questions, but could tell they were just looking to fill a quota. Second interview was a group interview. They flew us out and had us do a two-day interview where they basically saw if you could work well in groups and present simple projects well enough. Also, kept us up until about 2 am to see if we could function.

Interview Questions

• Second interview: Present and answer questions on the topic of xx. Question given about a week in advance, not in anyone's area of expertise.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Denver, CO (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

On Campus HR interview followed by psychometric test and technical interview. Total interview length was like 2-3 hours. They also require you to do a presentation in your field of study. Be honest and do not try to bluff if you don't know an answer. Just say you will look up for it.

Interview Questions

• Technical knowledge and general HR questions like strength and weaknesses   Answer Question

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

I was approached to participate in a training program which encompassed in class training, rig site training, and on the job training. A thorough fixed step training process was presented and outlined potential career paths as one progressed through the training.

Interview Questions

• Having worked for the company only a short period of time, I was asked what exposure I have had to drilling tools and current working knowledge of said tools. I was also asked about my previous life experiences and what my strengths and weaknesses were.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.