SaskTel Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

SaskTel Interview Questions

Interviews at SaskTel

2.9

Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Regina, NM (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SaskTel (Regina, NM (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Got email for some assessment
    Complete that and they called for in person interview
    After that it was behavioural questions and talking about customer service and explained my past experience
    There were about 10 technical questions too

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SaskTel (Regina, SK) in July 2017.

Interview

It took 1 months to get assessment. Therefore 1 week to get phone interview call which i would say horrible to me. There was 3 section and i got selected for 2 out of 3. Open ended question was so hard to relate on that sales call interview.

Interview Questions

• Conducted interview as an outbound sales perspective situation   1 Answer

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SaskTel (Regina, SK) in October 2017.

Interview

The recruitment process started with Online skill test ( more of help desk and customer service), the typing test and reading and comprehension. After two weeks got a reply I passed the test, did a phone interview ( they asked basic networking questions (DHCP, IP). Then for face to face interview, it started with a brief tour of the call centre, I then met with two people managers. it was basically more of situational questions for a customer service agent. I did not give detail answers to the questions hence i didn't make it past this stage.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SaskTel (Regina, SK) in January 2016.

Interview

This is the first time I attend an interview.
    First there is a knowledge test. It's about regular expression. How to select a specific format of strings from several strings.
    Then there is a phone interview with HR, project manager. They just ask some general questions about me, the company and some skills they need. I get prepared about the general interview questions but I was too honest that some of the skills I answered NO to them. I hesitated for a moment and I said: oh...I'm not familiar with this. When you just need to answer yes or no to these questions, I think you should always answer YES.

Inbound Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SaskTel (Regina, SK) in August 2017.

Interview

Starts with online assessment which took me about 3 hours,then there was a phone screening,then a mock sales call.I didnot make it to the next stage.It seems they were just interviewing me as a formality knowing very well in advance who they were going to hire.It was a waste of my time

Inbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SaskTel (Regina, SK) in December 2013.

Interview

After submitting application, there was 2 online assessments, followed by a telephone interview, and 2 separate in person interviews (one with HR, and one with team leader) all in all the process took over 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• There weren't a lot of difficult technical questions, but there were a plethora of personal and behavioral questions   1 Answer

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SaskTel (Regina, SK) in April 2014.

Interview

The jobs were advertised to our class as an out-of-graduation hire into this position. However, when we got to the interviews, we found out it was positions in their call center instead. Basically, they lied to us.

Interview Questions

• It was years ago, I don't remember any specific questions they asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SaskTel (Saskatoon, SK) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online using the Sasktel application system. Waited quite a while for any response. Probably about 3 weeks after application I received an invite to complete a technical test (assessment) online.

I had 48 hours to complete the assessment which I did. Had to seemingly complete it like 3 times because their system kept giving errors. Finally completed it. Questions were very technical in nature and timed so even though you could potentially look up the answer on your home computer...you only have a limited time....questions ranged from programming / code to security to basic computing questions to html - all over the board. I have 14 years experience in I.T. and I had to just make an educated guess on some of them.

After the assessment (days later), I was contacted by email to arrange an 1:1 interview. Interview actually had 2 people asking questions. Obviously I passed the online assessment to get this far but didn't do well with the face to face questions. You really need to have a very good understanding of more than one facet of technology to answer their questions.

I was emailed less than 2 hours later that I was not successful.

NOTE: this is a CASUAL position. While the money may be decent, they openly admit that there are no guaranteed hours with this position. NONE. You could be working 30 hours one week and none the next. They told me the average is usually around 25-30 hours per week.(but not guaranteed)

When I asked about how long it might take to get off casual position to something full time, they spoke about how some staff are working full time after the 8 years on the casual list. Now that may not be typical, but 8 years is a long time to wait for some semblance on job security.

Interview Questions

• Many technical questions about Windows and Apple operating systems. Also on networking etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Regina, SK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SaskTel (Regina, SK) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process took a lot lesser time than I expected. I applied for the position early August, and got an email for the online assessment within 10 days of my application. The online assessment took about 3 hours and was quite difficult. Even though I have over 10 years of experience in the IT industry, there were a lot of questions and technical terms used in the questions that I had never encountered. There were three kinds of assessments - grammar, typing speed, technical and behavioral.
    I received a call a few days later, informing me that I had cleared the assessment and would have a telephonic pre-screening round. This call took about 10 mins or so, and mostly had to answer basic behavioral questions and a few simple technical questions.
    Two days later I got a call to fix an appointment for a face-to-face interview with two managers.
    The managers showed me the floor, and the areas of work. They were welcoming and friendly and didn't make me feel nervous at all. The interview included multitude of behavioral questions and a few Windows and Apple OS related questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about SaskTel and its products?   Answer Question
    • What according to you is good Customer Service?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between Static IP and DHCP?   Answer Question
    • How would you check the latency of your connection on Windows?   1 Answer
    • How would you explain the concept of "Internet" to a child?   Answer Question

Customer Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SaskTel.

Interview

There were 3 rounds. The first was a online test with three parts: Service Technician Assessment, Spelling/Grammar Assessment and Reading Comprehension, and a Typing Test. Once you receive this email you have two days to do it. Make sure to keep track of the time, but its not too bad. The second is a phone call screeen where they will ask you why you want to work here, what is an IP address, what is DHCP, and a couple other basic questions. The third interview is in person with two other people. You will be asked various Windows and Apple questions, and if you do not know Apple products very well you may not get hired, that's what happened to me.

Interview Questions

• What is DHCP   1 Answer
    • What is an IP Address   1 Answer
    • What is DNS   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Explain what bandwidth is to someone who doesn't understand technology and how would you make sure they understood   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.