Find jobs for Quality Assurance Engineer

Sandvine Quality Assurance Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 101 interviews

Recruiter20%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandvine (Waterloo, ON)

Interview

Average difficulty. It all happens on one day. Networking plus algorithms. I would prepare on routers, switches, hubs, and the different layers of networking model (L1, L2, L3, L4, L7==Application). Think about how you would test networking products too!!!

Interview Questions
  • Explain how internet works. Write some basic functions that operate on lists/arrays.
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandvine (Bangalore) in May 2015

Interview

It was awesome overall. They will force to tell the answer which you don't know. They will make you feel comfortable. All rounds will have questions related to technical as well as aptitude.

Interview Questions
  • Question from our syllabus only, no out of syllabus questions as all students say.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandvine (Bangalore) in Jan 2015

Interview

Its a one hour interview process went on for 2 rounds. First one on the products what I worked on & the second was on Scripting which is related on Scripting Finally HR round on the Salary negotiation Overall it completed in 1.5 hour

Interview Questions
  • They have asked about my experience on various products & asked to explain the product in deep & various message level transactions & some scripting (TCL) related

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sandvine (Bangalore)

Interview

1st round telephonic by manager & tech lead some basic question about testing & current project. some question on scripting as i was working in automation side. Interview was around 1 hr. they asked complete my profile in detailed in telephonic round. then they called me for F2F interview. But in F2F one funny thing for me again the same Manager & tech lead came for F2F they don't have any in depth technical question so they again asked me my job profile & some management question. i was completely shocked for this F2F interview bcz same person again taking the interview they don't have any in depth technical question which usually every one expect. anyways after half an hour of interview HR came and she told me i can leave they will update the feedback. after one week also i did'nt get any feedback from HR when i called then they mailed me My profile is not matched with current requirements. it's really very funny in telephonic round it' self i explained them completely about my profile then after F2F they came to know my profile is not matching with their requirement. HR Experience also very bad they not communicate properly they not sending the mail for interview just on call they scheduled the interview. in my when i requested to send the mail for they told ok i will send the mail today evening but i didn't received any mail. then again i called then i received the mail. HR is not active very lazy.

Interview Questions
  • nothing is difficult it's very easy process :)

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sandvine (Bangalore) in Jan 2012

Interview

one telephonic followed by face to face; there main focus seems to be on problem solving and automation(tcl is a must, itcl is a plus). They have a unique testing infrastructure/ and a not so common technology so your previous experience counts for little. prepare tcl/networking concepts L2/L3/L7. any experience in DPI is also a plus.

Interview Questions
  • why you want to come to bangalore

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandvine (Toronto, ON) in Oct 2011

Interview

Applied online through university and recieved an invitation to a 1 on 1 interview. The interview was approximately an hour and it had a combination of behaviour and problem solving questions. Less technical but more puzzle solving type questions. Received an email a week after the interview with the job offer.

Interview Questions
  • You have 9 marbles which are all the same weight, except for one which is slightly heavier than the others. You also have an old?style balance, which allows you to weigh two piles of marbles to see which one is heavier (or if they are of equal weight). What is the fewest number of weighings that you can make which will tell you which marble is the heavier one ?
  • Write code to find duplicates in a sorted array and delete them.
  • What is the difference between a link list and a double link list and what is the difference between a stack and a heap?
  • Your friend has a program which he builds automatically each day. He is going away for 10 days and he asks you to look at the build results each day and let him know the day the build fails. He comes back on the 11th day and his boss asks him about the build results. You forget to monitor the build results and when you check on the 11th day, the result is a fail. How would you tell which day the build failed in the least number of tries by looking at the results.
  • A pizza delivery guy charges 10 dollar flat fee if he has to drive 10km. He charges 5 dollars extra if he has to drive 20 km or more. If he has to climb up steps to deliver he charges another extra dollar, and if there is a dog, he charges another extra dollar. List all of the different combinations.
7 people found this interview helpful