Salesforce Solutions Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Salesforce Solutions Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.6

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce in September 2020.

Interview

Online interview then demo to perform knowledge based tasks. Review material they offer. Good learning opportunity to gain insight into the business. Also helped give some insight into what they do a daily basis.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Irvine, CA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

The interview process here was very telling of the culture- friendly, open, and professional! I really enjoyed working through the process and working with the team. They made the process feel natural and very team-focused. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the Salesforce employees, interviewers and culture.

Interview Questions

• There were questions about previous Salesforce experience, why you think you would be a good fit, why you are interested in the role, etc. There was also a mock demo. Plenty of mentoring and tools were provided for this exercise, and it was actually a very enjoyable experience. The hiring manager and others provided plenty of guidance and made themselves available for questions.   1 Answer

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Tampa, FL (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

The process was the most professional and cohesive I have ever experienced. I have worked for companies with 50 employees and 50,000 employees, and this was by far the best experience. Several 1 on 1 interviews followed by a presentation of the Salesforce product and product demo to a panel of executives. Panel was stressful.

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions, but also important to know the SF product   1 Answer

Solution Engineer Interview

Interview

Very friendly recruiters and interviewers, had three 30 minute interviews by phone and then received my mock business case for my panel interview. I was assigned a coach for the panel interview and we had two calls, one of which was a "dry run" for the panel. Panel Interview Lasted 40 minutes and is designed to explore your customer facing skills.

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you think you will face at Salesforce?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

I had four rounds of interviews. I spoke with the hiring manager and a few team members during the first three rounds. The final round was a case study that culminated with a presentation to a panel of the seven SE's that I had spoken to. You're assigned a coach that is super helpful in the process, and had me well prepared. Overall it was a really good experience. All of the team members are super helpful and insightful. The case study requires time to prep for, but it is absolutely worth it as it helps to paint the picture of a day in the life of an SE.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

The process was well organized and responsive. The corporate website, LinkedIn article, and other reviews on this site were accurate about the process. Each interviewer resulted in immediate feedback, and if you were to progress to the next step. All Salesforce / MuleSoft staff were professional and engaged. A comfortable amount of emails, confirming schedules / logistics along the process, kept me informed.

There were four phone or video interviews, each ending in go / no-go result. Feedback was quick and helpful.

The fifth interview was a self-prepared presentation, prepped with coaching by a current employee. My presentation was delivered on-scene at the MuleSoft metro Atlanta office. It was a panel forum, with staff on-site, and others via vidcon.

In summary, be prepared, and learn as much about the company and product as you can.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

TLDR: Remote interview with hiring manager, followed by remote interview with technical screen, and finished up with an in-person presentation to a panel of five people.

The entire process took several months to complete, though this might have had more to do with their waiting on a head count to be finalized. Everyone is very transparent, which I appreciate. I was told they were interested in interviewing me, but did not have a finalized head count, so it was possible that even if they wanted to extend an offer, a position would not be available. A lot of companies aren't transparent about this and prefer to keep a backlog of potential employees.

I come from an application development background, so while I am used to interviews involving in-depth questioning about the stack (.NET in my case), white-boarding, and writing sample code, presenting a pre-sales pitch is foreign to me and made this more interesting/difficult.

Thankfully, the entire process is well structured. I was provided with a basic scenario, and given a month to familiarize myself with the product as well as prepare my presentation (slide show + demo). During this process, I was assigned a mentor in the form of a Senior Solution Engineer to help me with any roadblocks. Overall I enjoyed the experience and left having felt it worthwhile, regardless of the outcome.

Interview Questions

• If you put something on your resume, expect that they'll find someone with the necessary background to question you during the technical screen. The panel should feel more like a dialog rather than the stuffy, memorized slide-show presentations that you're familiar with from school.   1 Answer

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

There were 4 steps in the process: First was the phone screen with a recruiter, next was a call with Hiring Manager followed by a call with a team member, ending with an in person panel presentation that you matched with a mentor to get prepared for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when working with a client things did not go as planned. How did you handle it and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

It was such a positive process and I'm really excited to join the team. The interview process followed the following format:

1. Call w recruiter (screening interview)
    2. Call w hiring manager
    3. Peer panel (in person/ office visit)
    4. Manager panel (virtual)
    5. Final presentation on a Salesforce product (case study)

The recruiter and hiring manager were so engaging and present for me every step of the way. Truly felt like I was making the right decision right from the start and everyone was so kind and engaging throughout the entire process. For interviews 1-4, it was the typical questions (tell me a little about yourself, why Salesforce, why this role, etc...) For interview 5, I got paired with a peer buddy to help navigate the final presentation/case study. Once I got the case study my hiring manager paired me with a peer buddy and we had a call to review and go over any questions. Definitely received a ton of support throughout the process.

I was almost discouraged by the process because when reading through the reviews it seemed so intense; however, I found that after each interview round I was even more excited and engaged. The level of support that I received from the recruiter, hiring manager, and peer buddy was unparalleled and I truly felt like they wanted me to succeed every step of the way.

I ranked the process as difficult but only because there are so many steps. I cannot stress enough that there was a ton of support every step of the way! Also worth noting, I don't have experience using Salesforce. I learned everything through Trailhead and Google. Moral of the story: don't be discouraged.

Interview Questions

• Why this role?
      Why Salesforce?

For final presentation:
      What are the benefits of moving to a cloud-based solution?
      How does salesforce enforce security for users? Is it configurable?
      Is the sales process configurable?
      How difficult is it to build a report?   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Eight 30 min to 1 hour video conference interviews with a 1 hour panel presentation on last interview based on specific use case. Was assigned a manager to guide me through the long interview process as Salesforce asks a lot of your time. Manager really went out of his way to set me up for success!

Interview Questions

• Work experience related to product. Areas of improvement in product and why Salesforce product stands out   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.