Salesforce Sales Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Salesforce Sales Development Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.4

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, they ask you questions about why you want to be there and what makes you qualified. Nothing too crazy. They have you speak to a current rep first and then the panel comes in. If you do well, you get the call a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Explain what the cloud is and why it benefits companies to use it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They claim there are no negotiations. This seems to be false considering all new hires are paid more than tenured reps in the same position.

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Mateo, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Referral. Salesforce is a great company from what I know about it. But the recruiter that I got stuck with was highly unprofessional and a bad representation of the company. First off, for the phone screen scheduling she emailed the same email twice after I had responded (perhaps because she had deleted the first email). This was not a big deal. Onto the phone interview we finally scheduled, the tone of the entire conversation was as if she had her selection of candidates already and this was a formality. She constantly interrupted me on EVERY response I had and even went as far as to say that she has far more better candidates than myself. Inappropriate as much, explaining herself that she is looking for this and that in the role and not letting the candidate speak at all is simply bad recruiting and highly unprofessional.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in October 2018.

Interview

It was a very good back and forth interview. They ask you a lot about what you did in your old job and why you want to join salesforce. Also they ask to show your sales skills in some type of role play.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain salesforce to someone that is not tech savy?   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I had a great interview experience! After a couple of phone calls with recruiters, the process was relatively quick. I came in for an in person interview and was able to see the office and meet some of the Sales team; then, I heard back within a few weeks about their decision. They really try to get to know you and it was very conversational.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe Salesforce to someone who has never heard of it before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

The hiring process was an overall great experience. The feedback and communication throughout the process through managers and recruiter was so positive and timely. The first interview was with the recruiter. The second interview was a phone call with the sales manager learning more about your sales background and why you want to work at Salesforce. The final interview was with the sales manager and director in person which was so informative about why Salesforce is the company it is today! I learned so much about the culture and what makes the company the best.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Denver, CO (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

I can not compliment Salesforce's interview process enough. The process was clearly communicated from start to finish, and I felt complete transparency with each individual I talked to throughout the process.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Denver, CO (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

I must say, if nothing else, Salesforce is very transparent about with candidates throughout the entire process. I had tried applied to a number of different positions over the course of 2 years but was never successful until an employee referred me.

A recruiter will contact you to set up a phone interview, at this time you talk about your background and qualify the candidates qualifications. After you pass the phone interview you may be invited to whichever city you apply to for an in-person interview, but be prepared to cover all of your own expenses. You will be sent "Prep Materials" prior to your interview about the company and the position. It's a LOT of info, but all of it will prove to be useful (Success come when Preparation meets Opportunity, right?). MY recruiter was great with answering any and all questions I had and letting me know what to prepare.

During my interview, I sat with 2 Sales Managers and the conversation was great and it honestly felt more like catching up with 2 friends that you haven't seen since grade school. Not intimidating at all. (My interview was on a Tuesday) At the end of the interview I was told that I would hear back one way or another by the end of the week. I received a call back 2 days later from my initial recruiter asking how did it go and how did I feel about the interviewers before extending the Full-Time offer. Before hanging up I had to give a verbal Yes or No.

The only downside about this position is that the company does not offer Relocation Assistance for SDR's. so be prepared to front your own start-up and moving expenses if you are not in the city where you are applying.

Before I was extended an offer I was quite satisfied with the overall experience even if I had not been offered. Out of all the companies I've interviewed with, communicated with, or spoken to,
    Salesforce definitely goes above and beyond (with the exception of Relocation) to make sure that the new hires are prepared and feel apart of the "Ohana."

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your Sales calls when you have a build-up from the previous day?   Answer Question
    • How would you work with a manager where you had strong personality differences?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

I had an employee referral. After applying with the referral, I heard from a recruiter about 3 days later. It was a very fast process. From the time I was in contact to the time I was made an offer it was 3 or 4 weeks. I did a phone screen with the recruiter and was brought in for a face to face with the hiring managers. It was 45 minutes with the two hiring managers and 30 minutes with two teammates. The recruiter will give you some materials to review and hints on how to prepare for the interview. If you follow that you should do okay! It was pretty intimidating but it follow what the recruiter had prepared me for.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Quick Process- I was referred by a current employee then spoke with a recruiter the next day. After the interview, I was invited to meet with the team in person. Everyone was very welcoming and excited to answer any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• What would be the biggest risk if we hired you?   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Recruiters were very friendly and informative, and passionate about Salesforce. They knew the product and the process, and were able to answer all the questions I had about the two. They also could easily articulate why they come to and are still at Salesforce, and in a way that made the company that much more attractive as an option. Overall a great process, bummed I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Salesforce? What were the sales metrics of your previous job.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.