SMART Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

SMART Technologies Interview Questions

Interviews at SMART Technologies

2.8

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies.

Interview

The first round of the interview process involved a digital recorded interview, the next round was a Skype interview with the hiring manager, and the final round was a mock training session which required the development of a workshop file using SMART software.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been involved in an educational implementation plan, within education technology or otherwise?   Answer Question

Receptionist Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

The recruiter for this company is awful. She initially contacted me by phone and email to schedule a time to discuss the job. Scheduled a phone interview with me and did not call at scheduled day and time. I sent follow up emails to reschedule the phone interview. She told me by email that she would contact me with the day and time for a new phone interview. Finally, the next week I called her her office in Canada and finally talked to her about job. All the while, she keeps mentioning how busy she is and has run to another meeting. How rude and unprofessional. I get in person interview. The staff members I talked to were nice. Standard interview questions. Job was not offered to me. Okay, that is fine. A month later the recruiter finally sends me an update about the position. A month later.

Interview Questions

• How do you update an Excel spreadsheet in a PowerPoint presentation?   1 Answer

Education Solutions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview with company recruiter first, District Manager second, do a presentation of 30/60/90 day plan with a team for the third interview. They gave a timeline to communicate, but did not keep to it and did not respond to inquiries. This was not the fault of the recruiter as much as the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

• Very focused on time management and customer service. Wanted to know a typical day and week   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR via email requesting time for a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by HR. I felt the interview went well and was told the next step would be an in-person interview with the two hiring managers. After several days, I had not heard any feedback and had another job offer to consider. I checked in with my contact and was enthusiastically ensured I was a viable candidate. They asked if I could hold off the other job offer for a week (which I did). They asked my interview availability (which was open). The week came and I did not hear from them so I went with the other job offer. This was unfortunate as I do think I would have enjoyed this position.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were fairly standard, but in depth. It was a good give-and-take conversation and I felt like I learned alot of about the position. There is not one question that stood out. There were no behavioral interview questions. However, when I asked, they said there would most likely be behavioral interview questions with the hiring manager.   Answer Question

Ed Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Brief Phone Interview with HR Manager for 20 minutes to review skills and personality.Very friendly and easy conversation style interview. It was phase one of the interview process and was informed that I would be contacted via email within 48 hours as to their decision to move to a phase 2 interview which would involve a 1 hour Skype interview with HR Manager and District Manager. HR did provide email of their decision within 48 hours.

Interview Questions

• What do you like and dislike the most about your current job.   Answer Question

Tech Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies in April 2014.

Interview

Terse, slow, and red flags were raised. A little dry and less revealing than others. Convoluted and often indecisive . But a great place to get a practice exam but not deeply technical. Flying to HQ is a good idea. More team members participating would allow for more insight into the culture.

Interview Questions

• Lots of probing questions about personal life seemingly to to avoid work/life balance.   Answer Question

Educational Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SMART Technologies.

Interview

Initial interview with direct supervisor was excellent. Great report, very professional and informative. Second interview over Skype was challenging. With two others. wasn't clear their relationship to person being hired. referred to job description being emailed to me ahead of time, but I never received it. made it difficult to sound like I knew what I was talking about.

Interview Questions

• asked to create a presentation on a topic, wasn't clear what the topic had to do with the position.   Answer Question

ESM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SMART Technologies in July 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with corp recruiter, then District manager, then phone interview with National Sales manager and then the offer. Took place over the course of about two months and was a pretty easy process back then. I was very excited about the prospect of working for SMART at the time as it was just a case of leaving my old employee to find something new and exciting. I also knew that SMART was in trouble financially bit I was willing to take the risk for my career as it was and always will be a good mark on my resume!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, take it or leave it

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB) in July 2019.

Interview

This is the most rigorous interview process I have ever seen; I can't imagine they actually hire anybody using this process given that the company doesn't really do anything interesting anymore, and the compensation isn't very good.

(1) 1 hour video call with a classic LeetCode style problem. This was easy.
    (2) Write a ridiculous programming assignment and send it back to us. See below.
    (3) Come in and demo your program to the team for 2 hours, and run through a gauntlet of additional technical interviews with 2 to 3 person teams for another 3 hours.

This is a more rigorous interview process than Google, Apple, Facebook, Microsoft, and Amazon; all places that I have interviewed at before.

How can they expect someone to write this kind of code (see below) for an interview, especially for a company like this that has fallen so far since the original smart board? And for a $120,000/year CAD salary? Insanity.

Interview Questions

• Write a real time Chat application

- Secure registration / authentication (using Google or Facebook login, or similar)
      - CRUD chat rooms
      - Any user join/leave multiple chat rooms; persist preferences to a database
      - Store all messages sent/received in a database so that users get their history when they log back in, or can receive messages offline and see them when they log back in
      - Real time message delivery using WebSockets
      - Must support OVER 10,000 concurrent users, and you need to demonstrate that this works with some kind of load test (did they want me to pay money and spin up a cluster in Google cloud or something? Or did they just want me to increase the number of file handlers per process on my computer and somehow have it scale adequately on my dual core MacBook Air? Insanity.)
      - Licensing restrictions to MIT license???? Why would they care? Are they intending on using this code for their production systems after I give it to them?
      - Must be scalable, maintainable, testable

If I were scoping this kind of program for a real job, the MVP would be several dev weeks of work, including the planning/design portion. I've never met a single dev that could bang out something like this in a day or two from scratch. It almost seemed like they want you to write a bunch of free code for them to use in one of their internal projects.   1 Answer

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Vancouver, BC).

Interview

Got back to me a week after I applied on my University's site. Questions were tailored to my resume. 1 programming question was asked. Interviewer was very clear about the role I would play in the team.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.