SAS Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

SAS Institute Interview Questions

Interviews at SAS Institute

2.9

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in August 2015.

Interview

Plusieurs entretiens avec différentes fonctions (sales manager, marketing manager, finance, rh),
    SAS, comme tout employeur préfère ne pas se tromper mais leur processus de recrutement fait également partie de l'onboarding, laissant une impression de faire partir de la société avant de signer un contrat de travail.

Summer Internship Interview

Interview

The process involved a HireVue interview that was coordinated by email. It was a short interview that had prompts given and you recorded yourself answering them. It took about 15-30 minutes to complete.

Interview Questions

• How will your previous experiences make you a good candidate for this role?   Answer Question

SWE Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SAS Institute.

Interview

A classic software internship interview experience. Very friendly recruiter. They sent over a HIREVUE assessment as the first screening step after I applied. They also sent reminders to fill it out, which was nice of them. I didn't complete the process because I got another offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAS Institute in September 2020.

Interview

1) Basic Screening
    2) Teams interview with hiring manager and senior dev. Basic questions related to past experience and skills/resume. No technical questions.
    3) 4 part panel interview. 1 part technical question, other 3 behavioral with team members. Mainly discussed past experiences and skills. Light technical questions

Interview Questions

• Describe Redux.
      Basic questions on past experience based off resume   Answer Question

Clinical Pharmacist Interview

Interview

There was first a phone screening with the hiring manager, then an on-site interview. Asked to give a presentation and a few different panels with questions from groups of interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Asked for how I would handle several different scenarios.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAS Institute in February 2020.

Interview

The first interview occurs through HireVue. They ask very generalized behavioral questions about you before moving you through the second round of interviews. There was 5 questions total, 4 were online recordings with two attempts to record, and one was a free-response question.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you didn't meet a deadline and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Advisory Academy - Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

First round was a video interview with simple behavioral questions. Second round was on-site. I had to prepare a presentation and there was a 10-minute whiteboard session, in addition to some more traditional interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Draw a possible infrastructure/architecture for a scenario   Answer Question

Junior Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAS Institute.

Interview

Interview was done entirely online. Downloaded some software to answer some questions, no actual human interaction. In fact, I just watched a bunch of videos and answered them. Obviously did not pass the first round of interviews lol. A bit frustrating, as I waited quite a bit of time for them to send the link.

Interview Questions

• What is something you've done that's not listed on your resumé?   Answer Question

Manager Data Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute in December 2019.

Interview

I was emailed 3 scenario questions and asked what I would do and why. The phone interview was about a week later. Two people conducted the interview. It was a typical good cop - bad cop. One of the interviewers was a manager (potential co-worker) and the other a developer (potential team member). The manager barely allowed the developer time to ask questions. In her asking, she put my qualifications down as an intro to some of her questions. I tried to be detailed in my answers to offset her negativity toward me, but was cut off and told to keep it short. They asked too many questions for the hour given and I sincerely feel that it is not the best way to screen individuals. Sometimes the answers have reasons, the individual person is more than just a "yes" or a "no" and they were not interested. The manager is over-bearing.

Interview Questions

• One of the email questions was: You are asked to deliver two high profile projects that will exhaust your team's capacity, what do you do?
      The phone questions were set up with negativity, such as "I know you're not a manager, and have no experience with it, but...." and "I don't see you having a masters degree, or getting one soon, but...".   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I started with a video interview. Then lead to a phone interview. The process took about one month. They did take a while to reply after the first video interview but the actual interview process was short.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.