S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions

Interviews at S&P Global Market Intelligence

Multi Lingual specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in August-2016.

Interview

I applied through an offer on Linkedin, then had a first interview with two members of the Europe team. After this interview, I came for written tests and I was called back for another interview with the team manager. A couple of weeks later, I had a final interview with the departement manager, and they said they would give me an answer in a week maximum. Unfortunately, they got back to me 3 weeks later when I already accepted another offer somewhere else.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in November-2015.

Interview

Applied through SNL online portal via an alumni reference. Got a call a couple days later to set a phone screen with HR. After that I did another phone screen with a Manager and finally did a 4 person phone interview (~2 hrs). The process took about 2.5 weeks and went extremely well. The people were fantastic, informative, and totally transparent about the hiring process. SNL has a refreshingly well crafted screening process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job?   3 Answers
    • What about your past experience makes you qualified?   1 Answer

It was a tough decision but in the end I decided to go a totally different direction career wise.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Boulder, CO (US)).

Interview

Call with recruiter, followed up by call with hiring manager and then in-person interview with team - three separate conversations with multiple team members.

While the initial interview process went smoothly, three separate deadlines came and went after the in-person interview without hearing any feedback, despite following up with multiple members of the process. Was really disappointed at the lack of communication after being considered a finalist and having a very cordial in-person interview. Not sure where the breakdown occurred, but I felt it was unprofessional to be left in the dark for so long.

Interview Questions

• Relevant questions related to previous experience and how skill set would translate to requirements of the role - describe experience working with Excel and other software programs and ability to maximize results within those.   Answer Question
    • What is your knowledge/background in analyzing energy markets? Do you have an understanding of how different utility markets function?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Princeton, NJ (US)) in May-2015.

Interview

I got an email from HR after I applied for this position on University Portal. Scheduled a phone interview next week with another Software Engineer. It went well, basically asked to introduce myself followed by couple of question on data structures & algos. Got a mail from HR for the onsite interview couple of days later. Scheduled it the following week. Was given a test which the standard process I believe with 40 mins to complete it. After 40 mins the hiring manager came in took a look over the test, didn't go through the code. He was interested in the OO design ques in the test. Started asking about it & later he got into logic ques. All he wanted to see is how good my logic is, which if I would have been prepared for, would have been good. It didn't turn out well. The next couple of rounds were just the oral technical questions & behavioral. Those consisted of questions from databases - joins, groupbys & oops concepts etc.

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Richmond, VA (US)) in August-2017.

Interview

The 1st half of the interview was as to be expected for the position. The second part of the interview was done with a contracted hiring consultant who was only interested in personality and not skills, experience or qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Asked about past experiences in the filed.   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Interview

Had lunch with the team. Talked about company culture and the future they foresee. Talked about my past job experience as well as our interactions. Talked about the stocks and markets in general. It was a nice crew. Good meal too.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First interview was a phone screen, which covered the basics of object oriented design. Second interview came a couple months later and was on site with three individual engineers. This interview was bit more in debt, it involved 3 questions related to algorithm design, application design and a high level implementation the database objects required to store the applications data with the correct normalization. The questions were quite manageable and came from regular scenarios which would occur in most enterprise solutions. The last interview was over the phone and was strategically focused on the technologies that position required. Mostly focus on SOA and the Microsoft stack which can be used to build these type of solutions.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers asked about database isolation and optimizing a process which will have a high level of concurrency. This was not difficult for me but was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had a pending offer and they matched it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in October-2014.

Interview

Three interviews:-
    1. First Round(phone) :HR based interviews with general HR questions and provided a coding Quiz(Fraction point).

2. Second Round(phone): Interview with the hiring manager, general questions about my experience and courses taken at school. Discussed about my projects and how I could improve it now, and also went over the quiz.

3. Third Round (on-site) : 3 Round interviews with 4 different people(two in the last round). First round asked general question for 10 mins and provided to a coding quiz to be solved in 45 mins.

It had 4 questions ,all Data structures and OOPS based.
    1.Least Common Ancestor in a BST.
    2. Merging two sorted lists.
    3.How to Designing cache to return data faster (solution-hashtable) and how to improve it with multiple requests(multi-threading..)
    4. How to design vending Machine.

Second Round, the interviewer went over each solution and asked questions around the problem, improvements, and running times.

Third Round, two interviewers went over OOP, Design Patter, multi-threading, etc. Asked me to design and write codes for a Deck of cards for Blackjack, and some features of BlackJack Game(shuffling, players, giving cards to each player, etc).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated starting date.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in October-2014.

Interview

I applied online on my school's Job link. It is an on campus interview and I was asked to finish 4 programming questions in 30 mins. And the interviewer went through those 4 question with me together.

Interview Questions

• Design a Cache to store stock information.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

This varies depending on the level - be prepared to answer core questions about Microsoft tools like C# and SQL Server

Solid knowledge of OO design principles is important and try to be concise as some interviewers will write you off if you keep jabbering.

I did not come across any general knowledge or other non technical questions but it is recommended that you brush up on what's happening in the industry to show that you are motivated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much. I liked their offer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.