Rue Gilt Groupe Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Rue Gilt Groupe

2.7

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rue Gilt Groupe (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

Did a phone interview with the internal recruiter and was set up for a round of in person interviews when they literally cancelled at the last minute and basically blew me off with no explanation

Interview Questions

• Phone interview was conducted by a recruiter who didn't seem to understand the position   Answer Question

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rue Gilt Groupe (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

The interview was with the Lead Photographer in the busy studio. She looked over my portfolio and website, asked some gerneral photo questions and then had me meet with HR. I got an offer later that week and accepted. Overall the experience was great as I had not ever been in an interview for a job (normally just show portfilio).

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have working with models and tight deadlines?   Answer Question

Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rue Gilt Groupe (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was smooth at first. Simple phone screening, then invited in for an interview. Had a full day interview for about 3 hours and met with 3-4 managers.

Assistant Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rue Gilt Groupe (New York, NY (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

I had been really interested in Gilt for a while and was excited to see they had planning positions open. I originally applied for a merchandise planner, but the recruiter said the team thought I didn't have quite enough experience yet, but asked me to apply for an assistant planner position. I was really excited and of course I'd do any job they wanted me to! I met with 4 different planners and had great interviews with everyone (at least I thought so...) but afterword it was radio silence. I emailed a couple of times to follow up and a month later the recruiter said they were still in the interview process but she'd definitely keep me updated. Well, I never heard back. It's been 3 months so I'm assuming I didn't get the job. I even checked Jobvite and it says my application is in process still. One of the Planning Managers mentioned during the interview that I was probably a little over qualified, so I guess that's why I didn't get it.

Anyway, I recently accepted a better position at a competitor. I would have LOVED to work here, but the whole leaving me hanging indefinitely kind of left a sour taste in my mouth. Hopefully that doesn't happen to everyone!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rue Gilt Groupe (New York, NY (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

There was a short phone screen done by a lower level recruiter, not very technical. The in-person interview was fine but I wasn't impressed. They did almost 100% conversation questions and very little working out of technical problems on a whiteboard etc. The interviews themselves were a little disorganized too. Had to do some waiting and met some people who clearly had no idea what position i was interviewing for or didn't know they were interviewing at all until 2 minutes before. That being said, seemed like smart people and I got along fine with them. Didn't get an offer because I accepted another offer before they had a chance to give me one (later that day).

Interview Questions

• Write a function in javascript that determines the angle between the second and hour hand on a clock given a time.   1 Answer
    • Write a simple javascript image carousel without any library code.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rue Gilt Groupe (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

Mostly technical, not particularly difficult. Partly it seemed like a checklist of skills was being searched for instead of a generally rounded engineer. Once you met some minimum skill set they were much more focused on ambition and interests. Overall a pretty good experience as long as you know what you want.

Interview Questions

• Design the architecture for a medium scale e-commerce website?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rue Gilt Groupe.

Interview

Recruited contacted online. Did the initial HR phone screen. Post that we had first round of telephonic screening collabedit. Interviewer was helpful and guiding in the interview. Would recommend to apply here, some good work happening.

Interview Questions

• Do level order traversal using BFS and DFS and return List<List<Node>>   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rue Gilt Groupe in April 2016.

Interview

I applied in mid April. HR got back to me a week after to set up a short introductory phone call. After the phone call (~10 minutes), HR set up an hour long technical interview where they give you a coding question on codeshare and ask you to solve the question while the tech recruiter on the phone watches as you're typing online. After the tech interview, tech recruiter said I would hear back in a few days, but its been over two weeks and still no response even after two follow up emails.

Interview Questions

• How to change the entries of all the nodes of an entire level of a tree given a tree and and a level k.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rue Gilt Groupe in August 2016.

Interview

The process seemed kind of unorganized. The first round was a technical telephone interview where the interviewer called half an hour late since he honestly thought the interview started half an hour later than it actually was scheduled for for some reason.

I thought it was pretty odd that HR scheduled an hour an a half interview, not sure if that was the reason for the delayed start time issue. The interview itself took like 30-40 minutes though.

Never got any follow up from HR after that.

Interview Questions

• Some basic HTTP knowledge, a tree problem, and some SQL   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rue Gilt Groupe (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Couple of phone interviews and video conference technical interview. Moved quickly. Technical interview seemed irrelevant to the position. Was rescheduled a couple of times but worked out in the end. Nice people all around

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.