Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor.ca

Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions in London, UK

Interviews at Royal Bank of Scotland

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The hiring process included a online test round clearance of which led to an offline coding round which had 2 questions, candidates had a choice to write the code in C, C++ or Java. This was seconded with a interview round where a panel of two asked the questions mainly based upon your resume and the general grasp of an individual on coding and problem solving was tested.

Interview Questions

• Build an e-retail company from scratch and describe the steps that you might take in doing so   1 Answer

Data and Analytics Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in November 2019.

Interview

It was a video interview. Was asked a couple of questions, mix of competency and company-related questions. You'll have enough time to prepare and answer the questions. Research on the compa6properly before proceeding with thr video interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you planned for an event and what was your thought process.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

One psychometric test for the first stage. Second stage involved two tests: one logical test and one numerical test. Third stage was a recorded video interview which involved 7 questions, each question giving you 120 seconds to prepare an answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you built and maintained a relationship in order to deliver something.   Answer Question

Product Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1 round interview for post qualified accountant, some technical questions mixed with competency, nothing out of the ordinary. As long as you prepare well, you'll be fine.

Interview was around 1 hour with one line manager and one senior manager.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Online application, followed by 2 part assessment. 1st most likely least likely type scenarios 2nd part basic maths questions.
    After passing this a video interview is done, 5 questions.
    1) why you want to work for rbs
    2) what you know about the role
    3) competency question when you changed your approach to handling a changing situation
    4)when you provided excellent service
    5)your shown video of call being taken and asked to give feedback.
    Having passed the video stage you are invited to face to face interview which js also a 2 part interview. Competency based and what you know about values and rbs (do a lil research) and how u fit in and why you applied. Followed by competency based question when you worked in team, examples of when u made a change etc. They go away mark yout interview and if you pass then u do a role play of call being taken. Fairly straightforward given time to prepare and then act out call query. Promote the service etc.

Interview Questions

• competency based questions on team work and communication and values   1 Answer

Data and Analytics Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

This was honestly the worst recruitment process I have ever experienced. I applied for this programme on 31st October 2018 and immediately was asked to complete a situational judgement test. About a week later, I found out I passed and then was asked to complete a numerical reasoning test, which was actually pretty difficult compared to some other ones I've done, as well as a logical reasoning one, which again was fairly difficult. I then got an email, I think that same day, saying I passed but they were benchmarking my results before deciding whether to progress me to the next stage. A month later, I am invited to a video interview (all questions below) which was pretty straight-forward, however I was really nervous so made sure to prepare extensively (for about two days). I waited literally 2 months before hearing anything back from them, even though I emailed them asking for updates and all I got was generic responses. Finally, I get invited to an assessment centre with THREE days notice, clearly showing I was simply kept 'on reserve' in case anyone else dropped out. I still said yes because I'd got this far and wanted to find out more about the company since I'd basically heard nothing from them throughout this whole process. The one good thing throughout all this is that they paid for my travel in advance, so at least I wasn't wasting money getting into and out of London. On the day, my trains and tubes were delayed, which was clearly beyond my control, and I was given no email, or phone number, apart from the general ones, which I could contact in the case of an emergency, and even when I finally got to the reception of the building, there was no response once again when the receptionist called to have someone come down to get me. After being kept waiting without any further information or even a message to be passed on to me, I was left with no choice but to leave.

I had to clear my whole week to be able to plan my travel and prep for this day since I obviously didn't remember much from what I'd previously done considering I'd heard nothing for about 2 months, and yet I wasn't even treated with the tiniest bit of respect, not even a message to be left to me for when I got to the reception, even to tell me that I was indeed too late. I've literally heard nothing from this company throughout this whole process which to me is just so odd. It's now been 4 days since the assessment day and I've still heard nothing from them despite sending them several emails. At the end of the day, I guess it was a blessing in disguise, because if this is how disorganised and rude their recruitment process is, I dread to think how they actually treat their graduates once they're hired.

Interview Questions

• 1) What would you tell your family and friends if they asked why you applied to RBS?
      2) What aspects of RBS’ values, culture, products or services appeal to you the most and why?
      3) Tell us about a time when you used technology or a digital approach to try and do something differently? Make sure that you describe: How you came up with ideas, what technology you used, what the impact was on you and others, and what you learnt from the experience.
      4) Tell us about a time when you had to work quickly but still deliver something that was great? We’re keen to understand: How you felt about the timeline, how you met your deadlines, how you continued to deliver great work, and what you learnt during this time.
      5) Tell us about a time when you used multiple sources of data or information to make a decision? Make sure that you describe: How you gathered the information, what factors you thought about, and how you came to a decision.
      6) Tell us about a time when you built credibility and trust with someone? Please describe: How you understood what they wanted or needed, how you showed your integrity and credibility, and how you knew you had built credibility.
      7) Tell us about a time when you have shared information to help others succeed? We’d like to know: How you built relationships with a variety of people, how that impacted the outcome, and how you communicated and shared information.   Answer Question

C# Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

The first stage was a phone-screen with the hiring manager. He asked various questions regarding the compiler and various language specific questions.

The second stage was a face to face interview with the hiring manager and later on - two developers. We discussed my current projects and their architecture. The interviewers have asked a questions regarding each part of the system (e.g. database, message queue).

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in July 2018.

Interview

I interviewed with the head of legal specialist product and business and her manager. Her conduct (head of legal) was unprofessional and borderline insane. I requested for some water as it was a hot summer day. She commented that she brought her own cup of water, made no effort to get me a glass of water. Her manager had to take the initiative to get me some water. At the end of the interview she shouted at me "OK" to indicate that the interview had ended. She then proceeded to walk out of the meeting room and battle with the door. I was glad when I did not get an offer. The last thing I want to do is work for an crazy manager. One would think that a company that has the government owning 75% of the shares would hire at least professional employees!

Interview Questions

• Mainly situation based questions e.g. how have you worked for a difficult person/situation   Answer Question

Business Analyst/Changer Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very slow but very thorough procedure for recruitment. Takes too long, too old fashioned. The interview process, however, is rigorous and very selective. It doesn't seem biased either and I think it would be OK to say that most interviewers are capable of the interview, although not all

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

Interviews are competency based and the interviewer will want to understand why you want to work for the organisation, what value you can bring to the role and that you have the correct skills

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.