Rolls-Royce Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Rolls-Royce Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct, 2017

3.4

Project Management Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in December-2015.

Interview

1) Exercice de groupe : choisir entre plusieurs produits et devoir le vendre auprès d'investisseurs (plus de 5 recruteurs en face : impressionnant !)

2) Présentation préparée à l'avance et questions globales.

3) Etude de cas afin de voir la démarche de raisonnement (pas de connaissances en gestion de projets requises : ils définissent tous les termes techniques)

4) Test numérique (en anglais) pour vérifier l'authenticité de nos tests en ligne

Interview Questions

• Q : Quels sont les clients de Rolls-Royce ?   Answer Question
    • Q : Quels événements récents pourraient avoir un impact sur le business de Rolls Royce ?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I was contacted by an engineer in management after he had received my resume. He promptly emailed me to arrange an interview in person at the plant. I interviewed and was given a tour of the plant.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

One behavioral interview. Asked a lot of behavioral questions and took about half an hour. It was a phone screen interview and the interviewer was very nice. Had a good conversation about what I want to do at the firm.

Supply Chain Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (East Lansing, MI (US)) in September-2017.

Interview

I applied online and was selected to interview on my school's campus. I was interviewed by 2 people for half an hour, the questions were mostly behavioral and were not too difficult to respond to.

Interview Questions

• What current events are going on in the economy or world that could have an impact on Rolls-Royce's operations, and what would that impact be?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN (US)).

Interview

The hiring process took about 10 weeks from application to offer acceptance. It was the most unorganized process I've ever experienced, but I'd like to think this is due to 1 inefficient recruiter.

Applied in August and received an email request for a phone interview 2 weeks later. About a week later I received an email request from a different recruiter for a face-to-face interview in Indianapolis. Within a day or so they had organized my flight and hotel and forwarded me interview confirmation.
    I interviewed about a week later.
    The interview was easy. They asked questions about my background, told me about the position and their expectations and gave me a brief tour of the facility. Most of the discussion was me asking questions.
    The day after my interview I received an email from the initial phone interview recruiter stating that I will no longer be in contact with her (or the second recruiter) but will need to contact a new person going forward. okay....
    I received an offer the next day via phone, but didn't receive the letter for a week. I countered the very next day and didn't receive an update for a week. This negotiation untimeliness made this process extremely long and tiring. When I was lucky enough to get in touch with the new recruiter she was disorganized and untimely. We went back and forth over PTO, base salary and start date. Start date constantly changed because it took so long for them to counter.

Final paperwork was signed on week 10 and I started 2-3 weeks later.

CNC Machinist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Virginia Beach, VA (US)) in May-2017.

Interview

So far the process has been great! Great communication easy to follow instruction on how to prepare for the interview. Questions were answered immediately. Travel arrangements were set up in advance for me. Expectations were made clear and concise. Never had an interview so well organized.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walpole, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Walpole, MA (US)).

Interview

I had a phone screen with a recruiter in the Philippines. One of the questions was what is your total current salary with benefits and what do you want to be at? Later, the hiring manager on the phone interview stated that my salary was too high. There was a miscommunication there in that he did not understand the information provided to him was with benefits.

The phone screen was fairly easy with emphasis on general technical questions. I was informed that if they wanted to move forward they would be in touch within a week. I got a call the next day to schedule the interview.

The on site interview in Walpole, MA was a bit odd. It was with the hiring manager and the technical supervisor. They asked completely different technical questions from the first interview. It was obvious the technical supervisor didn't like my background experience despite the hiring manager being very interested in my background. They also when asked did not provide any details on benefits or any meaningful answers on workplace culture. I briefly met the boss of the hiring manager who also did not provide any information on the company's benefits package besides "we have an industry standard benefits package." This canned line was a huge red flag since I was looking for them to sell me on the above average 401k match policy employees have written about in company reviews within the past year. The plant tour was decent. While small, it was nice to see they were in the middle of upgrading the facility.

In the end, I was OK with not getting an offer due to all of the red flags and non answers I got.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in January-2017.

Interview

All over the phone. Pretty relaxed. First interview was with HR, the second was with the actual hiring managers. It was all over the phone as well. Over all, pretty easy going interview process.

Interview Questions

• 1st round- more behavioral questions than anything. Know current events effects Rolls Royce.
      2nd round- more casual. Less behavioral, more about the position and accounting based questions. Along with relevant experience.   Answer Question

Senior Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in January-2017.

Interview

Started with qualifying phone interview, then brought in to meet hiring manager and be tested on Cyber threat test cases. Month later brought in to meet UK Cyber manager. Started a couple months later.

Interview Questions

• Had several cyber threat examples and have me look at them and determine what was going on.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce in December-2016.

Interview

I had my resume forwarded by a peer who worked for them in the summer and was hired full time. I had to email a couple times before I was asked to conduct a phone interview. Once I did that I called, emailed, and sent a thank you note before I heard back from anyone.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your leadership style?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had a conflict. What did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question
    • What have you seen in the news recently that would have an impact on Rolls-Royce?   1 Answer