Revel Systems Corporate Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Revel Systems Corporate Trainer Interview Questions

Interviews at Revel Systems

2.5

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Revel Systems (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume in early Jan. Recruiter contacted me 1.5 week later to get the process going. Spoke for about 45 mins, great introduction to the company and overall job opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter had a thorough scope of the position, the hiring manager, as well as salary requirements. We spent about 45 mins. talking about the job requirements and needs at a high level, the organization, my personal experience and finally, salary. Based on the follow-up emails from the recruiter and my agreement, the position and overall needs matching my personal experience seemed to be an excitable match.

I was shifted onto the next waiting phase, which would consist of an online meeting via Skype with the hiring manager who was remote. Once this online meeting was organized, we were set for a specific date.

The second round of the online interview process with the hiring manager was much more in-depth as we discussed and dissected the overall needs of the role, my current / prior experience and finally, coming to an agreement on meeting in-person once this hiring manager was in the local office.

1.5 weeks went by before finally receiving a final meeting confirmation as to whom I would be meeting with (CEO / COO / Hiring Manager) for my final in-person interview. All was set to go.

On the day-before the in-person interview was to take place (early morning), the recruiter called me in the late afternoon and told me that the CEO and HR Dept. had informed him (which supposedly was a surprise to him) that the maximum salary for the position was 30K LESS than what he and I had discussed during our initial interview, despite him telling me after I told him my minimum salary requirements, "Perfect, you are right within the range, a little more than the minimum on our end, but certainly not exceeding the maximum".

The salary maximum that Revel Systems was supposedly willing to offer, was completely out of scope for the job-requirements for a Corp. Trainer. I expressed that the pay-rate was more for an entry-level position within Technical Support, vs. a role that required a minimum of 5-8 years of delivering / content development / self-management / director type needs that Revel clearly is in need of for supporting a customer-internal base in the realm of Corporate Education.

To have had the rug pulled from beneath my potential opportunity, to get back to work after having been out of work for 5 months, with plenty of experience as well as successfully going through the interview phases, was extremely disappointing to say the least. The recruiter made up excuse after excuse, blaming an inept management team, that "he swore he had the right job-salary requirements upon our earlier discussions". I kept my cool, thanked him for his time and wished them the best of luck in their continued search.

Considering the odd circumstance,I would have expected and appreciated that the HR / CEO / Hiring Manager would have had the decency and professionalism to make the disappointing phone-call vs. the recruiter. All in all, it made me feel "cheap" and disposable having invested weeks and weeks of self-research about the company, the "culture", personal preparation of requested content for presentation and finally, the hope of landing a great job with a "good" company.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Revel Systems

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revel Systems (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

I first had a phone screen, which went well. After a week I finally received an email to schedule an in-person panel interview and presentation. I arrived at Revel for my interview. There were 3-ppl in attendance. I never got to give my presentation because the hiring manager took over the entire interview. She then proceeded to tell me how to do my interview. She then said she would have the HR contact send me a copy of the Sales Training outline and the HR on-boarding outline. I needed to create a 30-60-90 day plan for each. The incompetent HR contact sends me the outlines on Friday at 6pm and needs them returned by 12noon on Monday. I completed each and have continuously sent the HR contact an email asking if I made it to the next round. No WORD from anyone. A decent "we have decided to move on to another candidate" email would be great.

Interview Questions

• Normal HR BS questions: How is your work style, what do you bring to the table.....   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.