Restoration Hardware Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Restoration Hardware Interview Questions

Interviews at Restoration Hardware

2.9

Digital Customer Experience Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware in June 2020.

Interview

I never made it past the phone screen with a Gallery Assistant. I thought the interview was going well until she asked me my current salary, which is ILLEGAL to do in the state of California (where I interviewed). I then followed up a few days later only to find out they "believe the position was filled".

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware in May 2020.

Interview

Phone screen followed by two different 1:1 interviews over the course of a few days. The time slot I had for the third interview was moved at the last minute, twice. They’re eager to know your life story and every detail about you, since the company is “really big on people”. They asked few questions about personal work experience in relation to what they are specifically wanting for this role.

At the end of it all it all, no offer was given. I was informed that they are looking for people with direct digital experience in retail and customer service. Understandable, but if that was their goal to begin with- then it really wasn’t necessary to be wasting an applicant’s time who they already knew doesn’t have that experience .

Interview Questions

• “Tell me your life story”   1 Answer

Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Cleveland, OH (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Zoom "Group" Interview. Two employees from the Chicago Store interviewed two candidates at the same time for a position in another store in another state without any preface of them being from out of state and another retail location. I was told I would hear back from them one way or the other within 48 hours. I never heard a peep but continue to receive emails about the same job opening.

Gallery Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware in January 2020.

Interview

The first interview was via phone and it went well and as expected. The second interview was in their store and went well too and was professional too. The third interview was in person and was probably the most inappropriate and unprofessional interview I have ever had.

It was very unprofessional, the two women interviewing me didn't know what position I was interviewing for and even after I told them, they continued to act like I would be in a different role. One was late to the interview so I had to start with one person, and then restart 15 minutes later when she came in. The questions got VERY person very fast and honestly, they asked a lot of questions they should never have asked in an interview and are against the law to ask. The unprofessional behavior, questions and side comments they made to each other, and condescending way they talk towards me were unprofessional and disrespectful and frankly, many of the questions were against the law. It was very clear to me that this was a group of "mean women" working in this office and I wanted no part of that. After going through two interviews where their company values were explained in great detail and we talked a lot about them, it was an utter shock to sit in a third interview and have it be very much not in line with their core values. Their core values are wonderful, but I am not sure that their employees really live them.

Interview Questions

• The first two interviews were standard questions about my experience and what they are looking for. The third interview had many questions that are against the law to ask.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Corte Madera, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

1. Initia screening.
    2. Technical screening with 2 system architects.
    3. Onsite with 4 different managerial roles. and 1 Architect.
    4. Followup with another technical challenge by the architect.

After all that they delayed the onboarding for a month and then in mid-March canceled since they are cutting down because of the corona.

Interview Questions

• Design a delivery scheduling system   1 Answer

Gallery Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware in January 2020.

Interview

I was contacted to interview through contacts. Was “fast tracked” through the first couple interviews, all over the phone. Then after 2 months of no contact, I was reached out to again to continue.
    All questions were based on the company values, and how I would “fit” into the brand. There was never a discussion on business driving capabilities.

There were a couple interviews that the individual seemed distracted and not really listening to me or paying attention to the conversation.

After each interview, the feedback was positive, and was moved on to the next phase.

Overall I had 7 Interviews through 4 months just to be told that they moved on to other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Which one of our Company Values best speaks to you, and why?   Answer Question

Gallery Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

It didn't feel like they wanted to know about me it was more like they were questioning me to see if I was lying about my resume. It was weird and uncomfortable. Also when I asked about the culture of the store they just gave me like a general answer it didn't feel genuine.
    At the end I didn't feel like I wanted to work for a company like that.

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

1. Online application - no response
    2. Direct email application after 1 month - response after 4 months
    3. Meeting set up in 2 months - rescheduled on company's part, then finished within 10min
    4. Applicant's follow-up or second attempt almost 2 years later - response within a week
    5. Phone interview after a week - feedback email 15min later with invitation for in-person interview
    6. In-person interview 3 days later with a manager who lead to believe there is gonna be a position offered but not sure which one yet - needed help with deciding
    7. Another interview within a week with another manager and one of the current Interior Designers - concluded in "Thank you, we'll be in touch"
    8. Email follow up the next day - no interest on company's side at all any more

Interview Questions

• - how did you decide to be an interior designer
      - why do you want to work for us
      - how do you deal with difficult clients and/or projects
      - how do you motivate people   Answer Question

Interior Design Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Costa Mesa, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

1. Phone Interview (Got opportunity for face to face interview.)
    2. The first face to face interview (Got a candidate project after this interview, need to finish in a week.)
    3. The second face to face interview (Present the finished candidate project to the interviewer. Got a revision request for the candidate project.)
    4. The Third face to face interview (Present the revised candidate project to the interviewer. Got another revision request.)
    5. The fourth face to face interview (Present the second revised candidate project to the interviewer. To be told to prepare for the final interview with regional leader and gallery senior designer.)
    6. 10+ days later to be told......Due to a visa issue (They don't sponsor the H1B visa)......Did not get the offer......

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 3 years and 5 years?   1 Answer

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Santa Ana, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Fist I think this is a position related to interior design, but the final result is sales, and No sales commission. I have no experience in sales, I'm designer,I am looking for design work.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.