Reel FX Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 17 of over 17 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Reel FX

Reel FX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reel FX

Interview

Il s'agissait d'appliquer en ligne avec un CV puis d'un premier appel téléphonique. Un simple screening test pour apprendre à se connaître. Il y a eu un mail de suivi ensuite pour dire que l'application était toujours en cours d'évaluation puis plus aucune nouvelle.

Interview Questions
  • J'ai fait une application en ligne classique, avec CV et lettre de motivation. J'ai pu avoir un entretien téléphonique avec un recruteur, assez neutre, ni froid ni chaleureux. Plusieurs questions sur mes expériences professionnelles passées, sur le bilinguisme, les capacités de communication. Il m'a expliqué les tâches et l'organisation au sein de l'entreprise. A cause du COVID, ils ne savaient pas encore quand les runners pourraient revenir. Donc ils m'ont simplement envoyé un mail comme quoi ma candidature continuait à être traitée par la suite. Plus de nouvelles depuis.
    Answer Question

Reel FX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Reel FX in Apr 2019

Interview

The interview went well. I talked with the lighting supervisor. She was positive to my portfolio and gave me advice. She also answered my questions such as their workflow or company culture.

Interview Questions
  • Described a work you think is the most difficult to achieve.

Reel FX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reel FX

Interview

I had 2 Skype interviews with the Sups in Dallas for a Montreal position. They came back quickly and made an offer. The recruiter was prompt & professional with clear communication both scheduling & follow-up.

Interview Questions
  • Very open discussion about my employment history, the department setup, the tools & software used. I got the impression I would have enjoyed the cross-site work with the Sups housed in Dallas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at Reel FX (Montreal, QC) in Apr 2018

Interview

Applied online, they contacted me several months later. Interview was via Skype. The position was Montreal based, but the interviewers were senior artists at their Dallas office. They asked a lot of questions about my demo reel and the tools I used to solve challenges and problems. Didn't receive an offer, and was essentially ghosted. Had to follow up at least twice and getting an answer took more than two additional months. Ultimately, I likely would have had visa issues anyway.

Interview Questions
  • What's your favorite shot in your reel?
  • What shot do you think has the most room for improvement?

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reel FX (Dallas, TX) in Feb 2016

Interview

Interview process was great. The Head of Artist Management for the Dallas office was really easy to work with and very responsive. At the time they were using a external contract recruiter to pre-screen. That person was very knowledgeable and asked great questions too. From there I was flown out to interview with the Producer and PM from the show I was being considered for. Both were great and very accommodating. The Artist Manager in Dallas presented me with an offer and assisted in how the relocation would work. She was super helpful and very nice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reel FX (Dallas, TX)

Interview

Entire process took around 2 weeks. General interview questions detailing the project, scope of work and team size. Asked if I had any questions. Normal stuff. Email sent a week later offering immediate position in Texas but the offer was substantially below the pay grade if someone with even a year or two of experience. Counter offer did nothing and after declining the position, a response was never even sent. Overall left me with a bad taste in my mouth for the company as a whole.

Interview Questions
8 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reel FX (Dallas, TX)

Interview

You get contacted by the artist management team probably via email and will then get an interview either over the phone or via skype. My experience was a pretty quick turnaround from interview to job offer. The artist manager was very knowledgeable and friendly and made the process very smooth for me.

Interview Questions
  • Describe where you want to be in your career in 5 years.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reel FX (Dallas, TX) in May 2015

Interview

Inquired about past group projects and gave a Python quiz. My programming wasn't up to par so I got nervous and flubbed it. Said I would know next week but haven't heard from them in about a month. Nice guys though.

Interview Questions
  • How much group experience did you have?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reel FX (Dallas, TX) in Nov 2014

Interview

15 minute phone interview, in which I describe about myself and then technical questions, about my skills. They also asked questions about my reel and breakdowns. The interview consist with the lighting supervisors and artist manager.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a bit about yourself and why did you want to be part of our studio?

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Reel FX (Dallas, TX)

Interview

I've heard the process can be long and drawn out but that wasn't my experience. I sent over my resume, had an interview the next day and was offered the job that afternoon. The Artist Manager was in the room as well as the Show Producer. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and I was asked about my willingness to work late hours but they did ensure me that it was more of a family focused company and that they try to allow employees to have a life and not work themselves to death. I was given a tour of the facility after the interview which was my cue that I had the job (but isn't always the case).

Interview Questions
  • What is my favorite animated movie? It was only difficult since I had come from a live-action background and never really cared for animation.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Interviews