Rackspace Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 15 Jul, 2018

3.3

Contract Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX (US)) in December-2013.

Interview

There were numerous phone screens to go through to make sure you knew what you were talking about, then the inevitable drug test.

Interview Questions

• They asked about some software that I had never heard of that they used in their deployment process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had a recruiter doing the negotiation for me. I gave her my bare minimum and she got me an extra $5/hr on top of that. Deacon Recruiting really is top-notch.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX (US)).

Interview

It was a contract to hire position. they did a preliminary telephone screening and then called for a face to face technical interview. There were three interviewers. The questions were technical as well as logical. They try to evaluate what you know and whee you fit into the organization.

Interview Questions

• They go deeper into your skills that you describe. The concepts should be very clear.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX (US)) in October-2011.

Interview

A month after applying for this position, I received a call from a recruiter who said they had an opening for an interview that same day. Having only 5 hours to prepare for the interview was a bit chaotic, but I focused on understanding the company's values/culture as well as their product. I interviewed with 3 sets of 2 managers, and was asked extensive questions about how my previous jobs gave me the experience I needed for this position.My interviewers were kind but direct. I heard back a month after interviewing and was offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX (US)) in November-2012.

Interview

A great overall experience, but challenging. Questions ranging from cloud tech to unpredictable character based questions. Multiple panels and each one had something challenging to bring. Of all the jobs Ive worked at so far I will say this was the toughest overall. Definitely spend some time preparing.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX (US)) in February-2012.

Interview

Consisted of a panel review, individual reviews with several managers as well as the director of the lead generation team. There were (3) total interviews and the whole process lasted about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR person offered the position which I was able to negotiate if I wanted.

Software Development Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

Met them at a school career fair and was invited to a dinner for potential candidates. A few weeks later, I was invited to an evening of "Rackspace Rush" - essentially a group on-site interview. I had two interviews, one mostly behavioral, the other technical. Both interviewers were engaging and friendly; neither was particularly difficult. Received an offer several weeks after.

Interview Questions

Was offered better opportunities elsewhere.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One, hour-long interview, with one semi-difficult question about BSTs.
    Onsite - question about object oriented design.
    Nothing too difficult, but they really want new hires to start out at their HQs which is in San Antonio, TX. :/

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace in July-2012.

Interview

They contacted me via email to arrange a phone call. The initial email came from a do-not-reply email address with no contact information provided, so I had to call Rackspace to hunt down the recruiter who sent the email.

I finally go to speak to the recruiter. She was very rude and told me my resume shouldn't have ANYTHING except software experience (I had also done some devops, sysad, and related work) and that I'd have to send them a new one. And she made it very clear that noone at Rackspace every reads cover letters even though their recruiting site asks for them. So I agreed to "fix" my resume and email it to her.

She called a few days later and said the resume was good and she set up a phone interview for later in the week. She missed the phone interview. The next day she called to reschedule but never apologized for missing our appointment. She missed that appointment as well. This went on 2 more times and finally I got an email from her that they went with another candidate.

In summary, the recruiter was rude, unprofessional, and inconsiderate. She played major games and then "went with another candidate" without even interviewing me!

Interview Questions

• She never got around to asking any questions... Just kept talking about Rackspace.   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX (US)) in May-2013.

Interview

Very rigorous interview process. Communications with HR was very good, with fast responses. Workplace environment was very casual, but seemed focused and busy. Technical interviews with staff were more involved than expected, with logic and coding questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Logic question about 9 marbles, 1 weighs more than others. With a standard balance scale, and only 3 measurements, how can you find the heavier marble?   Answer Question

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX (US)) in August-2013.

Interview

HR first called in phone and asked for Java, SQL related technical questions. Then he arranged for two phone technical interview one with test team manager and other with architect head. Telephonic interview went well. They called me in person interview to their Texas, San Antonio location.

Interview Questions

• Development team person explained his whole project and asked me to explain how to test their application manually and then how I will automate testing using automation tools. Architect team followed interview and put more code related questions, like doing code review by giving a function and asked what is wrong and to correct it.   Answer Question