Rackspace Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Rackspace Interview Questions

Updated 29 Nov, 2017

3.3

Customer Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX (US)) in November-2017.

Interview

Interview with Team Lead 1 on 1. If successful, 2nd interview with 2 higher-ups. If successful, you get a call and get on-boarded, otherwise, you get a call that states you were not good enough.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a customer after accidentally deleting his entire e-mail history / account?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between IMAP & POP3?   Answer Question

Product Ops Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

Applied on Rackspace website, received email to set up interview. First one was cancelled 3 minutes before the time and rescheduled. Interviewer contacted me again and was rude. They would ask me questions then cut me off mid-sentence except at one point when I thought I lost the call and said, "Hello? Hello, are you still there?" to which I received the response, "Sorry, I was eating." Very unprofessional. The interview with the dept. head went slightly better, but ended with a, "We''ll call you." They never called. I would not want to do it again. Everyting I have (thus far) heard, read or experienced about Rackspace has lead me to the conclusion that I would NOT want to work there.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Rackspace?   1 Answer

Account Manager III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace in October-2017.

Interview

I applied about a month ago, had my interview last week. It was 3 hours long. The first hour was with three account managers that I would be working with, the second interview was with three managers, the third interview was with three engineers-they were all one hour long. All three interviews were very similar

It's been a week since my interview and I'm still waiting for the outcome, crossing fingers

Interview Questions

• If you have three accounts that need to be worked but you only have two hands and one brain and could only work one account at a time how would you determine which one to work first ?   Answer Question

Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rackspace (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

This place is a joke. I applied for a cloud engineer position and they told me that it actually requires relocation to be closer to the team in SA. Then the recruiter proceeded to tell me that I don't have enough experience and said my resume won't make it. The last position I applied for was a couple years back and received the same feedback. Don't email me telling me I would be good for the role and then just tell me over the phone that I'm not qualified.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your current role   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

Recruiter contacts you, sets up interview, you attend, answer some questions and have an answer fairly quickly on whether you're employed or not. They review after your panel interview and decided if you're a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

Submit resume, recruiter called, phone screen and onsite interview. Some people were remote during the interview while some were on site. Typical interview questions and not challenging. Declined offer since it is way below market. Not taking a paycut

Higher Level Corporate Support Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interviewer was articulate and the interview was cordial. It centered around the role and ended with a typical salary requirement question. I thought it was a positive experience overall, and possible next steps were discussed where a panel discussion might occur.

The interviewer "went ghost" however, never to be heard from again. I guess I'm glad it came and went if that is how they operate. Oh well.......maybe you will luck out and interview with someone there who operates with greater courtesy, and who will at least send a short note to provide candidates with some sense of closure.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX (US)) in September-2017.

Interview

2 hour interview that consists of two people doing a technical interview about your computer knowledge and the other two doing an about you personality portion. Each portion is one hour long. All of my interviewers were nice but I got a condescending vibe from one of them

Inventory Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, IL (US)

Application

I interviewed at Rackspace (Elk Grove, IL (US)) in September-2017.

Interview

I received a quick response to my resume submission followed by nearly a month of being told that i would hear back within 24 hours. 3 1/2 weeks later I was told that they wanted to have a phone screen that would last 1 hour. Immediately after the initial interview the recruits sent me a request for a 3 hour on site panel interview. I was asked the same question over and over again by different people. The hiring manager seemed to have his act together. However, the managers from remote sites were not educated as to the lengthy conversations that had previously occurred.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between first pass yield and final shrink? and what do you consider to be more important.   1 Answer
    • I asked them about their decision process and their timeline for hiring.   1 Answer

Software Developer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX (US)) in September-2017.

Interview

The full process involves 5 rounds. Starts of with phone screening with HR, followed with coding exercise. I was given a full stack to build and submit it in 3 days no particular language.

After shortlisted, 3 hours onsite interview consisting of 3 rounds each last for one hour

Interview Questions

• Agile practices, technical challenges i faced, how do i decide on frameworks to use.   Answer Question