RBC Commercial Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 9 of over 2.0k interviews

Applied online22%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RBC (Halifax, NS)

Interview

The recruitment manager i.e. VP of the department, requested to meet in the lobby for initial screening. The interview started with question like why i chose this city and where i came from. He further asked about the process of my region and tried to understand how its similar with the practices conducted here.

Interview Questions
  • Everything pertaining to current and previous job responsibilities
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at RBC (Toronto, ON) in May 2017

Interview

1st interview-with the Recruiter over the phone or face-to-face 2nd interview-after 2 months from the 1st interview, with Panel, 2-3 VPs from Commercial Financial Services. If you do some homework, you will be fine.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Vancouver, BC) in Nov 2016

Interview

Had a phone interview which lasted 1 hour. A week later I had coffee with the Manager and that too lasted an hour. It was a casual "meet and greet" to determine if I can proceed to interview with the VPs. Then had a panel interview with upper management.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time that you had to decline a customer and how did you handle it?
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint-Laurent, QC

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RBC (Saint-Laurent, QC) in Aug 2016

Interview

quite relax process, the interviewer put the candidate at ease from the beginning. It came from a recommendation and was invited to the interview almost in a rushed process. By the time I had advised my superior which they were not keep on my passing the interview, I figured it was not going to happen. the next day I was surprised to see an invitation to the interview. There was not much time to prepare

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

RBC

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at RBC

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 panel interview, 2 individual interviews. Phone interview was basic screeing. Panel and individual interviews assessed technical acumen (ratios etc) and sales skills. Individual interviews were with VPs and were wide ranging. Be demonstrate how you would make sales to new and existing clients.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do when first take control of a desk?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Durham, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Durham, ON) in Feb 2015

Interview

In-person interview with the VP and 2 CAMs. Simple HR type questions. Whole recruitment process took about 3-4 weeks. Very straightforward as the only real issue they had was going from point A to B was far.

Interview Questions
  • Are you more of a seller or an analyst? - because we know you can't be both.

RBC

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at RBC

Interview

I'm still in the process of interviewing, but have had one 30 min phone interview, online behavior test, one formal phone interview, about 1h30 then a meeting with a VP and then a meeting with a commercial account manager. Am waiting for a date to be booked for the panel interview.

Interview Questions
  • Most of the questions were similar to those that were outlined on previous posts. Tell me about a situation when...Others included what do you think a typical day in the account manager role would look like. Not too terrible.
8 people found this interview helpful

RBC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at RBC

Interview

Internal Hire - face to face with 2 different VP's

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Vancouver, BC) in Mar 2013

Interview

The interview was 2 Rounds. First on the phone and second in front of a panel. Mix of fit and technical questions relating to financial statements. Previous experience and related skills also discussed.

Interview Questions
  • What is the most useful metric from the Financial Statements for lenders?
2 people found this interview helpful