Queen Mary, University of London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Queen Mary, University of London Interview Questions

Interviews at Queen Mary, University of London

2.8

Student Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitechapel, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (Whitechapel, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied online, got an email about the interview and attended a face to face one with a panel of 4. The whole process took about a month. The email mentioned the interview was going to last 30 minute but it didn’t mention a test after which I found out on the day. The test was 30 minutes, 3 questions. A basic excel exercise, then writing a student letter (word) and finally the third part was asking to write a 5 year strategy plan about student support...

Interview Questions

• There were about 10 questions: Tell me about yourself and why you applied to QMLU, how you prioritise your work, example of how you deal with a stressed student, mental health...   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London.

Interview

We had to do a written application explaining our experiences and skills and if our application was deemed strong we were given an offer. After that, we had an assessment center style to determine our role in a group to help them form strong consultancy teams.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember much, but anything along he lines of why you?   Answer Question

Student Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London.

Interview

I didn’t really have an interview per say. Just more of a chat about what do I expect and then was told what they expect. Was expected to sell my expertise, but generally easy.

IT Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mile End, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (Mile End, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

First written short text about general troubleshooting,excel, ideal ticket answer given a scenario. Then move to a panel interview with 3 individuals who asks you 3 sets of questions each about customer service expectations,troubleshooting and IT helpdesk role understanding.

Interview Questions

• Q.1 ) most difficult troubleshooting you would have to do, how to check a customer's ticket about website being down and inaccessible. What is your favourite programming language, what is your knowledge on sql server Database etc?   Answer Question
    • Q.2 ) Given a scenario, where a customer walks to the front desk , answer the phone call and your line manager asks you to do a certain task, how would you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Q.3 ) If you had information on a certain procedures or task, how would you share it with colleagues and team members?   Answer Question
    • Q.4 ) how to clear cache in Internet Explorer? Multiple answers tick question?   Answer Question
    • Q.5 ) what do you type before starting a formula in Excel? Multiple answers tick question?   Answer Question

Student Organizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England (UK)) in August 2019.

Interview

It was a very simple and easy interviewing process. I was given a briefing beforehand on how to prepare for the interview. This proved to be very useful as it meant I was very well prepared.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time when you had many deadlines and how you dealt with them.   Answer Question

Content and Editorial Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England (UK)) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview took the form of a half-hour panel comprising three staff members, including the Head of Communications. Each staff member took it in turns to ask me questions about my experience, why I wanted to work there, and standard competency questions you expect at most interviews. The interview itself went fairly well; the panel was very friendly, welcoming and professional, but I felt the role they were interviewing for was much more comms-focused than editorial, and perhaps they should have advertised it as such. I was therefore unprepared to answer some of their questions, as I had quite limited comms experience.

Post the interview, I then had to do a timed written assessment, which is where everything seemed to go horribly wrong. I was given half an hour to complete a very intense, three-part assessment - whilst sat bang in the middle of a busy, noisy comms office with staff members chattering all around me. One particularly inconsiderate staff member – despite being fully aware of the fact I was doing a timed assessment – proceeded to moan to her colleague about an email she had received, before speaking at length about her allotment. Resultingly, I was unable to focus on my assessment, which completely hindered my ability to perform well under already very pressured 'exam' conditions. Needless to say, I didn't manage to finish my assessment.

Following the interview, I didn't hear anything from QMUL for over a month, so I sent them an email to complain about my assessment experience, and their lack of communication. Lo and behold, two days later, I finally got my "rejection" email. I was very unimpressed by the complete lack of contact, which I now realise is a common experience for interview candidates at QMUL. Considering the time and effort I – and no doubt countless others – put into their job application, interview preparation, not to mention taking a day's annual leave for the interview itself, one would at least expect the courtesy of a rejection/application progress update email without having to chase up QMUL’s complacent and disinterested HR department.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you created an innovative piece of content.   1 Answer

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England (UK)) in June 2019.

Interview

A Task and the following questions:

How do you ensure accuracy while typing?

What’s your WPM? How would you rate your touch-typing skills?

What office software are you most comfortable using?

When you look at a page, how do you know which details are important for entry

Let’s say you have a lot of documents to digitize and only a few hours to do it in. How do you prioritize which records to digitize?

Research Technician Interview

Interview

Panel Interview and Presentation on previous research. Asked questions about previous research and skills. Questions included last paper you read, why queen Mary. Asked about 10 questions nice people very relaxed

Content Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London (London, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

Online application form with a CV and personal statement, but also required you to manually input all your GCSEs and a load of other irrelevant information as mandatory fields.

I arrived at the interview to be asked "HR told you there was a timed task, yes?" No, they had not.

The interview itself was as expected, with the hiring manager, another content designer and a developer, all role-related questions.

Then they took me into their office to do a timed written task, which was 45 minutes at a desk in the middle of their office while they carried on working, having conversations, generally getting on with life. The task itself was straightforward but the setting was quite odd and I had not expected to be there that long.

I never heard back, despite chasing both the named HR person I'd had contact with, and the so-called "HR feedback" email address - all my contact has been ignored.

Disrespectful of my time both on the interview day and with the lack of follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Task - review these webpages for content and UX and make recommendations for improvements to the user journey   1 Answer

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Queen Mary, University of London.

Interview

I applied online. It took a few weeks until after the deadline to hear that I'd been invited for interview. I and a handful of other shortlisted candidates had to come in to present in the morning, wait around and have lunch, and be interviewed in the afternoon - i.e. we had to spend the whole day there, several of us having to take annual leave.
    Although the people were nice and the interview was fine, with various questions from a panel, my negative experience came afterwards. I never heard back. Nearly two weeks after the interview I had to email if there was any update and/or feedback available; this was ignored. Almost two months later, and I still haven't heard anything. I'm an adult, I can handle rejection. I think it's only decent to let someone know the outcome of the interview when they've dedicated a full day (of annual leave) to it, especially if it's only 5-6 people you need to inform. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.