Interview Question

Content Manager Interview

-Gurgaon, Haryana

InstaOffice

Q: How much did you earn in your first job? (which was 7 years ago) Q: How much did you earn in your 2nd, 3rd job? Q: Are you married? Where does your husband work? Can you tell me more about his work profile and other details?

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

12 Answers

Hi All, The HR asks such questions to know how well the candidate if selected can gel int he team. it is also considered as a back ground check (very briefly). There are organisation which actually have complete background check to know family details as well. Still if one wants to come out of the question it can be said that one is not comfortable.

Anonymous on

It was fun and great to be interviewed by the HR. The interview process was time taking but the questions asked were relevant.

Anonymous on

I know people get frustrated when they are not able to crack the job ... but it does not mean we blame other employees or HR..... and as per my knowledge HR just follow the format or set of questions...which they ask everyone....

Ayush on

Happened with me too. No relevant questions were asked

Chetna on

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's weird that they didn't ask you anything about your work experience. I was planning to apply for a job here but will pass it.

Ashish Singh on

I think that's because they're a new company with less employees. It'll take time to follow a proper hiring process. Good you didn't go for it. Instead you can try Wework or Vatika. Heard good reviews. All the best on your job search!

Garima Sharma on

Its weird how people find such questions irrelevant. People with a mindset of an orthodox job should not apply for jobs in newer sectors such as these. Its quite relevant for companies to get to know their propect employees before hiring them. Most of the recent companies believe in personally knowing their candidates to figure out their longevity in the organisation and if they would require any special accommodation if they join the company

Ashutosh Jena on

Being a woman myself, i do not think that these questions are out of proportion. Its the responsibility of an HR to know the candidates. You cant expect to go for a job interview and get the questions of your liking. Dont think the person would've complained if they were hired. Terming the questions ridiculous just because the HR seems to be lady is pathetic . My advice: Apply at a post office. No "weird" questions there.

Riddhi Sharma on

@RiddhiSharma Great Advice !! The commenter has a good strategy though, must say. Go for an interview. Behave like Queen Elizabeth, get rejected. Then, come back on glassdoor and curse the interview. Revenge served cold !

Ashish Raina on

I'm a woman and had a similar experience. Although I didn't mind answering a few personal questions, I refused to entertain the HR further when she became pushy. It ended abruptly as the HR couldn't handle a 'no' and became rude after that. Totally reflects the company culture. A candidate has full right to stand his/her ground and I don't regret it one bit. A barely 2 year old company that's yet to make a mark and they think they can treat candidates poorly. But they should know that not everyone will give a damn. Not sure this company will last long with this attitude but who cares.

Maitryee Das on

If you didn't like the questions why dint you hang up? Lol. Btw Wework is better. Apply there!

Abhishek on

I found the experience quite ridiculous and unprofessional. It's alright to ask some questions about one's personal life but this was just like infringing on my personal space. Ms. Bihari asked just one or two questions about my work experience, skills and professional experience. By then, I had decided to just skip this company.

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.