Public Outreach Fundraising Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Public Outreach Fundraising Interview Questions

Interviews at Public Outreach Fundraising

2.0

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Quick and to the point. Performance standards were reviewed. I felt that they were really concerned with my success in the company. I also learned that they promote from within.

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Group interview, didn't seem planned well. A question is asked and whoever answers answers. It seemed disorganized and nothing like an interview I've been to before. I think it's better to take people one by one.

Interview Questions

• Pick your favorite TV show and tell us why it's the best   1 Answer

Fundraiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising.

Interview

Interview was interactive and was asked to go on street and talk to people and ask questions to evaluate how well you can interact and engage someone in conversation. They want to see how well you can engage with the audience.

Interview Questions

• How can you sell a pen or an apple?   2 Answers

PROMOTOR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

It was an easy interview, they'll hire almost anyone. The manager was nice and the process was very fast. It's an ok first job but most people don't make it past the first week. You also have to memorize a lot so you need a good memory.

Public Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

There is a group interview. That's where you will fill out your application. Then, the manager will take each candidate into another room for a five minute private interview. You will be asked to sale a fictional item. If you are chosen, you will receive information within the week.

Public Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

I was recruited off of the street, a young man took my information, and the recruiters call me about four days later to set up an interview. I was told that casual dress was fine. It was supposed to be a group interview, but I was the only one who showed; so it was done one-on-one with the HR person. I was called about an hour later to start an evaluation period the following Monday. The first day, there is a training meeting. At that meeting you find out what organization you will fund raising for and will get a script to memorize. Once the script is memorized (hopefully by the next day) you have to recite it to your supervisor before they will let you public fund raise on the street. You have four days to sign up monthly donors in an evaluation period to be hired or "staff." If you don't accomplish that you might be given more time to "staff."

Interview Questions

• Before you get interviewed, you fill out an application. A couple of questions on the ap were "Why should we hire you?," "Why do you want to work for the company, and "Are there any organizations you would feel uncomfortable fundraising for."   Answer Question

Phone Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Toronto, ON) in April 2017.

Interview

They called, and the interviewer was quite pleasant, but the interview ended once she discovered I was under 18 (not once on Indeed was being of the age of majority listed as a requirement).

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Hamilton, ON).

Interview

Applied online through their website and got a phone interview asking why you wanted the job. Went for a group interview. The experience was really pleasant, the interviewees were not much older than I was (22) and they were all very very chill. All in all, it was a great experience with no pressure to say certain things.

Interview Questions

• "What would you do if you kept getting rejected?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Toronto, ON) in November 2012.

Interview

Ran into a street canvasser and asked her if I could do the job she was doing. She wrote down my #/name/email and gave me their details. I did a little research and I got the call within 3 days. I believe they interview everyone who does this (they ask the existing canvasser what their judgement is of you, once I worked as a canvasser for a while they asked me many times what I thought of people I met looking for a job so be talkative and confident). Interviews are done usually at their college st office. Group interview of 4 people, but each of us given a turn to answer so dont worry about having to be the loudest or anything. questions were standard, such as "how would you deal with a disgruntled customer" and questions relating to your previous experience or school/volunteer experience. remember to always relate every question back to why youre the best for the job. took about 15 min because all four of us were answering questions. Mostly the interview is to decide which style of canvassing youre going to try out (youre probably 70% guaranteed an eval period) being mall, street, door to door, or phone. If you prefer one of those, try to aim your answers to fit your desired position. The interview is basically just to make sure you're not crazy. You will be placed in one of these versions or i think you can request one, and you will be on eval. Evals are paid minimum wage for a week (i think) and if you get 5 sign ups in that time you are officially hired and paid 13.00/hour. so the eval period is really where you are judged.

Interview Questions

• the only one i remember is which superpower would you want more: breathing underwater or flying   1 Answer

Negotiation

you have some say regarding which type of canvassing you want to do. I have done street and phone. for both you are on eval in which you have to reach a certain goal in a certain time to be officially hired and paid the regular amount. even if you dont meet it in the exact time if you show youre a great worker they usually extend it for you. mine was extended. for street the shifts are always 8.5 hours (9:30 AM-6:30PM). you meet at the office, are driven or bused to the location and bused back all within that time. shorter shifts can be negotiated on days where you dont need to be driven back. for phone, your hours are very respected and you just notify the supervisor when you are available and they put you down. minimum shift is about 5 hours but not set in stone. a raise of 1.00/hour is given every $1000 monthly dollars raised. in order to win the raise you have to make it known that youre keeping track though! you have to remind them so pay attention.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Montreal, QC) in June 2015.

Interview

It's a very casual group interview (I was with 4 other people), they asked us to talk about ourselves for a bit. I asked if they wanted a resume but they didn't. You need to research the organization you will be represented as they will ask you what you know about them. Dress casually and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Asked to make up an organization (the funnier and more random the better) and to pretend to be at the door and get a donation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.