PubMatic Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

PubMatic Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at PubMatic

3.2

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PubMatic (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then an HR guy called me to set up an interview. I had a phone interview that was not easy. He asked about lots of stuff in Java and design patterns.Then I was invited for a 3-4 hours in person interview. I talked with several people separately. The interview involved lots of white board coding and data structures questions. The third person asked me about Spring and Hibernate and OO concepts. The last one asked me about my experience and very detailed explanation of my previous projects.
A day after the interview I got the job offer but few days later they changed their mind and they implicitly told me that they found a cheaper developer.

Interview Questions

• OO concepts, Data Structures and coding on the board. Stack implementation.   1 Answer
  • Do you recommend this company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PubMatic

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PubMatic.

Interview

I got opportunity through HR call from portal.HR was very humble in screening and scheduling the interview.
    Telephonic round I am expecting java interview questions started with algorithms and design patterns.
    How would you find middle element of link list.

Interview Questions

• How would you find middle element of link list.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PubMatic (Pune (India)) in August 2018.

Interview

I was called for an interview, when I reached there I was surprised that it was walk-in and everybody else was also not informed about it. It took 5 hours after which I had to leave cause I need to go somewhere else. My next round was pending which I never attended later. The interviewer was also living in his own world, he had his own definition of everything, And he accepted my answer only if I explain it just the way he wants otherwise start explaining his definition which was kinda same which I answered to him few mins earlier. Also, I had one written exam before face to face technical round.

Interview Questions

• Explain last project.
      Difference between Service and IntentService.
      Why Broadcast Receiver introduced in Android? Why not PubSub and all?
      What’s purpose of Intent? Implicit and Explicit Intent.
      What happens when any component is not able to handle Intent? How to handle it?
      What kind of testing you have done? Why?
      What happens if we use Android API classes in Unit test?
      Types of Thread in Android? Difference between HandlerThread and Thread.
      Difference between AsyncTask and Handler.
      Explain launchModes in Android. Difference between singleInstance and singleTask.
      What is PendingIntent? Difference between Intent and PendingIntent.
      How Databinding used in Android?
      What are the architecture patterns you had followed?
      Difference between MVP and MVVM.
      How GCM works? What happens when there is no network? Explain acknowledgement of msg received from device to GCM server and GCM server to App server.
      Explain Dependency Injection. How to do it without using Dagger and all 3rd party library?
      Explain the design patterns.
      What are the ways to implement Thread?
      Explain Collections. Why it came into the picture? Why not use Array?
      Difference between Vector and ArrayList.
      Difference between Set and List.
      How to sort ArrayList of Person?
      What are Comparable and Comparator?
      What classes are used to traves List? What happens when we add or remove something to collection during traversal via Iterator?
      How Synchronization is achieved in Java?
      Difference between object level lock and class level lock.
      How Thread communication works? One Thread is using an object and another one is waiting, after a while 1st one goes to wait and 2nd one gets access, after a while both switches again.
      Difference between Hashmap and Hashtable.
      Explain memory leak. How to handle that?
      Explain WeakReference.
      What is the use of content provider?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PubMatic (Pune (India)) in March 2010.

Interview

I want to share this because I guess it was not my mistake and want people to be aware of it before they go ahead with this.

I got a interview call from this company through employee referral in March 2010, HR spoke to me over the phone and gave me telephonic interview schedule which is like 9 days later. During our discussion i also asked to send me the confirm time and date through e-mail so that i will be ready for that day which is agreed by HR.

Then after that i didn't received any e-mail, I continued through my normal routine I almost forgot about the interview discussion time, then suddenly I got call from HR one day to ask me if I am ready for telephonic interview which was surprising for me. I told her that I thought its not scheduled as I didn't get any confirmation and right now i am in meeting which was planned as I thought Interview is not scheduled.

I asked HR if its possible to give me 30 mins and delay it so that I can still appear for the telephonic round but she was very rude and asked me why don't you called to confirm and etc. and said I will have to cancel your candidature with our company and banged down the phone.

Well I am not sure where to call to confirm the time when I didn't even had any JD mail from HR which i asked in the first call itself but the lady was in no mood to understand the situation.

This is no way to talk to candidate when you are re-presenting some company. I am not at all interested in working with them in future.

Interview Questions

• there were no questions asked as it was all HR blunder   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PubMatic (Pune (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

I went through 3 rounds.

First round was kind of codility test, there are 2 questions to solve in some given time, I presented there the best solution as I have expertise in devising algorithms.

Second round was telephonic, went for around 1.5 hours, there were 2 interviewers they asked me so many domain related questions as well as data structure questions and puzzles which were not very difficult to answer.
    Eg:1) How you will find a missing number from an array [0-99] having numbers ranging from [0-100]
    2) How you will find out the middle element from an linked list.
    3) Given an array of stock market data day wise, how you will find out out days on which you will get max profit on selling and buying stock.
    4) Design patterns.
    5) There is a long text file, how you will find out the count of all characters re-arranged in an ascending order.

Then HR called me to meet for an F2F discussion.
    Things started going bad after this. I went to Pubmatic before 15 minutes of given time. HR attended me and let me to a discussion room with three chairs and a table. Two guys came in for interview, they were looking puzzled and not at all interested from beginning giving a feeling that they are doing other team member's work who is late to office. One of the guy was having less experience, I didn't understood how a guy having less experience can take interview of a person with 5 to 6 years of expertise. One can say that it will be learning for him, but then they should conduct mock interview for him.
    They asked me couple of question, the other interviewer asked me puzzles and data structure related questions and other domain related questions. They were more interested in puzzles and not at all in the software design and architecture, sometimes I felt that whatever stuff I was telling to them about design and algorithm is new to them. There was no professionalism as they were taking to each other in other native languages, one guy was repeatedly saying native language in between asking questions. The test is on problem solving and logical thinking but it requires time too. They were in hurry of getting in the answers and where not at all waiting while I was devising logic for the questions. I am sure that they could not have solved if I would have given to him in such a less time.
    Suddenly some other company guy came in between and told them that he has booked that room and the interview stopped and they left saying "ho gaya" to me and leaving resume there on table as it is, what a professionalism.
    I went out from that discussion room and no body was there to attend me, I sat on a cubicle near to me, then HR came say after 5 minutes and said that we cannot continue further as I was having good domain knowledge, problem solving skills, but data structure is average. I didn't got then what went wrong with data structure.
    When I was on the way to home I realized that they might me in hurry of taking Lunch as that was lunch time.. a waste of professional time of me and of Pubmatic.

Data structure questions asked,
    1) Given a matrix of say n*n each having an "led" at each unique element forming a filled back triangle, what data structure you will use to store/represent the data and algorithm to create a mirror image out of it.
    2) Four dot triangle flip in minimum dot movement.
    3) Sudoku.
    4) Reverse number.
    5) Sorting algorithm.

Interview Questions

• Given a matrix of say n*n each having an "led" at each unique element forming a filled back triangle, what data structure you will use to store/represent the data and a algorithm to create a mirror image out of it.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PubMatic.

Interview

The interviewer was not all interested in the resume. He had some set of programming questions which he gave and told me that he will be back in 10 minutes. He went out and came back after an hour. When I started explaining him my logic which I had written, he was least interested to listen. I am sure that he himself could not have solved if I would have given him an algorithm. I asked him the solution of the problems which he gave but he just told me that you can leave for the day..No professiomalism .
    This happened in Pune.

Interview Questions

• Code for binary search tree, repeated number in an array   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.