Prodigy Game Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Prodigy Game Interview Questions

Interviews at Prodigy Game

2.5

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Prodigy Game (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Spoke to an HR representative who was very friendly and asked great questions, after this call I was sent the programming challenge which had a time limit of 3 hours.

I completed this a few days later as that is a lot of time to set aside for a job you don't even have yet. There were 3 questions, including the card game listed below, a simple angular question and a somewhat challenging SQL syntax question.

I passed all of the test cases provided for the first two challenges and didn't have time to get the third down given my lack of SQL experience.

The notes provided by the engineering team were troubling as they indicated my solution for the card game problem "broke how the game plays out" even though the question asked to return how many times player A wins. I simply discarded all games where player B draws an Ace from the arrays of cards before comparing the rest because player A cannot win those. If you are going to change the rules of your questions after the fact that is not fair to your interviewees.

If the response was simply "we need someone with more database experience" I could have accepted that.

Interview Questions

• This is a summary of one of the three coding challenge questions: "Two people are playing a game of war, based on two strings of input representing their cards find out how many times player A wins."   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Prodigy Game (Burlington, ON) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by HR first to have a phone interview. Didn't get any phone call. I had to remind them and reschedule. When it finally happened, it turned out the position was for a senior. If HR took a bit more time to read up my profiles, they would have known I'm not a senior. Everyone's busy and I felt like they totally wasted my time. Plus, the interview process felt rushed and rude.

Interview Questions

• What's your least favourite part of your current position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prodigy Game (Burlington, ON).

Interview

Applied via website, initial discovery call with TA Specialist, 1 (one) hour convo with TA Specialist at a later date, 1 (one) hour convo with Sales team lead and Sales team member at a later date, 3 hour in-person interview with 4 (four) members of Prodigy (Sales, HR, CS)

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Prodigy Game in April 2018.

Interview

Four step process: Step one is to make a video to pitch yourself. This immediately set off alarm bells - why video interview for a phone-based job? It's inappropriate at best and discriminatory at worst. Add to this some conflicting instructions on how long the video should be, and vague, unhelpful answers from the recruiter throughout the process. Step two is phone screening. The recruiter sounded like they had just woken up (at lunchtime) and it was as if he was interviewing from under the blankets in a hushed mumbling voice. These two steps alone took over 5 weeks, and to get a boilerplate rejection email at the end of it should have seemed like a foregone conclusion. The whole experience makes me feel like I dodged a bullet here!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prodigy Game (Burlington, ON) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruitment specialist by email to arrange an initial screening interview by phone. I felt the interviewer was far too inexperienced in the field of sales to properly qualify my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in a sales position?   1 Answer
    • What were the stages in the sales process you used in the past?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

Let me start by saying I'm generally not "salty" when I don't get an offer from a company. That's just part of the job hunting process and I don't leave negative reviews for companies that reject me in a professional and friendly manner.

But Prodigy was hands down the worst and rudest interview process I ever had.

I applied, they got in touch with me a month later.

First came a phone interview with HR. They didn't follow up with me when they said they would. After I asked, they sent me an assignment (completely out of the blue) to finish on short notice. Despite having a job, I finished the assignment early. Then I was sent another assignment. (The interviewer said he "forgot to send the second part".) They were long assignments that took several hours each.

When I had a phone interview with the hiring manager as a next step, he told me that I was sent the wrong assignment to begin with. This means I wasted my time on completing two assignments!

I was then invited for an interview to the office, in which they gave me a challenge to complete. (Really? A challenge after two successful assignments?) In the middle of the interview, they told me I'm not the right candidate and sent me home. That's incredibly rude. They obviously don't care about wasting my time (e.g. by giving me two assignments), so why not let me finish the interview and tell me via email if it didn't work out, like every other compnay does? Do they think they're being nice and "more personal" or do they want to see the disappointment on people's faces?

Additionally, they gave me really vague reasons why I'm not the right candidate. When I followed up after the interview to ask for the reasons again (because I was so confused about the whole thing), they gave me equally vague, but completely different reasons.

I just got the feeling that they tried to look for reasons not to hire me. I don't like to pull the "minority card", but I had the impression that it's either a "bro culture" thing (the entire marketing team seems to be male) or that it's because I have an accent.

The overall experience was unprofessional, inconsiderate about the candidate's time and rude. I'm pretty glad I ended up not working for them if this is how they treat candidates.

Interview Questions

• Questions and assignments of how you would do certain tasks.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prodigy Game (Kitchener, ON).

Interview

Very friendly, extremely perceptive personnel. Punctual and somewhat predictable at first with a little small talk to put you at ease. Don't be fooled into thinking that because of the overall casual vibe that this company isn't looking for exactly the right type of fit. You'll be lulled into thinking you're having a simple conversation with a "friend", only to suddenly realize at the end of the particular stream of conversation that you're still in the interview process.

Team Lead Interview

Interview

First screen from in-house recruiter. First of all she called me late and didnt even apologize. She assumed I am ready for the call and then appeared very disinterested to answer questions. Was in a rush to hang up and probably call the next candidate. Prodigy game unfortunately is not in the same league as Google, so please try to be modest.

Lead Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prodigy Game (Burlington, ON) in December 2017.

Interview

It started with a brief and promising interview. I then took their test. Eventually I was called in to meet with them over at their headquarters. I was promised a ride from the train station and despite them telling me I was going to get a ride, I ended up not getting one and had to pay my own cab to get there. When I arrived, they then asked me a variety of questions and eventually I was asked to talk to all of the top people. The interview seems to have gone well but for some odd reason, despite having experience as a lead I did not get the job due to not having enough experience to be one. I applied to all other 2d art positions but my application did not get picked up despite passing their 2d test for the lead 2d artist.

Interview Questions

• They showed me a picture of the splash screen to their game and I was asked to give my opinions on how I can improve it.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Prodigy Game.

Interview

Applied online (indeed) Then about a week later I received an email to set up time for interview.(via phone)- if your over 28, don’t bother applying- only looking for young staff to Fit their work environment

Interview Questions

• Typical what’s your greatest work achievements , do you have budgets, what are they, how often to you hit your goals....   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.