Prodigy Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Prodigy Education Interview Questions

Interviews at Prodigy Education

2.6

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Prodigy Education (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Spoke to an HR representative who was very friendly and asked great questions, after this call I was sent the programming challenge which had a time limit of 3 hours.

I completed this a few days later as that is a lot of time to set aside for a job you don't even have yet. There were 3 questions, including the card game listed below, a simple angular question and a somewhat challenging SQL syntax question.

I passed all of the test cases provided for the first two challenges and didn't have time to get the third down given my lack of SQL experience.

The notes provided by the engineering team were troubling as they indicated my solution for the card game problem "broke how the game plays out" even though the question asked to return how many times player A wins. I simply discarded all games where player B draws an Ace from the arrays of cards before comparing the rest because player A cannot win those. If you are going to change the rules of your questions after the fact that is not fair to your interviewees.

If the response was simply "we need someone with more database experience" I could have accepted that.

Interview Questions

• This is a summary of one of the three coding challenge questions: "Two people are playing a game of war, based on two strings of input representing their cards find out how many times player A wins."   Answer Question

Lead Full Stack Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prodigy Education.

Interview

The process involved a phone interview, followed by a technical test. The interviewer was very pleasant and responsive with feedback regarding the technical test as well. I was sent an invitation to a coding test via codility.

Interview Questions

• Have you been given advice on any shortcomings by a supervisor?   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prodigy Education (Toronto, ON) in May 2020.

Interview

I had a couple phone interviews with HR to talk about the interview process, work experience and skills. Later on there was a phone call interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager performing the interview only expressed concerns about my past work experience in management and questioned why I would take a step backwards in terms of career to 'only do the design work'.

They also requested a follow-up interview to go over my portfolio but did not follow through.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prodigy Education.

Interview

The process took 4 + weeks. Talked with a HR, had a technical interview- The whole process made me feel this is a sham posting.

My experience aligns with other candidates' experience here: they do not respect candidates' time. They are on a path to Flattenthecurve as far as growth is concerned!

No lignments between the interviewers. Been constitently told and felt everything looks good no concerns Few days later was emailed by the person from the first 30-minute interview that they chose to pursue other candidates with stronger experience and skills for the position. Icing on the cake they reposted the job which was open for 40 days again!

HR interview
    The interview was for 30 minutes over the phone. Lots of personal questions

Technical interview
    Felt the interviews went well asked very basic project management questions and didn't have any initial concerns.

I asked for feedback on where I fell short, as I felt the interviews went well. I was ignored... No feedback given.

Interview Questions

• Describe work experiences
      Behavioral questions
      Salary expectations   Answer Question

Senior Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prodigy Education (Oakville, ON) in March 2020.

Interview

Pretty good experience overall. Very friendly folks. HR was super helpful and the engineers I met was very interesting.

Interview is HR Phone round > Codility Coding task > Video Tech interview> Onsite Tech interview > Onsite Cultural interview.

Interview Questions

• Different kinds of vulnerabilities and how to mitigate? XSS & CSRF etc   Answer Question

Lead Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prodigy Education (Toronto, ON) in February 2020.

Interview

Bit of a longer interview process, but worth it for the culture and values of the company. They had timely responses and i appreciated the effort they put into deeper discussions and candidate screening.

Interview Questions

• Initial technical challenge, followed up by a few in person discussions for culture fit and technical aptitude.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Prodigy Education.

Interview

One thing is clear and aligns with other candidates' experience here: they do not respect candidates' time. I went through an HR phone screen, an online test, a video interview, and then a take home assignment which I spent about a whole week on it. Only to be told after 2 weeks that the DS role has been filled. The HR contacted me to let me know there is another technical product manager role currently open, and asked me whether I was interested. The HR then arranged an information session for me, addressing that it is an information session but not an interview, just to describe to me what the role looks like. But, on the day of the information session, it was a one-hour interview, with no introduction to what the other role looks like, but just asking me random behavioral questions as well as questions about my take-home assignment. At the end, I asked about the role, they said that they decided yesterday that I do not fit that role as well, but they might contact me for other roles in another 3 weeks. Spending this much energy on the take-home assignment was definitely a shame. Having the last conversation with them completely made me feel this company has no respect in people's time and energy.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prodigy Education (Toronto, ON) in January 2020.

Interview

Contacted to have a phone call, which got rescheduled due to the HR person getting let go. The phone screen was pretty typical and I was invited to continue to the next stage, which was an SQL test on Codility.

Completed the SQL test in 1/3 of the time and my code worked for all of the test cases that were presented (as well as additional test cases that I made up). Despite this, I didn't make it to the next round. After looking into how Codility ranks candidates, it seems to deduct points for time, for running your code multiple time before submitting, and it notes times that you copy/paste from a screen, among other things. Codility doesn't tell you their scoring method up-front, and the software has some unclear instructions, so beware of this. Otherwise the SQL queries you will need to write are quite simple, mainly just involving joins and aggregates. It's unfortunate that Prodigy has jumped on the code challenge bandwagon.

If I had passed the code challenge, the next steps would have been a technical Zoom interview, followed by a take-home challenged, followed by a technical + cultural final interview.

Tech Role Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Prodigy Education.

Interview

It took forever for the HR contact person to get back to my emails about the next stage of my interviews. Other companies take care of the follow up process themselves but here I had to send emails and get ignored!

Interview Questions

Prodigy Education Response

Dec. 16, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review your interview experience with Prodigy. As we grow and add new roles, we are continuously learning how to improve our processes. Without your feedback, we wouldn’t be able to reflect and make changes.

We apologize that you had a negative experience while interviewing. We understand how time consuming and stressful it can be when making a career change and strive to make the process with Prodigy as seamless as possible.

We are adding new policies and metrics to ensure that all candidates are provided with feedback and up-to-date emails regarding their application. Our director has been working with our applicant tracker system to implement reminders based on how long a candidate has been in each stage of the interview process. This will send alerts to recruiters and remind them to send that email update and/or provide feedback on why a candidate will not be moving forward.

We recognize that it is important that all candidates, successful or not, receive the same interactions and communication. In short, we are striving to create a positive candidate experience for everyone.

All the best in your future career endeavours and thank you for interviewing with our team.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prodigy Education (Toronto, ON) in December 2019.

Interview

Interview was on the phone and the HR representative was very friendly. The interview started promptly and took 45 minutes exactly. She told me I would hear very shortly if I move on to the next stage of the interview process (4-5 days).

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.