Prodigy Education Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 92 of over 92 interviews

Employee Referral4%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Prodigy Education

Application

I interviewed at Prodigy Education

Interview

Process took about 2-weeks. Pros: Good company culture from what I gathered and a few enthusiastic data folks. Recruiters provide detailed feedback to candidates. Cons: As mentioned in previous posts, the interview process is far too long. A coding assessment that is ~3hours in duration followed by a technical virtual interview that is an additional ~2hrs. Spent an awful amount of time going over a coding assessment in detail (which by the way, I was not told about in advance -- they only informed me that the interview would involve some stats/coding -- not going over the answers of a timed exercise I had completed days prior). They also provided a business case study. These are common in DS interviews, but involve the interviewer working together with a candidate to solve the problem. Unfortunately, this was not the case here. Their approach to asking this question was...puzzling.The interviewer simply gave a vague problem without much context. They were also uninformative in their responses to clarification questions making it difficult to see this as a "collaborative" exercise. The interviewer was junior, so I am assuming this is explains their lack of experience here. Regardless, I would think that it would be more reasonable to assess how well you can work with a candidate as opposed to just giving them a vague question and seeing how they work through it.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Python coding, SQL, ML Scenario questions. Going over answers for timed test component.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Etobicoke, ON

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prodigy Education (Etobicoke, ON)

Interview

It’s probably the most negative interview experience I’ve ever had. Note: I’ve been in the project management field for +13 yrs. Here’re the reasons why: - Incompetent recruiter (limited professional experience, poor interviewing skills); - For the second round I was requested to solve a case study. Unfortunately, I never had a chance to present it and provide my views on the case; - No feedback received (after I requested it). Advice: Be considered of people’s time and ensure you have experienced recruiters/HR managers assigned to conduct interviews for managerial positions.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Prodigy Education

Application

I interviewed at Prodigy Education

Interview

Super long interview which I didn’t mind. I appreciate companies doing their due diligence. However, they are so focused on culture and their random questions, it’s clear they only hire the same type of people So much for diversity?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Prodigy Education

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prodigy Education in May 2021

Interview

I had a phone screen with Lauren and moved to an assessment online a 1 hr zoom interview and then a 1.5 hour Technical interview. The process was seamless and Lauren kept me very informed through each step.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to bring a project I had worked on to show them some code.

Prodigy Education

Application

I interviewed at Prodigy Education

Interview

I was really excited about this role. I applied for the role and a few days later was told I did not have the required qualifications to move on, which is perfectly fine. A week after that I got another email from the recruiter asking to schedule a phone screening. One day before the phone screening I got another email from the recruiter telling me that the required job qualifications had changed and I no longer qualified for the role. At that stage I was already upset about being strung along to that point. Then the next day the recruiter called me at the previously scheduled time. She did not understand why I was confused by her calling, and when I explained that she had cancelled the screening the previous day, she told some story about wanting to keep me in the recruiting pipeline and about how they were looking for future hires by screening in advance. She never apologized or admitted any error. Needless to say, I was very disappointed with my experience and would hesitate to put myself in their recruitment pipeline again.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Prodigy Education

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Prodigy Education

Interview

Some interviewers scare away the candidate by asking about the product and technologies developed by the company that the candidate isn't supposed to know before working at the company. This is exactly what pushed me away from continuing further. I feel like the company is self-obsessed about their own product. Expecting the candidate to try and get a sense of a product beforehand is one thing, expecting him to know those tiny details is something else and is super annoying. I mean the HR recruiter is telling the candidates that the company is expanding and needs talent, then the interviewers are being demanding and pushing people away. I think they can attract a lot of skilled people if they don't ask them to try out the app and just stick to the software engineering questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Prodigy Education (New Delhi)

Interview

The interview process was over a span of 4 weeks with the following: 1. Initial screening round by HR 2. Technical round 3. Behavioural round/culture fit round 4. Salary negotiation The interview questions were very well thought of to understand the candidate and know they are a good cultural fit for the organisation. I thoroughly enjoyed the interview process, each of the rounds were great and the hr kept communicating throughout about the time that will take to get back. However, I'm unhappy about the last stage of the interview. The budget constraint for the pay should be discussed in the initial screening round when the last CTC was asked, instead of asking a candidate if they are willing to join at a reduced pay post clearing the interview successfully.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us why do you want to join this company?
  • Tell us about a time you disagreed with your manager and how did you handle the situation
  • Tell us about the most difficult customer you have had to handle
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prodigy Education (Toronto, ON) in Apr 2021

Interview

short call with the company recruiter, a codility test for 3:30, a two ours technical Q&A session and live coding with the hiring manager and a data scientist and then a take home assignment I was interviewed for data scientist role in revenue and finance. There was too much emphasis on fundamental knowledge and little was communicated about the role to me and the interviewer did not go through my background and relevant experiences. Right after a short non-technical discussion with the recruiter, I was a given a test for 3:30, and then 2 hours of basic questions! And, then in the end when I found out that there is going to be a take-home assignment for 1 week, I was very surprised. I wasn't accepted for the next round but for applicants being at work, it's going to be very hard to spend such time on just one step of interview. That's unnecessarily too much considering the previous steps and waste of applicant's time which I doubt experienced applicants with bunch of other opportunities would agree to do. I loved receiving detailed feedback. While few roles requires such an emphasis on fundamental concepts after some years of experience, I don't find it unfair to be rejected if that's much needed. I read very good comments about the company on Glassdoor but my experience from the interview process was far from my expectation.

Interview Questions
  • Any fundamental question but not from the applicant background including, basic probability and ML questions, statistics, finance background, A/B testing, leadership, ....

Prodigy Education

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prodigy Education

Interview

Very clear and straightforward. Communication was very immediate for each stage in the process. The HR team was very helpful in answering any follow-up questions from me. The interview process was 4 total rounds and the questions were well-organized.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prodigy Education (Hamilton, ON) in Apr 2021

Interview

Initial phone call about background, then i move on to codacity excise. then i had a final technical round. then team introduction. moderate to fast response time. Overall the interview was average.

Interview Questions
  • Cards of War, function taking in two strings of pre-specified characters. each character has a value associated with it. find how many times string A has a higher value then sting B
Viewing 1 - 10 of 92 Interviews