Find jobs for Seasonal Sales Associate

Pottery Barn Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 16 of over 175 interviews

Employee Referral7%
1.5
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Phoenix, AZ) in Oct 2020

Interview

Three Interviews - with two different people - that manage the store. Very nice people who are just seeing how well you would fit in with their store. Interview was informal but thorough.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle an angry customer?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (New York, NY) in Nov 2017

Interview

It was quick and fast, it was a training interview to see if we could wrap presents neatly. I really enjoyed it! It was very strait forward basically making sure I am smart and know the clientele.

Interview Questions
  • What is your availability during the major holiday season.

Anonymous Employee in Cranston, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Cranston, RI) in Oct 2017

Interview

Too long! I had to go back 3 times for interviews to be hired as a seasonal worker. I think the problem was that the management staff just doesn't communicate with each other.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly asked about availability hours, with less emphasis on design.

Pottery Barn

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pottery Barn in Dec 2014

Interview

I saw an ad on Craigslist from Pottery Barn that said they were hiring, I went into the store the next day and filled out an application, they called me the next day to schedule an interview. The interview was very laid back, the manager only asked me a few questions, it felt like more of a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions
  • The only 3 questions the manager asked were what is your definition of customer service and what do I have to add to it, and why pottery barn?

Pottery Barn

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Pottery Barn

Interview

I was asked to describe why I wanted to work for Pottery Barn. I was also asked to describe the best job experience that I have had. I was also asked to describe the worst prior job experience. I was also asked to describe another retailer where I enjoy shopping.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to describe another retailer where I enjoy shopping.

Pottery Barn

Application

I interviewed at Pottery Barn

Interview

I interviewed twice, once in a group setting on the sales floor. After that basic interview, we toured the store and stockroom. I got called again, to interview individually with the manager and after they contacted all of my professional references, I was hired. They want employees who are passionate about the brand and are quick movers! The questions were basic, why was I interested in working for PB? So I multitask well? Eyc

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle the stockroom if you are getting called for stock checks, receiving orders and have multiple special orders to call all at the same time?

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Chandler, AZ) in Nov 2014

Interview

It was supposed to be a one on one interview, but with the time squeeze, it turned into a group Interview. It was only two of us being interviewed at the same time, but it was a little difficult trying to both answer to our full potential.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Pottery Barn

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pottery Barn

Interview

Walked into store to request an application, filled it out, and manager immediately scheduled interview for the following week. I was hired a week after the interview. The interview was easy and it felt like talking to a friend about why I loved the store and why I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions
  • I wasn't asked any specific questions that I can remember. It was more of a conversation where the manager and I were mutually assessing each other. She seemed friendly and nice. I'm a hard worker and always give 100% so I wasn't too worried about any questions.

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Frisco, TX)

Interview

Applied in store. Interviewed about 1 week later. Very comfortable interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Pottery Barn

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pottery Barn in Nov 2013

Interview

Very easy interview process. Asked if I knew about the brand. How did I feel about working weekends and late nights during holiday. Customer service is above and beyond

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Interviews