Pottery Barn Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Pottery Barn Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Pottery Barn

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I got an application by walking into the store and asking if there were open positions. At the interview about a week later, I sat down with the general manager right in the middle of the store. It felt very casual but the manager was very professional.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 characteristics your friends would describe you as?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pottery Barn

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Portland, OR (US)).

Interview

The Interview process was easy. I sat down with two different managers one after another sitting down on one of the furniture's. We started the interview right away by starting off with my past work experience to how I would be a good candidate for the position. I must have misunderstood my position that I would become a visual designer but was placed as a sales associate first. I've learned after the hire that everyone does have to start as sales associates to learn the cash registers and walky-talky etiquette. It maybe shorter or longer for some to become designers. Expect customers to be walking around near you during the interview process (if that is, your interview was held on the floor set)
    I was offered the position after a week and called into work for training.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an eye for interior design?
      How many years of retail experience have you had?
      How would you deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Broomfield, CO (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Took like 30 mins in the middle of the mall and talked about my past jobs and what I can give the company. What are my weakness and my challenges what am I looking for in a work environment.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrow, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Morrow, GA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. They ask you things like what you did before, how you can help the store, and your strengths. It was probably the easiest interview process I've done so far.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Hill, TN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Franklin Hill, TN (US)).

Interview

It took three weeks to get a response to my application. They called me to schedule an interview. The manager told me that since I had worked for Williams-Sonoma I would not be a good fit at Pottery Barn. The manager was rude and condescending. The "interview" lasted three minutes. She glanced at my resume, and then told me that I could not lift 50 pounds; I can. She didn't ask a question, and clearly was not prepared to interview me. To say that the interview was a disappointment would be an understatement.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Falsely mislead into part-time position even after specifications of seeking a full-time hourly position. Kept schedule charade going for a week or two after initial hire date. Management is known to do that continuously. They seem a little desperate for new employees because their turnover is so high.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Tampa, FL (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied at the end of January, 2017 and got a phone call within the next 4 days to scheduled an interview. The 1st interview happened 3 days later (sales manager interviewed me), then was requested a 2nd interview with the General Manager 3 days later. Everything was professional and not stressful. Both interviews, the managers were super friendly and made me feel welcomed.

Interview Questions

• 1st question: Why work here?
      Tell me one great experience while shopping at a store (name of the company was not required to be disclosed).
      Tell me one bad experience while shopping at a store.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Easy relaxed setting. One on one with manager. Took about 30 minutes. Asked about 5 questions overall. Nothing to hard. Typical questions in most interviews. I was offered a position on the spot and accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Denver, CO (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Very short process, the manager asked barely any questions and seemed ready to offer me the position upon arrival. It seemed that they were happy to find someone available for the shifts that they needed covered.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

Very casual interview. It was mainly getting to know me and my history of work experience. We sat and talked on one of the sofas and the manager was very friendly.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.