Pottery Barn Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 181 of over 181 interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.1
HardAverageEasy

Pottery Barn

Application

I interviewed at Pottery Barn

Interview

one on one with manger. sitting down share coffee and donuts looked at videos pertaining to job description and companys core values. talked about my past work experiences how long I lived in Atlanta do I have children married why do I want to work for the company what are my strengths,.

Interview Questions
  • tell me about yourself and past work.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Pittsburgh, PA)

Interview

Very simple, straight-forward, canned questions. Asked if I could work weekends, holidays and nights. Asked about my background, why I wanted to leave current job and salary expectations. Talked with upper management and then was offered position.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you handled a difficult customer, describe your goals, why do you want to work here, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Toronto, ON) in Aug 2021

Interview

Applied for the job position online and instantly I received an email stating their interest. From there we set up a date to interview in-person. The interview went smoothly and a lot of the time felt more like conversation about overall home decor, style, textures and my background in it (education). The questions flowed nicely into our conversation and were easier to answer with that relaxed atmosphere. The manger was very friendly and upbeat. I left with a positive feeling even after being told that more interviews were being conducted after mine. I got a call stating they’d like to proceed with officially offering me the job and we talked more about the next steps.

Interview Questions
  • What made you apply to pottery barn and why do you think you’d be a good fit?
  • What was a negative experience you had (as an employee or customer), how was it handled and what was the solution if any?
  • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer or a personal experience of an employee doing the same.
  • How are you with working in a fast paced environment where multitasking is required?
  • What is your favourite style in home decor and how would you describe it to someone that doesn’t know about it?
  • A scenario was given where the hiring manager was a customer looking for products to furnish a foyer. I was asked to showcase my selling techniques, spacial knowledge, colour and texture understanding.
  • What is your current availability?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2021

Interview

I applied through Handshake on my school's website and got a call back for an initial screen after 2 weeks over the phone. The next round occurred a week later with a zoom interview with one of the Finance Managers. I was then asked to complete a case study a week later and was told I'd get back to a day after but the recruiter unfortunately ghosted me altogether even after I had followed up via email. The job has been constantly re-posted since end of May on LinkedIn and continues to do so and so not sure who they are looking for exactly on their end even if you meet most of the requirements.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and why you want to work at Pottery Barn.
  • Tell me about a time you've had a conflict at work and what you did to resolve it?

Pottery Barn

Application

I interviewed at Pottery Barn

Interview

Super Easy -Typical on-site interview with the store manager and assistant store manager. Practice your typical interview questions and research the company and you will be fine. The only distraction was that the interview was done in the store while people were shopping.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and why you want to work here?

Pottery Barn

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pottery Barn in Jun 2021

Interview

As someone who get extremely nervous during interviews, it was actually a lot more comfortable than expected. Like having a conversation with a school counselor or something. Only weird thing was the interview was held in the middle of a mall where many people were walking by and talking loudly.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond

Pottery Barn

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Pottery Barn

Interview

Bom, bastante antensioso, cheguei e logo fui atendida para a entrevista tinha mais pessoas, mas foi individual foi chamando os nomes, a entrevista foi bem tranquila e rápida e no fim mandou aguardar a ligação

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Portland, OR) in Apr 2021

Interview

Very comfortable company is very family oriented, talk about what you have done and experince's, projects you have done, ask a lot of questions about the company and job specific in general.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a design project you have done and what the outcome was?

Pottery Barn

Application

I interviewed at Pottery Barn

Interview

Quick simple and straightforward. Show up, unpack boxes and be organized was the important parts. As long as you have a good attitude you should get the job. Dress nice but appropriate for the position

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Pottery Barn

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Pottery Barn in Dec 2020

Interview

Applied to many of the open MC roles in mid Nov 2020, a few days after submitting my applications I received an email from the recruiter to schedule a time to speak. I spoke with the recruiter and it went fine -- she asked all the generic questions and told me I'd be moving onto the next phase of interviews which is with the team. This was scheduled for 2-3 weeks after my first interview and this experience was more of a conversation with the team rather than an actual interview. I was only asked "tell me about yourself" and what questions do you have for me and about the team. It was very relaxed and it seemed like they were just looking for a good fit more than anything.

Interview Questions
  • In the first interview round with the recruiter I was asked: Tell me about yourself Why do you want to work here How do you stay organized in a fast paced/stressful environment What is your skill level with excel Tell me about your merchandise experience
Viewing 1 - 10 of 181 Interviews