Pottery Barn Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Pottery Barn Interview Questions

Interviews at Pottery Barn

2.1

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Three Interviews - with two different people - that manage the store. Very nice people who are just seeing how well you would fit in with their store. Interview was informal but thorough.

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pottery Barn.

Interview

Very quick and friendly, the process was a couple days long. The interview was just a few questions and was hired on the spot. Not to much paper work.

Interview Questions

• What one of your weaknesses   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied through employee referral and it took three weeks to receive a response. It took another three weeks to get through two phone screenings before I was told to prepare for a writing challenge. After waiting a week for the challenge, I reached out and was told in an e-mail that Pottery Barn wouldn't be moving forward with my application.

Why would you tell me to prepare for a writing challenge only to never send one and dismiss me later? After looking at the other interviews for this company on Glassdoor, it appears wasting the time of others is something the recruiters and hiring managers at this company are strikingly proficient in.

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty standard. Questions to see if you're a good culture fit for the team/company. History of work. Will you be okay with someone critiquing your work and making edits? Do you have an ego (without being directly asked if you have an ego)? Do you work well with others?   Answer Question

Copy Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pottery Barn in February 2020.

Interview

The phone screens (2) were fine but where they really showed their selfishness was during the assignment portion of the interview. Even after submitting a resume and expansive portfolio, they required a heavy writing assignment:
    - campaign concept
    - catalog cover copy
    - catalog inside copy
    - 2 editorial emails
    - catalog product spread copy
    - 2 page editing test

After doing all this (6 hours at least) they passed on me without an explanation. I get it, it’s fine if I’m not the right fit.... but it’s not fine to require so much time, work and investment from candidates for free. They are an abusive company and I’m glad I know this now vs later

ASM- Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was called for the initial interview and showed up 10 minutes early for the interview. Miscommunication happened and the GM thought it was later. Once she got there she got pulled by a customer. In total my interview didnt start til an hour later. Things happen. Move forward. The interview was great, casual and fun. Felt a great connection with the GM and was later called for a second interview with the district manager. I pull into the parking lot the day of the second interview to answer a phone call from the GM apologizing that the district manager "forgot" but I could just come in and do a phone interview from the store. Ok. I'm a little bothered as to this is the second time of very scattered, disorganized actions, but again, things happen. The interview with district manager was casual but when pay was brought up he chuckled when I gave him a number.

After 2 interviews, with the GM and the district manager, nobody called me or emailed to inform me of them obviously moving forward with someone else. I think its disrespectful to abuse someone's time like that. Also, I am very greatful for honest feedback and love to hear areas of opportunity for me to grow. But. If pay was the issue, be professional enough to communicate to the candidate that we are not a match based on those reasons. And if its for other reasons, be a leader and help people grow by giving them constructive criticism to better themselves for the next interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a coworker you helped developed.

How do you keep your team motivated when times are bad   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (New Haven, CT (US)).

Interview

Ultimately required six interviews over a five month period. Unfortunately company went through a major reorganization during the recruiting process. Leadership turnover during my time interviewing caused the process to be extremely lengthy.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you shopped in our store? What was your experience? Tell me about your favorite product.   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Birmingham, AL (US)).

Interview

Asked a few questions about values and work ethic. Everyone was very nice and professional, whole process took less than 30 mins and was hired on the spot. I just walked in.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

PR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I had a phone screen with a recruiter that led to an in-person panel interview. Everyone I met with was cordial and smart. After the interview, I followed up with the recruiter I had been corresponding with . She informed me that she was going out on leave, but introduced to me to another recruiter who would be my new point of contact. That was the last I heard from them. I followed up twice with my new contact asking for an update, and received no response. I will never understand why a company would invest 5+hrs in interviews with a candidate then drop off the map. I get the message and that's fine but it was delivered poorly. IMO this lack of respect closing out the interview process likely speaks to how the company (doesn't) values employees in general.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I got an application by walking into the store and asking if there were open positions. At the interview about a week later, I sat down with the general manager right in the middle of the store. It felt very casual but the manager was very professional.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 characteristics your friends would describe you as?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Virginia Beach, VA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

it was easy- I walked into the store, filled out and application then did a phone interview and was hired. From the time I walked into the store to the time I started working, it was about three weeks. The orientation process was overly long and drawn out.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.